Everything posted by Ramfan Coach!
-
Is There a Better 1A District then District 5?
I think you got it!!! That RAM started another hot topic. You think he likes to see fans buttons pushed? lol
-
Is There a Better 1A District then District 5?
Take away Beechwood and that district falls off! Take away LCA you still have top 10 Fairview and Raceland every year. Even in so called down years Beechwood is a top 7. We shoud all hope to be in that position. But the rest of those teams the past few years have dropped off. And the past seven or eight years district five has been on the rise. Mostly because of LCA. But to have three teams in the top 10 year in year out has to say something. While Beechwoods district may have up to two sometimes in the top 10. Beechwood has more state hardware then district five teams combined. But we are talking dictricts. NOT ONE TEAM! I brag and take up for Beechwood when it come to the western posters. You got all the respect in the world from here in northeastern Ky. You have been one of the best if not the best the past 25 years.
-
Beechwood at Ludlow
Beechwood in a blowout!
-
Lexington Christian Academy at Paris
Man what a tough streach for Paris. The past two weeks played BGP #9 Fairview, #6 Raceland and now #7 LCA. Now thats tough times when you start out with 15 troopers and are now down to 11 or 12. But these players will give 110%. These kids still have pride! They will not give up no matter what the score is!
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
RAMS it looks like you are really the underdog this week. Every poll but one I can find has you ranked way below Fairview. Guess you got some proving to do. Cantrell, LH, AP, ect. Maybe we can get the eagles to spot us a few points to even this game out some! Glad I'm wearing my pink shirt friday! Maybe with my pink shirt I can set on the home side. What are we going to do? I really don't want to go to west Ashland and not come away with a win. So get your butts in gear. If we don't give the ball away we'll be just fine. So show everyone that the AP and others are wrong AGAIN!!
-
New 1A Draft Alignment Discussion
If I knew I could't make the playoff's unless we played our very best each and every week. Or if you don't have things to fight for I don't think you get the very best out of each and every individual. Kids don't get into the home field adv. like older people/coaches. They will take the easy path sometimes. What the heck. First or fourth. We get to go to the playoffs anyway. Playoffs are to watered down. These first round playoff games are crazy. Most arn't even a good practice for the next game. Example: Just using teams: LCA vs Paris. Mayfield vs Fulton City/Co. ect.
-
Ashland/Johnson Central prediction
GB when you lose as much as I have over the years like I have at Putnam stadium. You use the officiating reason. :taz: It was a great place to play there when I was a kid. And it's always been one of my favorite places to go watch a game. But as you get a little older you get a little wiser. And you realize maybe the best team may have won all those games without the officials!!!. We found out it's not impossible to win there. We haven't done bad there the last decade! If you have the talent and a little luck you can win. Even at Putnam stadium!! It's just a great place to play and has so much tradition. I remember years ago they woud bring in a couple small colleges to play a game. I believe the last one I went to was Finley College and Fairmont College. That was a few years back!!!
-
Raceland 26 Morgan County 20 (Frosh)
Good win RAMS! Now get back on the field and let those older players bang on ya some!
-
New 1A Draft Alignment Discussion
Ramcat77 you arn't one of these guys that think every little Johnnie should get a trophy! Thats terrible!:lol: It really bothers me that it has all come down to: We want everyone to have a chance. We don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. God help us when we start giving the same trophy to the state runnerup. Because we wouldn't want any parents saying. We come this far to play. And everyone should get the samething.:cry:
-
Will the west win every 1A title?
JMO! But I think we'll just have to play it out and see. Every year about 30 to 50% of all the fans on here say one team is going to win it all. And they give great reasons why! But it just doesn't happen.:idunno: Seems we are all experts on football. Maybe we are in our own little corner of the state. But all of us seem to know everything about every team in the state. Last year 40% said Mayfield would win it all. Why not they were killing everyone. 40% said LCA would win and they did. 10% said Beechwood. 10% said others. And on and on. No one will know till it's all over year after year. But it's fun GUESSING!!!:popcorn: So I'm going with Fulton City or County out of the west. Paris out of the east. Dayton out of the north. ect.
