Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Raceland 2010

Featured Replies

What does Raceland need to do to improve in 2010? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 161
  • Views 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

Raceland Schedule 2010

Aug. 6 Meet the Rams 7:30pm

Aug. 15 EKC Grid @ Fairview

Raceland vs. West Carter 6:00pm

Aug. 20 Boyd County 7:30pm

Aug. 27 @ Ashland 7:30pm

Sept. 3 Fleming County (EKC) 7:30pm

Sept. 10 @ Greenup County 7:30pm

Sept 17 @ East Carter (EKC) 7:30pm

Sept. 24 @ Nicholas County (EKC) (D) 7:30pm

Oct. 1 Paris (D) 7:30pm

Oct. 8 @ Fairview (EKC) (D) 7:30pm

Oct. 15 LCA (D) 7:30pm

Oct. 22 @ Russell 7:30pm

Oct. 29 Open

Nov. 5 Playoffs 1st Round

Nov. 12 Playoffs 2nd Round

Nov. 19 Regional Championship

Nov. 26 Semi-Finals

Dec. 3 State Championship

  • Author

Raceland JV Schedule 2010

Aug. 23 @ Boyd County 6:00pm

Aug 28 @ Ashland TBA

Sept. 13 @ Greenup County 6:00pm

Sept 20 East Carter 6:00pm

Sept 27 @ Russell 6:00pm

Oct. 11 Fairview 6:00pm

 

 

 

Raceland Freshman Schedule 2010

 

Aug. 26 Boyd County 6:00pm

Sept. 2 Ashland 6:00pm

Sept. 9 Lewis County 6:00pm

Sept. 16 Greenup County 6:00pm

Sept. 23 @ East Carter 6:00pm

Oct. 4 Morgan County 6:00pm

Oct. 21 Russell 6:00pm

  • Author

Raceland Roster 2010

3 Sam Hieneman WR/DB Sr.

8 Scotty Craft RB/DB Sr.

11 Ryan Tolliver WR/DB So.

14 Tyler Farley QB/DB Sr.

15 Tyler Nethercutt WR/DB Jr.

16 Marcus Reed QB/DB Jr.

19 Austin Blankenship QB/DB So.

23 Ralph Burchett RB/DB Sr.

33 Kyle Morris RB/LB So.

34 Michael Litteral RB/LB Sr.

44 Josh Reed RB/LB Jr.

45 Jared Graqvenor RB/LB Jr.

52 Austin Johnson OL/DL Sr.

53 Brandon Rogers OL/DL Jr.

54 Bryan Caudill OL/LB Jr.

55 Doug Abrams OL/DL So.

56 Johnny Smith OL/DL Jr.

61 Levi Hunt OL/DL So.

66 Brandon Boyles OL/DL So.

68 Logan Caldwell OL/DL So.

71 Monty Harris OL/LB Jr.

72 James Harris OL/DL Jr.

74 Justin Evans OL/DL Sr.

78 Devin Thomas OL/DL So.

80 Phillip Thompson WR/LB Jr.

85 John Valencourt WR/DB So.

Freshmen

Zach Litteral

Austin Manis

Nevan Johnson

James Wireman

Timmy McComas

Michael Mowery

Yale Wetzel

Paul Frisby

James Smith

AJ Joseph

Daylin Beach

Mac Boggs

Blake Bressler

Nathan Chaney

Adam Elkins

Brady Harris

Jacob Holbrook

Alec Risner

Michael Wolmack

  • Author

Raceland Football – 2010

 

1. Find Linemen

The number one priority for Raceland to be successful this season is to find some capable offensive and defensive linemen. Raceland returns experienced backs and receivers, but only returns two experienced linemen, Austin Johnson and Brian Caudill. Finding linemen will be on the top of the list for the coaching staff.

 

2. Stingy defense.

For Raceland to be successful, they will have to limit other teams to lower outputs. 2009 saw Raceland allowing more points from opponents then in recent years. Raceland’s defense is going to have to stiffen up and slow other team’s offenses down.

 

3. Poised offense.

This will rest on the maturity of the offensive line. They will have to give Tyler Farley some time to throw. Farley is going to have to be poised in the pocket and give this line time to mature and grow into their own. Michael Litteral and Ralph Burchett will supply the ground game and will have to be able to move the ball to open up the run and prevent opponents from dropping six in pass coverage.

 

4. Special teams.

Kickers wanted, please apply at Ram Blvd. Raceland needs to develop a better kicking game. Raceland was fortunate to do as well as they did last year after giving the opponents the ball on the 35 virtually every kickoff. Kicking and punting is a huge part of any team, and Raceland is going to have to develop a kicking game to help the defense out and to win the battle for field position.

 

5. Players to watch.

Michael Litteral (Sr) RB/LB – Michael will be looked to supply a big part of the running game. He developed into a power back, in a small package, last year and will need to build on that this season.

Ralph Burchett (Sr) RB/DB – Ralph will be the second back in Raceland’s two back offense. Ralph has the speed to provide a change up for Raceland’s offense and will need to be a major contributor.

 

Marcus Reed (Jr) QB/WR/RB/DB – Marcus will be used in several different ways, and adds another dimension to the Raceland offense. Look for great things from Marcus this season.

Brian Caudill (Jr) OL/LB – Brian has played above his age for two years and will have to play like a senior this year, he will have to be the face of the defense for Raceland.

Austin Johnson (Sr) OL/DL – Austin has the experience and size to be the force of the line for Raceland. Raceland needs Austin to step up and be a leader on this team. With three inexperienced linemen, Austin needs to be the mentor and teacher of this OL.

