Everything posted by Irish Cat
-
Apollo 2015/2016
I'm sorry but I have no insight on that. I wouldn't even know of the Eli rumors if I didn't follow a local sportswriter on Twitter. Unfortunatley I can't help you with that one either. Honestly I have never heard of Hayden Shelton. I assume that he is possibly a younger brother to Hunter Shelton who was a pretty good player at Apollo before he left to attend prep school. Assuming Eli stays, I'm not sure that anybody would really have that much of an impact on the team as IMO 4 of the 5 starting spots are already locked down between Eli Wright, Ben Moss, Trace Young, and Zach Hopewll. I won't fault Eli for making whatever decision is best for him, but selfishly I really hope that he stays in Owensboro. Partly because with him my alma mater has a really good chance to win region with him on the team, and partly due to the fact that I would enjoy the opportunity to watch a player of his caliber over the season, even if he played for a district rival.
-
Apollo 2015/2016
Speculation on twitter last night is that Eli Wright is possibly considering attending Prep School next season. If that happens than it would be a severe blow towards the Eagles program. Easily the biggest recruit that has been at Apollo since Rex Chapman.
-
D'Angelo Russell is the best high school player from KY since.....
Like I said maybe it makes a difference against Wisconsin, maybe it doesn't, but I still think that it worked out well for both parties. Maybe if Russell has to share time at PG with both Harrison and Ulis he doesn't get consider for a top 3 pick in the draft. I don't fault Cal for rolling with the team he had.
-
D'Angelo Russell is the best high school player from KY since.....
Maybe, but UK was 38-1, perhaps they would have gotten farther with Russell in place of Harrison but it's not like PG was a weak spot considering Ulis was on the roster as well. I wouldn't say UK dropped the ball big time. I think things worked out pretty well for both UK and Russell with how they went.
-
The Top Five Gameday Stadiums In Kentucky
Based upon the criteria, I would think that Rash Stadium would get some consideration.
-
Apollo 2015/2016
With 3 players with D1 offers, you would expect that it will be a fantastic year, but last season they lost games that they shouldn't have and I'm not sure why everything wasn't clicking. It seemed like they could play with anybody in the state on some nights and other nights you would leave the gym wondering what was going on.
-
2016: Mr. Basketball Race, Top Players
Unless I'm mistaken Apollo will have 3 players with D1 offers on the team next season. As an alum, I would be very disappointed if they don't improve greatly upon their record for this past year. Considering the talent (They beat Owensboro for the district title) last year overall was very disappointing.
-
What would the Owensboro Red Devils record be if they played in the WNBA?
At the risk of sounding sexist, there is no way that any woman would be able to stop Justin Miller if he catches the ball on the block. Heck, there not to many men that can slow him down, unless they have a height advantage. He is simply too big and too strong.
-
Did the best team actually win the state tournment?
It looks like most agree that it should be based on tournament results. If were going by that standard, Owensboro isn't even the best team in the 9th District. :lol2: Go Eagles!
-
Owensboro/Bowling Green (Sweet 16 Championship) Updates
If Morrow heats up for OHS look out.
-
Owensboro/Covington Catholic predictions
I've seen several of their games and I don't think that is the case at all. According to the KHSAA website several of their players have been pretty good from beyond the arc this year. Holman 23 /42 54.8% Morrow 60/ 138 43.5% Sanford 51 /121 42.1% Harris 8 / 20 40.0% Pendelton 25 / 66 37.9%
-
Owensboro 71 Hopkinsville 50 (Sweet 16 Quarterfinals)
Nice win Red Devils. Way to represent the 9th district.
-
Hopkinsville/Owensboro (KHSAA Sweet 16 Quarterfinals) Updates
Go Devils.
-
Owensboro 55 Collins 38 (Sweet 16 First Round)
I think that he is very underated. It seems that Holman gets all the headlines, but I think that Miller is the most important player on the OHS roster. He is like the high school version of Okafor. If he catches the ball on the blocks he's likely going to score or get fouled.
-
Better Call Saul
I agree that was the best episode of TV that I have seen in a long time.
-
Jay Fallin Is Owensboro High School's New Head Football Coach
I was aware, but 2004 is outside of the 10 year window I was using.
-
Jay Fallin Is Owensboro High School's New Head Football Coach
He better. Coach Prince hasn't lost to Daviess Co. or Apollo in the last 10 years and only twice to Owensboro Catholic during that same period. If a team coming off of a state championship appearance loses to Apollo or Daviess Co. than naysayers might be the least of the new coaches problems.
-
Is Joe Prince out at Owensboro?
Per twitter OHS has hired Jay Fallin who has been an assistant at OHS.
-
D'Angelo Russell is the best high school player from KY since.....
I'm not saying your wrong, but I just don't see any way that Russell would win it. It's Oakafor's to lose and I think it would take him playing poorly for several games to give it away.
-
Better Call Saul
I'm pretty much that way on just about everything anymore. Even UK basketball games. Just pause the TV for about an hour and then you can watch the game sans commercials and halftime.
-
Owensboro Head Coach...
I think that Coach Edge from Owensboro Catholic would be very successful at Owensboro if he wants to change schools.
-
Muhlenberg County 64 Apollo 58
Apollo had better talent, but Tony Hopper > Steve Barker. I've seen several Apollo games this year, and I have no idea what Barker is trying to accomplish on offense.
-
Best dunker in Ky?
Here is a nice one against Daviess Co. http://bit.ly/1AtHkZG I wish I had video of the one that he threw down against Russelville.
-
Owensboro 81 Muhlenberg County 36
I've not really kept up with the other 3rd region teams outside of the 9th district this year, but Muhlenberg Co. is usually pretty good. I realize that Owensboro is really good, but I'm somewhat surprised by this score.
-
Trace Young 6'7" Sophomore Ohio County
According to chatter on Twitter this afternoon. Trace Young has been cleared by the KHSAA and as of now is eligible for Apollo. Supposedly he practiced today with the team for the first time.