Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

85BearsFan

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 85BearsFan

  1. It's kind of like employment contracts - there are always one sided to the employer. The bureacracy always wins. The kids/players are expected to show some loyalty, but when Johnny who runs a 4.37 transfers in, he will get top billing over Larry whom runs a 4.7 and has been an ardent and loyal supporter of the coach and his program for years. But I do see your point.
  2. I disagree. The score is what it is because faster, stronger and better coached teams tend to win by 30 or more.
  3. He just joined Bellevue, according to the other thread.
  4. Yeah. That would help dispel or confirm rumors.
  5. Absolutely not. My nephew played for Siple, with Marvin Lewis' son. I feel like he is a good coach, just nothing to write home about.
  6. Who are the assistants for the school this year. Saw a few faces that I did not recognize during spring.
  7. Strongly disagree. But as I said, I wish him well.
  8. This could be fool's gold. Siple did well at Indian Hill in Cincinnati, but they were in a mixed league. They were a bigger school in with smaller schools. IH was Ohio DIvision II (KY Class 5A), in a district/league with Ohio Division IV-V schools (KY Class 3A-2A). They were the biggest enrollment school. A couple decent playoff runs. But good luck. He might do well. I hope so.
  9. COmmunity Pride game. Poor vs. rich elite. Didn't they get throttled by Highlands
  10. But still not ready for elite competition. But they could beat most 4A and 5A schools.
  11. Simon Kenton should have such a policy and immediately notify the football coach.
  12. Thread is irrelevant. If he wants to know the cost, call school and ask for literature.
  13. Like a listserv, posted in his own name.
  14. Decent frosh class incoming, a couple of nice linemen
  15. I don't see anything bad about it. But yes too many variables. One player can be that big of a difference maker. How many frosh we talking? 30 or something that actually made contributions in games? Or 8-10 that made contributions. In the latter case, then will need plenty of help in the preceeeding and succeeding classes to maintian a strong varsity career. Numbers also depend on the class. The more merrier in every case. Too many variables. But the short answer is you should have at minimal a winning record from the class as juniors and seniors.
  16. Lite schedule. 6A school playing a A and a 2A. Don't give me the small school perennial power spiel either. SK has nothing to gain from wins over these schools. If SK beats either or both, my take will remain that a 6A school should beat an A or 2A. It's not like SK is under funded or has no resources. If SK wins, all they can say is they beat a name. SK winning against either of them is like Joakim Noah braggin that he dunked on Derrick Rose.
  17. Coelrain game will be worse than last year. As soon as I heard that Bryson was in contact with them couple years ago or whatever, I said Bryson is biting off more than he can chew. I guess you gotta step up sometime and see where you are. But this year, it could be 50-0 this time. Colerain is loaded. They will make final four in Ohio, if not St. X will.
  18. Noise. Not really. The first song was by a guy name Fabolous. It was decent song when it was out. Really slick wordplay in the song by the artist, if you know what he is saying. Having said that, I turned it off after the first minute. As much as I like hip/hop, I don't like hearing any music while watching a highlight tape of any kind. But the transfer looks to be average. That wasn't good competiton he faced. He looks 5'7. Broke his collarbone in week 3 the video says. Probably lost his spot after the injury to a kid that was younger and as good or better. That "you don't lose a position to injury" doesn't apply in high school, especially after such a serious injury. Just throwing stuff against the wall. Hope something sticks.:idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno::idunno:
  19. We put our lunch money in a pot for each game to see whom would get the most sacks in a game. If nobody got a sack, the pot rolled over. I don't understand why violence in the game, which the game is really based on at the end of the day, along with teamwork, is being legislated. The Saints coaches should've let this remain among players. But HS coaches, the ones I know will not allow a bounty system. We kept ours from our coach.
  20. Boone pitcher doiminant. Boone is young. HC is a work in progress. Pitcher gave up 4 in first and settled down.
  21. Nice run after the catch; kid has a burst, but who was the quarterback and what school is he going to. He let that ball fly. A little short, but nonetheless impressive throw form an 8th grader.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.