2012 Freshmen whom will start or be contributors to their varsity program?

If a freshman starts varsity football, is it a statement about your program? I know there are unique athletes that come along once every 20 years who are just that good, but if a freshman starts varsity it makes me wonder about your program.

I agree. Seing a Freshman start at LexCath leads me to believe that the kid is special. Trinity had a Freshman running back get some carries last year didn't they? However, if your program is leaning on more than one Freshman starter...eventually it will bite you over the season.

Andrew Griffith from Williamsburg, he is going to be a beast...

Voice of Reason trust me, this is not a statement of Williamsburg's program, they will be a very good Class A football team and Andrew will be a contributor...

That may be possible in class A because numbers are low.

Voice of Reason trust me, this is not a statement of Williamsburg's program, they will be a very good Class A football team and Andrew will be a contributor...

That may be possible in class A because numbers are low.

I agree. I can see the possibility of it happening in 1A more frequently than other classes because of fewer numbers in the program. I realize Beechwood is different than most 1A schools, but I can't remember a freshman who started varsity. In fact, it is tough for a sophomore to get playing time at Beechwood. And believe me, there are some great athletes that have played for Beechwood that didn't see significant playing time till their junior year.

If a freshman starts varsity football, is it a statement about your program? I know there are unique athletes that come along once every 20 years who are just that good, but if a freshman starts varsity it makes me wonder about your program.

The thread was directed at 1A AND 2A schools. since everry other thread is about Trinity X and Highlands, with a sprinkle of 5A schools. Also I asked for contributors. But yes a6A school starting a freshman could be an issue.

I agree. Seing a Freshman start at LexCath leads me to believe that the kid is special. Trinity had a Freshman running back get some carries last year didn't they? However, if your program is leaning on more than one Freshman starter...eventually it will bite you over the season.

The original post was start or contribute. I think Sam Letton will contribute in some role. He was on the FBU Tournament that won 3 games to go to San Antonio. Almost all the kids on that team could be contributing to their high school teams in the fall of 2012.

Andy Griffith, Andy Griffith he's so fine so fine. Andy Griffith Andy Griffith.

The original post was start or contribute. I think Sam Letton will contribute in some role. He was on the FBU Tournament that won 3 games to go to San Antonio. Almost all the kids on that team could be contributing to their high school teams in the fall of 2012.

I was saying that a Freshman starting, or contributing, at a program like LC or Trinity means that the kid is special.