Scotty Craft (Sr) WR/DB – Scotty is a big player in a small body. Scotty has the ability to provide some speed to the receiving corp and will be looked to, to be a big target for Farley.

Tyler Farley (Sr) QB – Tyler, coming off of a 2,000 yard passing season, will need to repeat that performance and build on last year’s experience.

Edited by Ram

Ram are the numbers down a little bit this year for the Rams? Seems like they usually had more players than that. In any case I would expect Raceland will have a very nice season, they always do. Good testament to the coaching and the players, it's easy to want the Rams to do well season in and season out. :thumb:

I couldn't wait for this thread to start and then I read everything Ram posted and I don't have anything left to say. lol

  • Author
Ram are the numbers down a little bit this year for the Rams? Seems like they usually had more players than that. In any case I would expect Raceland will have a very nice season, they always do. Good testament to the coaching and the players, it's easy to want the Rams to do well season in and season out. :thumb:

The numbers are about the same (45-55), the thing is; this team will be young for the most part, almost half the team will be freshmen. You're right the coaching staff can not be overlooked, they are of high quality and get the most out of our team year in and year out.

 

Raceland will have a nice season, but how nice will hinge on the ability of the coaching staff to prepare and assemble a quality OL/DL. That is what this season will hinge on. The back field is full of experience and ability, and the receiving corp will be athletic. The defense will be athletic and capable. The OL/DL will be where the season rests.

  • Author
I couldn't wait for this thread to start and then I read everything Ram posted and I don't have anything left to say. lol

OK, I'm done, life is now complete, I can quit. I have rendered sidelinedoc speechless. It has all been done now. Last one out turn off the lights.:lol:

  • Author

Cats, on a side note, I have been associated very closely with this freshman class since they were in kindergarten, I coached them from kindergarten until they left the JFL in sixth grade, and I can tell you they will be one of the best classes to ever pass threw Raceland by the time their career is over. They remind me of the class of 2008 (12-1 record), I am as proud of this group as I could be of any group. They have competed and beat virtually ever team in the area. Now, they have not won them all, but as one single class they have won many more then they have lost. I really expect them to have a nice four years of high school football.

OK, I'm done, life is now complete, I can quit. I have rendered sidelinedoc speechless. It has all been done now. Last one out turn off the lights.:lol:

 

It is a rare accomplishment and one you should cherish!:lol:

I was going to say that the freshman class was quite large, and usually you don't keep a large class at a small school without success. Congratulations RAM on your hard work with that group. I hope you get to see them do well at the HS level. Do you foresee any of them making a large impact this year?

Cats, on a side note, I have been associated very closely with this freshman class since they were in kindergarten, I coached them from kindergarten until they left the JFL in sixth grade, and I can tell you they will be one of the best classes to ever pass threw Raceland by the time their career is over. They remind me of the class of 2008 (12-1 record), I am as proud of this group as I could be of any group. They have competed and beat virtually ever team in the area. Now, they have not won them all, but as one single class they have won many more then they have lost. I really expect them to have a nice four years of high school football.

 

Ram, do you still coach JFL? I met one of the coaches of the older Raceland JFL a few years ago, was it you possibly?

 

I dont doubt for a minute that they will be very good in the future. Here's to hoping there as good and better than the '08 class which was obviously top of the line. :thumb:

  • Author
I was going to say that the freshman class was quite large, and usually you don't keep a large class at a small school without success. Congratulations RAM on your hard work with that group. I hope you get to see them do well at the HS level. Do you foresee any of them making a large impact this year?

Thanks, I enjoyed every minute of that work and would not trade it for anything, truly a great experience. And it was made great my having great kids playing and great parents that allowed me to coach and teach their children.

 

The freshman class is pretty big, in fact, if they stay together, the next three freshmen classes are big - 18 plus. If all goes well, when this freshan class are seniors Raceland should dress about 80 players.

 

To answer your question: I love this freshman class and think they will do well, but I really hope they are not called on to much this year, I would love to see them get played some and get experience, but I hope they are not looked to too much this season.

 

Some Freshmen to keep track of:

Zach Litteral - he is going to be a good RB before he graduates, his brother is a senior RB, Michael Litteral. Zach is going to be good.

 

Nevan Johnson - big lineman 6'2 245 lb. He is moving pretty well with good feet and is going to be a solid Lineman before he graduates.

 

Austin Manis - another good sized lineman, moves well and a solid DL, he will make a big impact in high school.

 

Adam Elkins - has the ability and intelligence to be a good QB for Raceland in a couple of years. I think he will be Boyles-like.

 

Daylin Beech - good athlete and will be a big WR for Raceland in the future.

 

Alec Risner - decent sized lineman that runs very well. A strong defensive player and has played OL and FB.

 

There are more, but that is a good start. I'm excited to see them progress.

Edited by Ram

  • Author
Ram, do you still coach JFL? I met one of the coaches of the older Raceland JFL a few years ago, was it you possibly?

 

I dont doubt for a minute that they will be very good in the future. Here's to hoping there as good and better than the '08 class which was obviously top of the line. :thumb:

No, I gave up coaching several years ago. I coached from 2001 to 2007. I coached this freshman class for two years in flag (2001-2002), then I coached our 3rd and 4th grade (2003), then we split each grade up by themselves and I coached 3rd in 2004, 4th in 2005, 5th in 2006 and 6th in 2007. Now, I am the varsity film crew, that has been my job since I quit coaching.

 

We may have met.

 

Thanks for the well wishing, we will have to wait and see how they progress, but here's to hoping they do well.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.