-
Prestonsburg vs. Morgan County predictions
Morgan Co doesn't have a shot. But they will feel by the end of the game they have been blown up!! P-burg will run all over MC IMO!
-
Can Prestonsburg/Russell Become a Marquee Rivalry?
Absolutely!! This can and will be . Just because they will be fighting for the district championship most years.
-
West Carter/Fleming County Predictions
I think RP got this right. West wins by a big margin. Three plus TD's!
-
Ashland/Johnson Central prediction
What makes it so hard to come out with a win at Putnam Stadium? It's been said on here three or four times Putnam stadium is so hard to win at. WHY? Is it just the very good teams that the cats put out yearly? What is the winning percentage at home vs away games each year? With this said. Because of the talent in the backfield of JC. And the lack of run defense of the cats. I have a feeling that JC will eek out a win. Don't worry T-cat fans. I'm only getting about 40% of my rival games right this year!!
-
Is There a Better 1A District then District 5?
Now thats a tough district. How does the #1 team and always a top 5 team in the state withstand this year end and year out? lol
-
Does Lawrence County Have What It Takes to Win the District?
Maybe the best race in any class. Three teams that are very even. Greenup Co is in the most trouble now. But if they beat Lawrence Co. (and they can) This coud be something else. Could we see a three way tie? If Lawrence loses to GC and beats Rowan Co. Don't you have a three way tie? Does it come down to point spread?
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
Well I have a feeling they need to try and control both the pass and run! We average 433ypg on offense. 290 of those are pass. That leaves 143ypg on the ground. And that is with one game of only 5 yards vs Ashland. After game two the run game has really come around.
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
Congrats on 4,000 Doc.
-
Greenup County / Lawrence County Predictions
Another big game for Greenup Co. .. Lawrence Co. is a good team but lost a game to a team that has only won two games this year. If LC can run on GC they can win the game. For a team that plays ball control on offense GC gives up alot of points. GC will only throw 3 to 5 times a game. GC can be a very physical team. LC will have to match the physicalness of the game. GC will be on the road and maybe that will turn the luck around after losing to Rowan Co at home in the last minute or two. I think GCHS wins in a close one!!
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
Down boy!! Don't let him get to you. Your doing exactly what he wants you to do. He wants you mad. He does this on all the threads he post on. This is what he likes to do. He doesn't like Raceland.
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
I doubt a coach can change the mind set of a community. Not even a McPeek!! He may change a few of the team members minds. But not the one's that have lived it over and over year end year out. And those kids that play for McPeek go home to those parents that want to take this team to the woodshead. We on this side of the highway I'm sure arn't unique it thinking like that. But we feel like that not only about Fairview. But to Russell, Ashland, Greenup Co and LCA. We want to win every game but these are extra special!!! I must have been taking the Fairview and Raceland game atmosphere and crazziness wrong all these years!!:idunno: And if they beat the RAMS for the first time in many years. And the scheduling has been the same at Fairview for years. I guess they can say that the way they schedule is finally paying off. Even the RAMS catch the devils in a down year or two every now and then.:lol:
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
Man I wish I could put that uniform on just one more time.:eek: There is a song out that says. I'm not as good as I once was. But I'm as good once as I ever was. I think I have one good hit left in me!!:taz: I just hope it's red I hit before I run out of breath and my one hit is the knees!!:lol: Just have the oxygan close by after that one hit. I'm already so jacked for this game. I just hope I don't have the big one before friday night at 7:30 Fairview stadium, Westwood.
-
Raceland/Fairview Predictions
Sure hope McPeek is right on this one. I hope Fairview doesn't play like it's a rival game. I bet I know a team that will play like it's the biggest rival game of the decade!
-
Boyle County/Lexington Catholic predictions
Boyle Co runs over another one!!!
-
Garrard County/Somerset Predictions
Summerset of course!!!