Everything posted by iron dragon
-
Christian County 13 Warren Central 7
Thanks for the recap of the game. I was unable to make it. You are right, WC far exceeded expectations this year. I am excited about an 8-4 season, but even more pumped that we beat BG and finished the season out strong. :banana: Now that momentum can carry over to the weight room. Even though we lost last night, maybe the sting of a close loss in the 2nd round will make the returning players work even harder. Congrats to the Seniors on closing their careers out on a higher note than most expected. :thumb: Hopefully, the opening of the new high school won't severly hurt WC in the long run like some are anticipating.
-
Christian County 13 Warren Central 7
Good season for the Dragons!
-
Warren Central 18 Bowling Green 10
Your exactly right on WC needing to focus on Greenwood. I would just like to see a rematch because it would mean it is for the region title. I would be more than okay with that!!:ylsuper:
-
Warren Central 18 Bowling Green 10
This has to be the sweetest win in a long time for WC!! I can't remember an upset in this series that is bigger than this one. Now, I just hope that we can get a rematch here in a month for the region title. And, I guess we don't have to worry at all about back to back losing seasons. Great job Dragons!!!!!!!!
-
Grayson County 21 Warren Central 13
Taking nothing away from Grayson, but this was an absolute embarrasment for WC. No way should the Dragons lose to Grayson two years in a row. As I said, take nothing away from the Cougars. They executed well and played head up football. If WC loses to BG next week (who will be a heavy, heavy favorite) then the Dragons will have to beat either Greenwood (who won another 6-A district title tonight and beat WC last year) or win a first round playoff game (at the winner of next weeks Owensboro/Madisonville game) to avoid a losing season. If WC finishes 5-6 it will mean the Dragons would have back-to-back losing seasons for the first time since 1983-84! :ohbrother:
-
Warren Central 31 Nelson County 28
Way to go Dragons!!!!!:dancingpa Sounded like a good one. I didn't get to make it.
-
Joe Hood hired as assisstant at Allen County Scottsville.
Congrats to both Coach Hoods. Great to know that Joe P. will be back on the sidelines next year. Heck, I may even have to head over to Scottsville to check out some games this year.
-
2009 Warren Central
The QB situation will be interesting. Should be plenty of speed to make the running game go. Hopefully, the QB position will come around. The district games are much later in the season this year. I believe we play BG week 9 as opposed to week 5 the past two years.
-
Rick Wood named Glasgow High School Football Coach
Fabulous coach. Will do good things for Glasgow.
-
4th Region Draw
I will pick it the same way.
-
Warren Central Coaching Vacancy
Now that the basketball tournaments have started there will likely not be any type of announcement for at least a couple of weeks after the region is finished. If WC makes it to the Sweet 16 that could push an announcement back even further. I don't know if WC would introduce a new coach and steal some thunder from the kids playing basketball. There is usually an open week in between the boys region and Sweet 16 so they might do something then if it gets worked out. I know that the AD said in the paper that they may look at getting an extention for spring practice due to the hiring. I have heard that they interviewed 9-10 people and they are struggling finding open teaching positions for a new coach.
-
Boys Sweet 16 Bracket
The bottom half is a whole lot tougher! The 4th Region (Warren Central, Bowling Green, etc.) got possibly the worst draw they could have gotten with the 11th region. They will have to play the first game on Thursday against a team that is from the Lexington area. To be honest, the only two regions this year that I think are definitely stronger than the 4th are the 11th and the 7th. So, all the way around this was not a good draw for the 4th.
-
Warren Central's Coach Resigns
Stonebreaker would be a fantastic choice and his chances should be extremely good. Since the rumors began swirling early in the year that Coach Cox may resign his name is the one that has been talked about the most. As FF4CH said it would be great to keep this hire within Joe Hood's coaching family and the excitement would definitily come with it. Just like you, I was surprised that the last hire wasn't kept within the family. I do disagree with what FF4CH stated with the support not been there, though. I think attendance is being confused with overall support. I still think Central is a well supported program but attendance has dropped because excitement has dropped. More than anything else Central needs to get back some passion. Steve would bring that to every part of the program.
-
Warren Central's Coach Resigns
You will get no argument from me that WC needs to upgrade their facilities!! We have to get working on that. But, I still say that WC is ahead of both WE and GHS as a program.
-
Warren Central's Coach Resigns
Blockbuster, you make some decent arguments, but there is no way that Greenwood and East have surpassed Central as a PROGRAM. They have caught up in many ways, but Central has been down the past couple of seasons just like your BG team was in 2002. I must agree with DragonFire that the job is desirable because of the 'potential' that exists in the hallways. It may take a little while to get it back going at a level to compete with BG. But, the possibility for WC to get back to that level exists and is always what has scared the BG faithful. I have never heard anyone from BGHS shutter at the thought of Greenwood or WE football. Even on your down years (as in 2002) they couldn't beat you. But, WC, on the other hand. That is a different story.
-
Warren Central's Coach Resigns
Heard about this after lunch. Best of luck to Coach Cox.
-
Warren Central 85 Elizabethtown 72
How deep did E'town go off the bench?
-
6A: Trinity Shamrocks (13-1) vs. Simon Kenton Pioneers (10-4) Predictions
Trinity will score 50 plus. Simon Kenton won't score near that much. Shamrocks will win big.
-
Fort Campbell 34 Monroe County 18
Good showing by Monroe as they hung close most of the way. Congrats to Fort Campbell on another well deserved trip to Louisville.
-
Congrats Christian County Colonels!!!
Big Congrats to CC. Great season and keep it going for one more week.
-
You write the funny caption #3
#12--"you guys get it, I'm going to pretend to take a picture of the crowd"
-
You write the funny caption:
"you put the football in, you take the football out, you put the football in, and you shake it all about"
-
Owensboro vs Christian Co. Predictions
Christian Co wins 33-28
-
Dupont Manual vs St.Xavier
St X wins 49-3
-
Sheldon Clark vs. Belfry prediction
Belfry 42-6