Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is Joe Prince out at Owensboro?

Featured Replies

I wonder who they will replace him with?

I wonder who they will replace him with?

 

Obviously this would be on his own since he was just in the title game right??

I had heard earlier in the year that this might be it for him.

 

Sad day seeing a lot of these greats go....

Wonder if this would entice John Edge to leave the Catholic system? Could be right in his wheel house.

I have heard from a player that he will probably be around 1 more year - they return alot: 3 offensive lineman, TJ James at RB, Barrett @ RB/WR, Walker at WR/CB. Need to fill in at QB and a big loss with Collier at WR (Walker maybe?). Defense needs to get better, but they return most everyone besides S Phillips/Beck. All of the linebackers are back, as is the D-Line. I look for some of the younger guys to finish developing and help out too (Weaver/the younger Board). Could be a good year if they can get the QB in good shape.

 

Schedule says scrimmage with Hoptown, then Warren Central, Madisonville, Owensboro Catholic, Bowling Green, Daviess, Apollo, Christian Co. Graves Co, Marshall Co and Henderson Co.

I have heard from a player that he will probably be around 1 more year - they return alot: 3 offensive lineman, TJ James at RB, Barrett @ RB/WR, Walker at WR/CB. Need to fill in at QB and a big loss with Collier at WR (Walker maybe?). Defense needs to get better, but they return most everyone besides S Phillips/Beck. All of the linebackers are back, as is the D-Line. I look for some of the younger guys to finish developing and help out too (Weaver/the younger Board). Could be a good year if they can get the QB in good shape.

 

Schedule says scrimmage with Hoptown, then Warren Central, Madisonville, Owensboro Catholic, Bowling Green, Daviess, Apollo, Christian Co. Graves Co, Marshall Co and Henderson Co.

 

Don't think so!

Joe Prince is a prince of a man, no pun intended. Super guy!

I remember someone telling me Coach Price had some sweet gig set up out of state but I don't remember the details.

 

Anyone?

His wife is from Oboro and that was a goal of theirs to get a gig in Oboro, which he did. Though I have not spoke to him in over a year, past conversation led me to believe that they wanted to always live in Oboro. But things change so who knows. Heck of a guy!

Going to a HS in Virginia.

 

Yep, someone told me something just like that recently but I don't remember the details.

Good luck to him. How long was he at Oboro?

Longtime Owensboro head football coach Joe Prince resigns to take coaching job at Fauquier HS in Virginia

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.