Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boss Hog

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Boss Hog

  1. Wow, it sounds like it is going to be fun watching this young man's career take off.
  2. The rest of us understood what you meant Mr. Hensley.
  3. I think it's pretty important. But, it would not be needed if Kentucky would fix the transfer rule. As it is right now it is to interpretive. Three players transfer in the same situation and the KHSAA rules three different ways. Or, one player transfers and everyone thinks he will be eligible and he ruled ineligible. Then one player transfers and everyone knows it's a situation that should warrant lose of eligibility, and he is ruled eligible. There is no predicting what will happen. They need to just make it clear cut, either you can not transfer for any reason, you can transfer as many times as you want, or like some other states you get one free transfer. How hard would that be?
  4. I think Johnson Central will win this game easily, but I think Cooper can gain something from it. I expect JC to be in the top 5 of 5A this year, tall order for a pretty new program.
  5. Pulaski seems like they are going to have a great team every year, sometimes they do, and sometimes they seem to underachieve. What they expected to do this year? Again, on paper it seems they should be good this year.
  6. Now, that is a nice looking field. I had the pleasure of attending a game at Montgomery County several years ago. I thought their stadium was pretty nice then. But, it sure does look much better now.
  7. It seems that opinions vary, normally the winner thinks it's pretty important and the loser thinks it's not very important. Personally, I don't think it matters who wins, it's more about the experience gained, but that's just me.
  8. Wow, a lot of information here. I remember when this first happened. I don't dislike the Birds for any reason, but it seems that some are looking though their blue colored glasses here. It truly doesn't matter to me either way. But, from someone on the other other side of the state I will tell you how most of this looks to people outside of the affected area. 1. Everyone knows about the two residence and it seems that everyone from Highlands knows about them. If you really think that is not a major point you are kidding yourself. 2. It is seen as a team that wins almost every game is mad because they took a chance and lost. 3. It seems that Highlands was just waiting on a new commissioner to take office before fighting this to hard, so the ball would bounce their way. 4. I would venture to say that most people from other schools outside of Northern Kentucky think this absolutely stupid to spend time and money on this. I have read on here for quite some time and many people think fans hate Highlands because they win so much. I am here to tell you, the only reason people hate Highlands is because of stuff like this, not because they win. Just my two cents, take it or leave it.
  9. I'm expecting a lot out of Harlan County this year, I wish them well.
  10. I'll give my "Dark Horse", and before I do, I want to warn all the fans of 1A football - don't laugh. This may catch some of you all off guard and you may think the old Boss has lost it, but here goes: Fairview Now some of you may be thinking "what". But, it seems that Fairview has got themselves some new students from Huntington West Virgina, three I think. It will take a lot for them to beat out Raceland and Lexington Christian, but if I had to pick a Dark Horse - Fairview would be it.
  11. I tell you what, I think I like you son. Like Uncle Jessie always says, "you are finer then a hair on a frog's hind parts". Keep spreading the word about your team, no matter what all those Cletuses have to say. I do have to say one thing, you have really got everyone in Northern Kentucky ryled up.
  12. Well, the way I see it, if we can't have fun in life, then life just ain't worth living. I applaud you for having the intestinal fortitude to say what you think. I for one hope your predictions are on the money. I would love nothing else then to see the doubters silenced. Now, that would be fun. Go big or go home I say.
  13. Sounds like you heard the same story as me. I can't so much as hear a Carrie Underwood song without having to take a drink.
  14. I can tell you, you are going down like Enos when Daisy walks in the room.
  15. I think we all know that LCA is not going to be as good this year as they were last year, that was one team that comes along in a great while. Hazard will be strong as always.
  16. I look for WC to have a good season, they are on the move.
  17. I'll be the first to tell you that I don't care for Coach Rains, but even I was shocked if what I hear happened really happened.
  18. What does Raceland return this year. I look for them to possible beat LCA this year and face Hazard in the Semi's. I think Hazard will win, but I expect Raceland to be there.
  19. You heard it here first, Hazard will be in the State Championship game this year. And, no LCA will not.
  20. Where is this school located?
  21. Yep, that's how I read it. I'm glad I'm not a Highlands fan, it seems that some gave them a black eye in this thread. And, for someone that knows more then me, is there a rule against a team going to a location and doing this? What's the big deal? I thought all workouts were voluntary this time of year anyway.
  22. Dang gone Ram, you must feel like me and Rosco when we showed up at the Duke Family Reunion.
  23. I have friends in Northern Kentucky and they all say people are just scared of Ryle. Now some of you will say that you fear no one, and I don't mean that you fear getting beat, I mean they are scared because they all feel that Ryle will be one, if not the, best Northern Kentucky teams soon. Hated? I don't know. But there is a lot of eyes on them.
  24. Just terrible news, no other way to describe it. Prayers for his family.
  25. I'm glad you cleared that up, so many people think they know about football speed, and they simply do not. People need to watch the NFL combines, 40's below 4.6 are rare, very rare. And while I'm at it, those linemen in those combines are not as fast as people say, almost all of them are over 5.0, some over 5.5. Not the 4.6 we hear the talking heads quote on Sundays.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.