Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why is Ryle so.............................

Featured Replies

............hated?

 

It seems they have a decent program, but they have not went several years without loosing to a Kentucky team, or won back to back to back State Championships. Why does it seem that they are disliked so much?

  • Replies 109
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not say they are hated but earning respect. They play a tuff schedule and they are a tuff team. I can say that last year the Ryle game was the one game that worried me the most.

  • Author

I can understand that Henry, but it seems that Ryle does not get respect, rather loathing. There are other teams in the same area of the state as Ryle that seemed to have earned respect, in fact your team has not lost to a state team in what three years? And it seems that they are respected. But the feeling seems a little different about Ryle and they have not had near the success as some others. Why the hard feelings?

Isn't it really just one poster that "hates" on Ryle?

  • Author
Isn't it really just one poster that "hates" on Ryle?

 

Possible, but I was going on the assumption where there is smoke there is fire.

Possible, but I was going on the assumption where there is smoke there is fire.

 

Living here in NKY I don't sense any dislike for Ryle. They're set up to be strong in every single sport every single year.

Possible, but I was going on the assumption where there is smoke there is fire.

 

You do know that poster is not a Highlands fan as insinuated in your original post of "It seems they have a decent program, but they have not went several years without loosing to a Kentucky team, or won back to back to back State Championships. Why does it seem that they are disliked" so much. Unless you were talking about Simon Kenton.

  • Author
You do know that poster is not a Highlands fan as insinuated in your original post of "It seems they have a decent program, but they have not went several years without loosing to a Kentucky team, or won back to back to back State Championships. Why does it seem that they are disliked" so much. Unless you were talking about Simon Kenton.

You seem to take a lot personally, I was not insinuating "That Person" was a Highlands fan, I was insinuating that Highlands is very successful and most of the time disdain is reserved for the very successful programs, not the "Good" programs. Set back and read without thinking that everything is a slam on Highlands.

I think Ryle is feared but when they don't make a final 4 run people just say that's Ryle for ya. They have a lot of good things in place, if they can polish up a few things they will take the next big steps.

............hated?

 

It seems they have a decent program, but they have not went several years without loosing to a Kentucky team, or won back to back to back State Championships. Why does it seem that they are disliked so much?

 

They aren't disliked so much so I don't know why you think that it seems they are disliked so much. Ryle is highly respected and liked. Great coach and dedicated players on a program that has been really on the rise. I think they'll win the 6A N. Ky district this year. Occasionally some fan goes over the top in claiming the program is the best thing since the invention of soft toilet paper (happened more often right after their trip to the state championship a couple of years ago), but that's not unique to Ryle. Heck, I read that kind of stuff from fans on here whose programs haven't been to a championship in more years than Ryle. Actually, the Ryle fans are great people. I know the parents of several Ryle players and they are super. What made you think that it seemed that Ryle was disliked so much?

  • Author
What made you think that it seemed that Ryle was disliked so much?

 

I guess it just seems that they get a lot of negative comments here. People that I talk to in NKY think that Ryle has a lot of potential. It seems that I found out more about them here, in short order, then I read on here about them normally.

Ryle will give the Birds fits this year and most Birds fans know and respect that. I think the only negative stuff i have read about them tended to focus on Elliot and his composure at times.

It seems like a lot of hate at times. But I think most will agree that someone has more than one profile. But I also think that persons makes a lot of people laugh. John Anthony is right. Ryle is very close.

Sometimes people on the outside don't want to admit when the opponent is doing things right, and Ryle is doing a lot of things right. 1. Working hard in the weight room in the off season. 2. Upgrading coaching staff 3. Raising money to upgrade facilities 4. Hall of Fame Night and Sportsfest Night to celebrate their programs.

Sometimes people on the outside don't want to admit when the opponent is doing things right, and Ryle is doing a lot of things right. 1. Working hard in the weight room in the off season. 2. Upgrading coaching staff 3. Raising money to upgrade facilities 4. Hall of Fame Night and Sportsfest Night to celebrate their programs.

 

I agre cvb, and I respect what Ryle is doing now with this coaching staff. In the past-I do think Ryle somehow believed because they lived in an affluent area, had the nice facilities, the fireworks, etc, I always had the idea that they felt "entitled" to winning, but when they didn't go as far as they thought they might, I think they have properly retooled, and realized you have to put in the work all year long to get to the Trinity, Highlands, Boyle County, Beechwood, St. X, Mayfield, + Danville levels.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.