Warren Central's Coach Resigns

DragonFire

I've heard that before myself. I could be wrong, but I've heard from very reliable sources that the head coaching stipends for all three Warren County schools is around the 8K range, which isn't much at all in the first place, let a lone for how large those schools all are.

It's lower than that.Get on their web site and you can probably find it.All 3 head coaches make the same salary.Alot of asst coaches salaries are higher at other schools.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking as an outsider, there is no reason for Warren Central to limit themselves from hiring a coach from the family tree. You open it up and see who is interested, and you just might be pleasantly surprised.

In no way will or should WC limit themselves in the search. That was not implied by anyone here. I simply said that a lot of people here would like to see a hire made to get back to the connections with Hood and Wood. And other WC supporters made the same statement on here so that feeling is out there. There are many coaches who I probably think would be good selections. Griff at BG has been mentioned and I think he would be a good selection. But, I am biased toward Steve because I played on the same teams as he did and I think he would be the best for WC over the long haul. But, limiting the search would be nonsense and something that WC would not do.

It's lower than that.Get on their web site and you can probably find it.All 3 head coaches make the same salary.Alot of asst coaches salaries are higher at other schools.

The way I understand the coaching pay is that it is similar to teachers pay in that the more time you are there the more you make. I don't think that all 3 head coaches in the county make the same amount because some have been coaching longer than others. But they are probably all on the same paying scale. What the numbers are though, I have no idea.

In no way will or should WC limit themselves in the search. That was not implied by anyone here. I simply said that a lot of people here would like to see a hire made to get back to the connections with Hood and Wood. And other WC supporters made the same statement on here so that feeling is out there. There are many coaches who I probably think would be good selections. Griff at BG has been mentioned and I think he would be a good selection. But, I am biased toward Steve because I played on the same teams as he did and I think he would be the best for WC over the long haul. But, limiting the search would be nonsense and something that WC would not do.

I agree with everything mentioned in this post. I didn't play with Steve but he is from my time period and I have met and like and respect him and I would like to see the Warren Central program restored to its old competitive and winning ways.

Speaking as an outsider, there is no reason for Warren Central to limit themselves from hiring a coach from the family tree. You open it up and see who is interested, and you just might be pleasantly surprised.

Some advice Paducah Tilghman should have taken, huh West.

I agree with everything mentioned in this post. I didn't play with Steve but he is from my time period and I have met and like and respect him and I would like to see the Warren Central program restored to its old competitive and winning ways.

Is Boyle playing Warren Central again in them and BG's bowl game?

Guest bgrocks
Is Boyle playing Warren Central again in them and BG's bowl game?

No....I believe WC is playing Pulaski SW and BG is playing Christian County in the 2009 Rafferty's Bowl.

Unforunately I have to agree. I really don't know how that will all play out though.

I once heard that the pay scale for head coaches in the county wasn't all that great, compared to what it should be anyway? 7 or 8K a year seem to be in the right ballpark?