Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lorenzen where he started

Featured Replies

Nice article about Pat Towles and Jared Lorenzen in today's paper:

 

When Highlands quarterback Patrick Towles looks at Jared Lorenzen, he does not see the former high school quarterback who threw for 3,392 yards and 45 touchdowns while leading the unbeaten Bluebirds to a state championship and winning the Kentucky Mr. Football award in 1998.

 

He does not see the former Kentucky player who set school records in total offense, passing yards and passing touchdowns while playing for the Wildcats.

 

And he does not see the former NFL player who, as a third-string quarterback, won a Super Bowl ring in 2008 when the New York Giants shocked the unbeaten New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII in Arizona.

 

When Towles looks at Lorenzen, he sees Highlands' new quarterbacks coach.

 

Read the entire story at nky.com.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jared is going to take HHS QBs into an entirely different stratosphere. Towles has an opportunity along with future QB's at HHS to learn packages and coverages that just dont get taught at the HS level from a guy that not only play against some of the best in the SEC but beat them as well. Add in his NFL experience and you got the makings of a great teacher. This should be an explosive yr for the Birds. Go Birds 20n10

Good article...sounds like Towles will be able to learn a lot. Wonder if Lorenzen will tryout for the new indoor football team that'll be playing at the Bank of Kenucky Center on NKU's campus this coming spring? lol

Jared is going to take HHS QBs into an entirely different stratosphere. Towles has an opportunity along with future QB's at HHS to learn packages and coverages that just dont get taught at the HS level from a guy that not only play against some of the best in the SEC but beat them as well. Add in his NFL experience and you got the makings of a great teacher. This should be an explosive yr for the Birds. Go Birds 20n10

 

:thumb:. Not many HS coaches around here have JLo's in game experience. Should make for a great addition to Highlands staff. The rich continue to get richer.

Good article...sounds like Towles will be able to learn a lot. Wonder if Lorenzen will tryout for the new indoor football team that'll be playing at the Bank of Kenucky Center on NKU's campus this coming spring? lol

 

First of all Jared would not have to try out, secondly, he would destroy any indoor football teams he would face. I watched the guy the other day throwing passes during practice, out of shape? probably, extremely strong? maybe stronger than he was when he was playing. The guy is a freak. Are you kiddin me.

First of all Jared would not have to try out, secondly, he would destroy any indoor football teams he would face. I watched the guy the other day throwing passes during practice, out of shape? probably, extremely strong? maybe stronger than he was when he was playing. The guy is a freak. Are you kiddin me.

 

Dude no need to jump down my throat...when I asked the question I was meaning would he wanna play for the new team. Calm down a little....I never took anything of his physical stature into question....I've always liked him for being able to do what he could/can do for the size he was/is. He gave the entire Wildcat nation something to be proud of and I'll never question anything about the man.

Dude no need to jump down my throat...when I asked the question I was meaning would he wanna play for the new team. Calm down a little....I never took anything of his physical stature into question....I've always liked him for being able to do what he could/can do for the size he was/is. He gave the entire Wildcat nation something to be proud of and I'll never question anything about the man.

 

The rest of us understood what you meant Mr. Hensley.

The rest of us understood what you meant Mr. Hensley.

 

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I am really excited that J Lo is on the coaching staff. How great is that? Lucky Mr. Mueller!

Mr Mueller? Now that sounds weird. Ive heard smiley and Dale but never Mr. Meuller. Nice article but alot of that goes without saying. Having a former NFL player on your staff is definitely a luxury. Jareds approach seems to be that of a true teacher of the game and that goes a heckuv alot further than a coach who might call out a kid on the field but thats jmo.

Mr Mueller? Now that sounds weird. Ive heard smiley and Dale but never Mr. Meuller. Nice article but alot of that goes without saying. Having a former NFL player on your staff is definitely a luxury. Jareds approach seems to be that of a true teacher of the game and that goes a heckuv alot further than a coach who might call out a kid on the field but thats jmo.

I agree it is a luxury to have a former NFL player on the coaching roster. I will also say that there are probably several former NFL players out there who offer their "coaching" services to prep football programs, and all they do is sit around and tell stories about their former greatness. From what I have heard about Jared Lorenzen and what this article says, HHS is REALLY fortunate to have a former NFL player like Mr. Lorenzen who is taking the time and the effort to really help the young players develop, and not merely bragging about his passing records, etc.

I agree it is a luxury to have a former NFL player on the coaching roster. I will also say that there are probably several former NFL players out there who offer their "coaching" services to prep football programs, and all they do is sit around and tell stories about their former greatness. From what I have heard about Jared Lorenzen and what this article says, HHS is REALLY fortunate to have a former NFL player like Mr. Lorenzen who is taking the time and the effort to really help the young players develop, and not merely bragging about his passing records, etc.

 

I had a former NFL DB as a coachin High School and he was awesome, George Floyd. He related well to the kids but really taught everyone about some the intricate things players at the HS level need to know, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I also heard that Nate Webster-former Bengal LB is helping out down at Bellevue and also thought I heard on the news that TO showed up for a practice or something. Can anyone confirm that?

I also heard that Nate Webster-former Bengal LB is helping out down at Bellevue and also thought I heard on the news that TO showed up for a practice or something. Can anyone confirm that?

 

That's one NFL player that I could do without showing up to mentor high school kids.

I had a former NFL DB as a coachin High School and he was awesome, George Floyd. He related well to the kids but really taught everyone about some the intricate things players at the HS level need to know, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I also heard that Nate Webster-former Bengal LB is helping out down at Bellevue and also thought I heard on the news that TO showed up for a practice or something. Can anyone confirm that?

 

EKU, class of '82, right? Great DB at Eastern.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.