Why is Ryle so.............................

Ram

How about 57 commonwealth diplomas this past year and 6.7 million dollars in scholarships to this year's graduating class?

I always wondered about these numbers-could 1 student have like 3 million daollars in scholarship money and that is how it is counted, or is it accepted scholarship money?? Just wondering-no skin in the debate.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wondered about these numbers-could 1 student have like 3 million daollars in scholarship money and that is how it is counted, or is it accepted scholarship money?? Just wondering-no skin in the debate.

I think all the schools count it as you state first - One student could have 3 million in offers. I have no skin either, but it is always enjoyable to watch the Ryle faithful and the Ryle haters go at it!!!! :lol:

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I always consider Ryle to be similar to Canada. Nobody hates them! No skin in the debate, just wondering how impressive that scholarship number was. From what I hear it is offered scholarships, not actually those used.

:thumb::thumb: that's without sarcasm.

Ryle is just now beginning their second generation, being 18 years young. If Ryle Grads stay in NKY, they will no doubt send their children to the up an coming school, thus working to develop some history and tradition.

And Ryle has only a state runner-up under their football belt but the school has achieved far more accomplishments than most care to realize, athletically and academically. :thumb:

You say "send their children to the up and coming school" like they have an option. What a lot of people tend to forget is that these schools will be only as good as the talent WITHIN their schools district lines. It doesn't matter if you have field turf for football or solid gold rims for basketball. You'll only be as good as your talent pool. Right now it appears that Ryle has the upper hand on talent numbers for football, but how long will that last? IMO Ryle has made some community affecting decisions recently that is driving some hate towards the program.

. Right now it appears that Ryle has the upper hand on talent numbers for football, but how long will that last? IMO Ryle has made some community affecting decisions recently that is driving some hate towards the program.

Such as?

Go to the next board meeting and ask.

I assume you've been to the board meetings, correct?

Can you share with the other 99.99% of us what these decisions might be that cause hatred toward Union folk?

From these posts, it seems that Ram is right, there is a lot of hate. No money came from tax dollars. The money for repairs came from an account that was set aside for upkeep and repairs.

BOE must approve all expenditures, but that does not mean that they have to come up with the money for it. The money for this project did come from private donations. It all started with a meeting with about 25 people interested in getting a turf field, and new track.

I didn't realize that Ryle was hated so much ,my question is ,are the Raiders hated more than the Bluebirds ? Should someone start a poll to see who is hated the most ?

Disagree...............you can hate a whacked out sense of entitlement, but you can't be jealous of it. (hat tip to quickslick)

But, you can be jealous of them getting a lot of the stuff they feel they are "entitled to", like a turf field and tax money to repair it.

I didn't realize that Ryle was hated so much ,my question is ,are the Raiders hated more than the Bluebirds ? Should someone start a poll to see who is hated the most ?

Are you serious? What would that prove? Man it must be slow where you are at.

I hate to say it but the Birds would run away with that award. Ryle hasn't been around long enough to be as hated as the Birds. Maybe if they ever win 10 or 15 state championships they would be mentioned in the same breath. lol