Is Morgan County Going to be Looking for a Coach?

Ram

As Coach Turner explained on the listserv, he is staying at Morgan Co. His reasons for looking elsewhere had nothing to do with the devistating blow the Tornado handed the program, but everything to do with family. After prayer and thought, he has decided to stay. Right now the last thing Morgan County needs is people questioning the stability of the program. Literally, the program consists of the coaches and kids and the pride that the community has in their team. They have next to nothing in terms of equipment, so instead we should be helping out in any way we can.

As Coach Turner explained on the listserv, he is staying at Morgan Co. His reasons for looking elsewhere had nothing to do with the devistating blow the Tornado handed the program, but everything to do with family. After prayer and thought, he has decided to stay. Right now the last thing Morgan County needs is people questioning the stability of the program. Literally, the program consists of the coaches and kids and the pride that the community has in their team. They have next to nothing in terms of equipment, so instead we should be helping out in any way we can.

Anyone heard anything about Morgan Football receiving $2.3 million for new facility?

Anyone heard anything about Morgan Football receiving $2.3 million for new facility?

I don't know that to be fact, but I do know that the state put a hold on other school building projects for this year and the reason given was to rebuild at Morgan. Now, I don't know what they are going to build.

I don't know that to be fact, but I do know that the state put a hold on other school building projects for this year and the reason given was to rebuild at Morgan. Now, I don't know what they are going to build.

Here is what I know and have found out. The playing field after the storm was condemed. They were told they were going to have to take 2-3 feet of dirt from the field and redo it. After the intial insurance review of the facilities, they would only cover so much of that cost, therefore the state funds (or other funds) are needed to fix it. Hence, this has lead to the possibilitiy of, if we have to fix some of it, why not redo it all. I was under the impression that they were having a second testing/survey of the field to see if it could be saved. Have not heard if that has been done or will be.