Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

StraightShooter

Standard Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by StraightShooter

  1. It is so hard to beat the Steelers at their place on Monday night. Not what I expected. The Texans defense is so terrific they weathered the storm of 3 really bad turnovers.
  2. I'm happy for Rick and for the kids at Campbell County. He had to make that jump from GC even though I'm sure he hated to leave after just one year. Congrats Coach Honaker!
  3. Well deserved award. His closing speed and instincts at linebacker are elite. It was so enjoyable to watch him battle for 4 years. It was a shame he could not go the last 6 quarters of the year due to an ankle injury. He has a chance to play at IU as a true freshman, but a redshirt season seems more likely to give him that extra year to develop.
  4. SW will have trouble running the ball against the Rocks, so they will have to pass successfully and consistently to move the chains. The way the Rocks are executing in all phases of the game, SW needs inclement weather to keep the outcome in question into the second half. A running clock is more likely than a close game. Best wishes to both teams.
  5. I agree with you, U97. Jacob is the best player in KY this year. His ability to read plays and closing speed on tackles was superb, and he played both ways with excellence. The only time he missed was the last 6 quarters of his senior year. The void in run-stuffing was obvious. He turned Ryle into a formidable opponent.
  6. What a privilege to watch Jacob play the last 4 seasons! Excellent student, high character young man, stud linebacker and running back. It was hard to watch your last game from the sideline, knowing that you and Kai Workman would have stuffed a lot of run plays. Thanks for playing with determination and class. You set the standard for greatness at Ryle on and off the field. Great job and best wishes at IU!
  7. What a comeback and ending. Beechwood showed why they are champions so often. Congrats to OCath on the hard fought win!
  8. Congrats to SW. Ryle continued to battle. They could not stop the run without 2 starting linebackers. I'm proud of what Ryle accomplished in a season filled with injuries to key players.
  9. If this is true, it's gonna be tough against an excellent team like SW. The others will battle like crazy. I'm proud of how they have faced adversity all year long.
  10. 100% agree. Dameyn made a number of tough runs including the kickoff return to give the Raiders good field position after FD went up 20-14 with 3:15 to play.
  11. X must win the turnover battle to pull the upset. I expect a 48- minute battle.
  12. The playing status of 3 key players for Ryle will be huge in this game: Jacob Savage, Kai Workman, and Evan Kincaid. Kincaid leads the state in picks, Kai Workman is an excellent linebacker, and Savage is one of the top players in KY. If all 3 can play, I see a coin toss type of game. If they are out or limited, it's going to be tough to beat an excellent SW team at their place.
  13. Agreed on all points. I forgot that both Kai and Jacob were out most or all of the second half. With 2 great run stopping LB's, we could not stop Talbert after intermission. I saw Nate Verax on D in the second half and didn't realize Evan got hurt, too. Rough year on injuries to key players, but the Raiders keep battling. I hope they can all participate next week vs an excellent South Warren team.
  14. After a shaky 1Q, Nate Verax played a great game and shined at crunch time. Great in-game adjustments and kudos to Nate!
  15. Congrats to St X on the win. Male sure kicked it into playoff mode the last few weeks. Good coaching drives that type of turnaround.
  16. Props to NLTanker 1 for nailing the score!
  17. I want a refund on my TP94 rating service subscription. He had FD winning by one - lol!!!
  18. That young man is a great running back.
  19. Jacob has been battling an ankle injury for a number of weeks. If he is able to play next week, I'm thinking he needs to play only on defense. Dameyn Anness played well at running back. Jacob is no where near 100%.
  20. Congrats to Ryle and both teams gave their all. What a great high school football game to watch thanks to Glicod!!! Mr. Talbert is a fantastic running back. Once Jacob Savage went down, Dakari went wild in the second half. Great call by Coach Engler to go for 2 and the win after having a FG blocked and extra point missed. I feel for the Broncos - it's easier to lose 28-0 than 28-27 on the last play of the game. FD should continue to be proud of their program. I'm equally proud of the Raiders to keep battling back after losing their best player. They could have folded many times.
  21. Ball security will be huge with two evenly matched teams battling it out. I'm grateful for the Glicod broadcast.
  22. I'm expecting a hard-fought battle and close game at The Farm. The Raiders need to clean up the handful of miscues/unforced errors committed vs. the Bruins. It's hard to beat a good team like FD on the road if you are "in the Christmas spirit".
  23. Congrats to the Raiders. They play really tough as a team on defense and fly to the ball. Hopefully, they clean up a handful of miscues that will cost them a game from here on out.
  24. What a great ball game between 2 tough teams! Congrats to the Blue Colonels. I'm sure JC felt they would win at home and just fell a little short.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.