Carroll County hires Justin Franklin

PP1

This is about a week old or so, but it has been confirmed by two sources from CCS. Coach Franklin joined Carroll County Schools a few year ago when Trimble County discontinued their football program. I have not confirmed an exact number, but of all the applicants he was the most qualified by far. AD Paul Stone told me he was "best fit."

This is about a week old or so, but it has been confirmed by two sources from CCS. Coach Franklin joined Carroll County Schools a few year ago when Trimble County discontinued their football program. I have not confirmed an exact number, but of all the applicants he was the most qualified by far. AD Paul Stone told me he was "best fit."

He was not the head coach at Trimble when football was discontinued. Mike Isley had at least one year at the helm before numbers dropped.

Correct. According to KHSAA he was the coach there until 2015. He became the gym teacher at Carroll In 2016. Trimble continued to have a football team for two more years. My bad.

Coach Franklin was the Defensive Coordinator and the strength Coach. He is going to continue the upward projection that CCHS has had over the last couple years with Coach Cantwell. Franklin is an amazing Coach, motivator, and an even better person. I congratulate him and wish him the best of luck!