Why is Ryle so.............................

Ram

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm serious , and it would prove who is hated more.

So now an HHS fan is upset that another school might win the "most hated" title? :lol:

Get in line, buckaroo...Trinity & X have a big lead if the poll is state wide. :D

So now an HHS fan is upset that another school might win the "most hated" title? :lol:

Get in line, buckaroo...Trinity & X have a big lead if the poll is state wide. :D

As most people in NKY know , Highlands is called "Cake-eaters" by a lot of fans all over the state and also in Southern Ohio. I'm positive by the nickname it is not meant as a compliment ! I don't know if Ryle , T or X has any nicknames but if they do , I would like to hear about them. Until then, I would think HHS takes the cake on HATE.

I would like to apologize to the Ryle faithful on this thread. I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread , but when you talk about Hate , Highlands is the first school that comes to most peoples mindS.

As most people in NKY know , Highlands is called "Cake-eaters" by a lot of fans all over the state and also in Southern Ohio. I'm positive by the nickname it is not meant as a compliment !
I agree with you on the dislike of Highlands out in the state; but every HHS fan I know takes the "cake eater" thing as a type of compliment. It used to be an insult...until we adopted it ourself. Now it's really become nothing more than a friendly nickname.

I agree with you on the dislike of Highlands out in the state; but every HHS fan I know takes the "cake eater" thing as a type of compliment. It used to be an insult...until we adopted it ourself. Now it's really become nothing more than a friendly nickname.

I think most schools adopt that mentality. CCH embraces the silliness of the "gay" cheers. Conner used to be called "pig farmers" by Boone County and so they wore overalls to games when playing Boone. Its the only way to handle it.

As most people in NKY know , Highlands is called "Cake-eaters" by a lot of fans all over the state and also in Southern Ohio. I'm positive by the nickname it is not meant as a compliment ! I don't know if Ryle , T or X has any nicknames but if they do , I would like to hear about them. Until then, I would think HHS takes the cake on HATE.

I would like to apologize to the Ryle faithful on this thread. I didn't mean to hi-jack your thread , but when you talk about Hate , Highlands is the first school that comes to most peoples mindS.

You know, if you want to be the most hated, go right ahead. :lol:

You know, if you want to be the most hated, go right ahead. :lol:

Thanks , but I have no control over who hates who . I'm sure someone hates T , just because of their winning program , if that makes you feel any better. Most of the T haters are from the Lou. area,I'm sure.

Thanks , but I have no control over who hates who . I'm sure someone hates T , just because of their winning program , if that makes you feel any better. Most of the T haters are from the Lou. area,I'm sure.

:lol:

1) You do have a measure of control. But, I'm happy to let y'all be the most hated.

2) Yes, many hate T, and I hate that they hate us. I want everyone to love T. :D

3) You really think that most of the T & X haters are from Louisville?

:lol:

1) You do have a measure of control. But, I'm happy to let y'all be the most hated.

2) Yes, many hate T, and I hate that they hate us. I want everyone to love T. :D

3) You really think that most of the T & X haters are from Louisville?[/QUOTE]

As you can tell by my user name that I'm not in the inner circle in Ft. Thomas. I was born and raised there and graduated from HHS ,even back then I never heard anyone say that they hated T.So, to answer your question , yes I think most of T 's haters are from your area. I also know that T gets a lot of respect in this area. (JMO)

Question on #3. When you say raising money to upgrade facilities, would you consider a very large donation by one individual a success in fund raising efforts? I was once told that one person donated pretty close to 90% of the funds for the new field turf. Now that could just be someone blowing smoke, but if every Boone County high school had someone affiliated with their program that generous with their money, they would all be able to upgrade to that status.

On a football note: Ryle is doing great things and has some very good talent this year. I have seen Elliot, Hemple, and a few other Raiders several times this year at various college camps. I can't say the same for other local area programs. They are working to get better and it should pay off with a very good season.

You just can't have someone donate money to a school in Boone County. It has to be willed to the school. Take Boone County for example, Shaun Alexander was going to donate money to upgrade their facilities but the school board said no unless he was going to do it for the other 2 schools at that time. To me the school shouldn't to be raising money, the school board should be finding way to help all the schools. Look what Kenton County has done with their 3 high schools. Except an indoor practice facility maybe to much. But, at least they are upgrading.

You just can't have someone donate money to a school in Boone County. It has to be willed to the school. Take Boone County for example, Shaun Alexander was going to donate money to upgrade their facilities but the school board said no unless he was going to do it for the other 2 schools at that time. To me the school shouldn't to be raising money, the school board should be finding way to help all the schools. Look what Kenton County has done with their 3 high schools. Except an indoor practice facility maybe to much. But, at least they are upgrading.

Ummm ... "willed" isn't the word you are looking for.

The BOE didn't let the Alexander deal go through because he did not commit to the full amount. (I seem to remember he pledged 250,000 or 450,000 ... but that is a guess at this point). I do remember that it wasn't for the full amount--which at the time meant that the BOE would have to pay for the rest--which they wouldn't do (because they would be tied in for the rest for the other schools).

This "the school board would let Shaun...." is one of the great annual myths of BGP. Its up there with "OJ Mayo is too old to play high school."

As many have pointed out , including QS below your post, it had nothing to do with Shaun not doing it for the other county schools. 100% myth.

This "the school board would let Shaun...." is one of the great annual myths of BGP. Its up there with "OJ Mayo is too old to play high school."

As many have pointed out , including QS below your post, it had nothing to do with Shaun not doing it for the other county schools. 100% myth.

Clyde seems to know what has to go on with BC. S. Alexander would only donate so much, to get them turf for 50 yards of the field. Boone would benefit so greatly of turf, just didnt have the motivation from the donor or school. I don't know which to use :lol:, here or prior.....:lol:

Ryle will pass them up because their is no interest in the community in beating the Raiders from Union.....Go BCHS basketball.....