Why is Ryle so.............................

Ram

The people in the county didn't have to foot the bill. 50 k was not paid to the original contractor and was set aside to conduct these repairs to the TRACK out of private funds. There are many on this forum that are misinformed.

Ha, ha ... you have no clue whether I know what is up or not.

And I am not going to waste my time arguing with you about it.

I will simply state facts ... the assistant super who is in charge of the facilities (for the BOE) has stated (IN PUBLIC) who is footing the bill for this.

Either he is lying .. or you are ... and he hasn't lied to me in the past.

That doesn't even speak to the coaches in the building at Ryle who have made the same statements.

Do I need to go further?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The people in the county didn't have to foot the bill. 50 k was not paid to the original contractor and was set aside to conduct these repairs to the TRACK out of private funds. There are many on this forum that are misinformed.

I second that for sure!

If memory serves me correctly. Ryle is the last Boone Cty school to beat Highlands let alone play with them. So, this Highlands fan respects the Ryle program and knows this will be no easy task this yr for the Birds. Ryle gets my vote as preseason #2 in NKY this yr with believe it or not Campbell Cty being a close 3rd. , jmo. Go Birds 20n10

Ha, ha ... you have no clue whether I know what is up or not.

And I am not going to waste my time arguing with you about it.

I will simply state facts ... the assistant super who is in charge of the facilities (for the BOE) has stated (IN PUBLIC) who is footing the bill for this.

Either he is lying .. or you are ... and he hasn't lied to me in the past.

That doesn't even speak to the coaches in the building at Ryle who have made the same statements.

Do I need to go further?

Lets state the facts. The facts are that the Ryle TRACK is currently being repaired through approval of the Boone County BOE, but not with monetary assistance of the board. The money for the project was provided through fundraising. IMO, it should be provided by the board because it is facility maitinance. However, it is not being provided by the board. It is being provided through funds not given to the turf field contractor for an unfinished job.

Well, some advice for the Ryle faithful posting and viewing on here. Get use to the Hate. Because sucessful programs are the hunted ones. And right now Ryle is sucessfull and moving in all the right directions and there is alot of talk going on right now about Ryle. Call it Hate, call it envious, call it respect, bottom line is when you do things right people talk about you, good and bad. And an old Coach once told me, when your biggest talkers quit talking then you need to worry. Go Birds 20n10

Lets state the facts. The facts are that the Ryle TRACK is currently being repaired through approval of the Boone County BOE, but not with monetary assistance of the board. The money for the project was provided through fundraising. IMO, it should be provided by the board because it is facility maitinance. However, it is not being provided by the board. It is being provided through funds not given to the turf field contractor for an unfinished job.

Lets be a little more clear ... it is common knowledge that we are talking about the problem with the field/surface sinking/drainage issues with the field itself ... NOT THE TRACK.

2nd, No one in Boone County should have to pay for repairs to the track either (thank goodness they are not) because the track (which was redone ONE or TWO years before the field) had to be razed because of the project with the field. That isn't regular maintenance. The track was basically brand new when it was destroyed for the field upgrade. Therefore, if it has to be fixed now-it should not come out of the budget from the county (because it was brand new when Ryle chose to raze it for the field). Ryle has had 3 new resurfacings for the track in the same period since Boone and Conner have had their last one. That probably speaks to why the county will not pay for that.

But .. while we are on the subject ... lets get back to the field. Who is paying for that? (and don't act like it doesn't have to be fixed)

And .. keep in mind--if you actually read my first posts .. you will see that my issue isn't with Ryle. It is with the BOE. But--as I stated then--the way that the Ryle faithful presents their side of the issues leads people to believe that there is a sense of entitlement that is above and beyond the other schools in the county. Try seeing both sides of the issue as opposed to something that comes out as a whacked out sense of entitlement over the other schools in the district.

Lets be a little more clear ... it is common knowledge that we are talking about the problem with the field/surface sinking/drainage issues with the field itself ... NOT THE TRACK.

2nd, No one in Boone County should have to pay for repairs to the track either (thank goodness they are not) because the track (which was redone ONE or TWO years before the field) had to be razed because of the project with the field. That isn't regular maintenance. The track was basically brand new when it was destroyed for the field upgrade. Therefore, if it has to be fixed now-it should not come out of the budget from the county (because it was brand new when Ryle chose to raze it for the field). Ryle has had 3 new resurfacings for the track in the same period since Boone and Conner have had their last one. That probably speaks to why the county will not pay for that.

But .. while we are on the subject ... lets get back to the field. Who is paying for that? (and don't act like it doesn't have to be fixed)

And .. keep in mind--if you actually read my first posts .. you will see that my issue isn't with Ryle. It is with the BOE. But--as I stated then--the way that the Ryle faithful presents their side of the issues leads people to believe that there is a sense of entitlement that is above and beyond the other schools in the county. Try seeing both sides of the issue as opposed to something that comes out as a whacked out sense of entitlement over the other schools in the district.

I fail to see this percieved sense of entitlement. Ryle has paid for this field with raised funds and they are paying for the following repairs with raised funds.

Great post, nuff said.................keep things in perspective, you only have a state runner up to your claim.

Great post, nuff said.................keep things in perspective, you only have a state runner up to your claim.

How about 57 commonwealth diplomas this past year and 6.7 million dollars in scholarships to this year's graduating class?

How about 57 commonwealth diplomas this past year and 6.7 million dollars in scholarships to this year's graduating class?

:thumb::thumb: that's without sarcasm.

Ryle is just now beginning their second generation, being 18 years young. If Ryle Grads stay in NKY, they will no doubt send their children to the up an coming school, thus working to develop some history and tradition.

And Ryle has only a state runner-up under their football belt but the school has achieved far more accomplishments than most care to realize, athletically and academically. :thumb:

Out of how many students? NCC has had 71 students receive 5.1 million dollars from a little over 100 kids in the class.