West Carter 2010

Ram

-Throw the rock to Cody Stamper.

-Beef up the OLine.

-Improve on defense. I don't care what you do offensively all truly good teams are excellent on both sides of the ball, especially on defense.

-Get tougher, mentally and physically. Know the difference between being "hurt" and being "injured". Come ready to play every game, especially the district games. Aim for higher goals, WC has broken the playoff curse in recent years (with the exception of last year of course), why not shoot for a home game and/or a playoff win this year and a winning season?

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-Season indications is that West my have one of the best teams to ever at West. They loaded with skill players, most defiantly the fastest team ever. With close losses to Fleming and Russell and competing the entire game with Mason I look for the Comets to host there first playoff game in school history. Cody Stamper and Harrison Bond are two of the best skill players in EKY.

Pre-Season indications is that West my have one of the best teams to ever at West. They loaded with skill players, most defiantly the fastest team ever. With close losses to Fleming and Russell and competing the entire game with Mason I look for the Comets to host there first playoff game in school history. Cody Stamper and Harrison Bond are two of the best skill players in EKY.

Not to sound negative but we heard that last year. I think alot of that talk hurt the team towards the end of the year as they missed out on the playoffs. I look for them to have a good year though. Stamper and Bond are my boys, and I think they'll definitely have good years individually.

So you don't think they will be better than last year? They won 6 games at the passing tournament at Lawrence. Beating Lawrence, Prestonsburg not for sure whom else and lost by one to Ashland in double over time in the semifinals, most years they are lucky to make it out of pool play for the tournaments. Everyone on their schedule is down with the exception of Mason. If you don't talk about being the best and making the playoffs and such. What do you talk about? Best collective group of athletes on a team ever at West bottom line, with 8 kids that can legitimately score from anywhere on the field against their competition and a defense that lead the entire state in 3A last year in points allowed for 9 weeks and finished 3rd over all. I believe the biggest problem at West is confidence and support. Also if Bond would for some unlucky reason get hurt, party might just be over.

So you don't think they will be better than last year? They won 6 games at the passing tournament at Lawrence. Beating Lawrence, Prestonsburg not for sure whom else and lost by one to Ashland in double over time in the semifinals, most years they are lucky to make it out of pool play for the tournaments. Everyone on their schedule is down with the exception of Mason. If you don't talk about being the best and making the playoffs and such. What do you talk about? Best collective group of athletes on a team ever at West bottom line, with 8 kids that can legitimately score from anywhere on the field against their competition and a defense that lead the entire state in 3A last year in points allowed for 9 weeks and finished 3rd over all. I believe the biggest problem at West is confidence and support. Also if Bond would for some unlucky reason get hurt, party might just be over.

1. Didn't say they wouldn't be better or not.

2. Passing league is passing league. There is no running (WC's M/O btw) and no line. It's practice to get better, nothing more and nothing less. I don't even take much stock in the All-Star passing league teams in other states like how many Florida kids do it. Can't really take too much from football being played in shorts and T-shirts IMO.

My thing is that what you said is exactly what was said last year and believe me WC does not lack for confidence this year or last year.

I do like the way you think. Making the playoffs shouldn't be the goal, they should want...no they should demand a home playoff game and a winning season. I'm just tired of the hype, I would rather see results. WC has some great kids who are easy to pull for, I'm just not much for talk and comparing teams. I'm tired of moral victories like playing Fleming or Russell close. I'm way too competitive for that.

I have to say that last year was the best West Carter team that I have ever seen. I think Kevin Brown has done a great job. Last year I thought was the year for West to beat Russell. I honestly expected it. It didn't happen. Will they do it this year? I honestly don't' think so. Sometimes when a team is beaten so often by one team it takes that one big win to convince the program (players, and fans) that it can be done. Until West does that Russell will have their number. With that being said, I find myself rooting for West.

I have to say that last year was the best West Carter team that I have ever seen. I think Kevin Brown has done a great job. Last year I thought was the year for West to beat Russell. I honestly expected it. It didn't happen. Will they do it this year? I honestly don't' think so. Sometimes when a team is beaten so often by one team it takes that one big win to convince the program (players, and fans) that it can be done. Until West does that Russell will have their number. With that being said, I find myself rooting for West.

WC can be an easy team to root for :thumb:. I left the Russell game last year thinking that WC should have won by atleast 10 points or so.

WC can be an easy team to root for :thumb:. I left the Russell game last year thinking that WC should have won by at least 10 points or so.

That sounds about right. I'm going to do two no-no's - compare scores and talk about a scrimmage, but here goes. West beat us in a pre-season scrimmage and we beat Russell 27-15.