Warren Central's Coach Resigns

DragonFire

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't Cox a guy that had retired in Tennessee and was double-dipping at Warren Central? If so, he's gotten his five years in and can start drawing another retirement check.

At one time, he also worked for an NFL team (the Raiders, maybe?) as a scout. Don't know if he still does.

What is appealing about it? In the same district as Bowling Green and same region as Christian, Owensboro, and Hopkinsville.

They may have had trouble competing with Bowling Green lately, but there is absolutely not reason they can't compete with Christian County, Owensboro, and Hoptown. Do you really believe that Central is not a desirable job compared to many others around?

They may have had trouble competing with Bowling Green lately, but there is absolutely not reason they can't compete with Christian County, Owensboro, and Hoptown. Do you really believe that Central is not a desirable job compared to many others around?

Amen. There is no reason to believe Warren Central can't annually compete with Christian, Owensboro and Hoptown. It hasn't been that long since Warren Central was the marquee name in town, not Bowling Green High.

What is appealing about it? In the same district as Bowling Green and same region as Christian, Owensboro, and Hopkinsville.

It was just 4 or 5 years ago Warren Central gave St. X all they wanted at Lt Smith Stadium in the 4A semi-finals. I believe Brock Whitney fumbled it on the 1 yard line about to go in for the lead and pretty much the game. They've definitely had the talent over on that side of BG... I would imagine they'd be back in the scramble soon.

Warren Central can certainly be competitive with any of the schools mentioned on this thread. And, I include BG in that. With that being said, I think that WC has been a marquee name in town, but BG was at those times, too. The only time period that you could make an argument that WC got the best of BG for an extended period was from the late 1980's through the early 90's (1993). However, BG was very good at this time, also.

Hopefully, those times will come again and will come very soon.

Word is right now that South Warren will take very little from WC, so I don't know if they would drop to 4A or not. Of course, that word changes from week to week and depending on who you talk to. I'm not sure anyone knows right now. But, I think it would be safe to assume that Greenwood would drop to 5A after South Warren opens. That could possible put Greenwood in the same district with WC and BG. That will be interesting because Gwood is not playing BG the next 2 seasons.