Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2025 NKY Regular Season Top 10

Featured Replies

1. Highlands 

2. Ryle

3. Covington Catholic

4. Beechwood

5. Randall K. Cooper

6. Lloyd Memorial

7. Simon Kenton

8. Dixie Heights

9. Newport Central Catholic 

10. Covington Holy Cross

 

Berate this as you wish as teams will undoubtedly and deservedly feel disrespected. Definitely some debating that needs to be done.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • themongrelcat
    themongrelcat

    Shoutout to Ludlow's Dameyn Anness. We love him in Union but are aware of his deep roots in Ludlow. Without him, Ryle would have been sent packing. He's a great kid all of NKY should be rooting for!

  • @kyag is a Conner dude. Likes futbol; might weigh in on football.

  • Despite the results, I'd go: 1. Ryle - If Verax threw it better, I think they might get by X and T and win 6A. Really good team.  2. Highlands- With Brody Cook back, I think they're better t

Posted Images

I would like to see Lloyd and Simon Kenton play to determine the 6/7 slots. 

  • Author

I'll knock on myself first with putting Beechwood at 4 over Cooper at 5. Cooper is probably tied with Highlands for the biggest win of the year over Ryle. I just couldn't get myself to put Cooper over Beechwood and I don't know why.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would like to see Lloyd and Simon Kenton play to determine the 6/7 slots. 

Mr. Guru with the 6/7 drop. What's the world coming too.

But yes I think that would be an entertaining game.

  • Author
1 minute ago, theguru said:

I would like to see Lloyd and Simon Kenton play to determine the 6/7 slots. 

I would love to see Beechwood and Cooper at the 4/5.

1 hour ago, Honey Badger said:

I'll knock on myself first with putting Beechwood at 4 over Cooper at 5. Cooper is probably tied with Highlands for the biggest win of the year over Ryle. I just couldn't get myself to put Cooper over Beechwood and I don't know why.

Having seen these two up close and personal, I am in agreement with how you have them rated. I am also in agreement that Coopers win over Ryle was a massive one for them this season which should give you a moment of pause but I do believe in that contest Ryle had a few key players out. 

4 hours ago, theguru said:

I would like to see Lloyd and Simon Kenton play to determine the 6/7 slots. 

SK would beat them.

  • Author
1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

SK would beat them.

I dunno bout that one.

1. Highlands

2. Covcath

3. Cooper

4. Ryle

5. Beechwood

6. Lloyd

7. Simon Kenton

8. Dixie

9. NCC

10. Holy Cross

  • Author
15 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

1. Highlands

2. Covcath

3. Cooper

4. Ryle

5. Beechwood

6. Lloyd

7. Simon Kenton

8. Dixie

9. NCC

10. Holy Cross

I can't argue with that. I would love to say Ryle's head to head win over Cov Cath surely gives them a higher ranking but I myself put Cooper lower than Ryle after Cooper beat them, so I can't live or die by the head to head match up analysis. 

But I still feel Ryle is #2. I just think Cooper had their best Friday night of the year that night and with the extra motivation of it being the Union Bowl they were extra jacked up and caught Ryle slipping.

Ryle really looked more dominant at the line of scrimmage in their head to head with Cov Cath and Cov Cath didn't seem like it had the tools to be able to expose Ryle's secondary. 

I think Ryle would beat Cooper if they played again this year and have the same result with Cov Cath.

I think Beechwood has more offensive fire power than Cooper was my biggest factor in that one.

  • Author
1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

SK would beat them.

Next year without Kaleb Evans would be their best chance seeing as I don't think there is anyone on Lloyd's roster capable of filling Evans shoes and keeping it clicking the way he has. But even with that being said, there is a good chance Lloyd is even better at the skill positions next year and they bring back like 89% of the kids who are playing in the box on offense and defense for them right now.

  • Author

I think Dixie would actually have a better chance at popping Lloyd's bubble this year over SK just due to Fields capabilities as a passer even though SK put a good one on Dixie this year. Not saying Dixie is better than Lloyd or SK but Dixie is better set up to expose a shaky secondary than SK and I don't see SK being able to run the ball on Lloyd.

52 minutes ago, Honey Badger said:

Next year without Kaleb Evans would be their best chance seeing as I don't think there is anyone on Lloyd's roster capable of filling Evans shoes and keeping it clicking the way he has. But even with that being said, there is a good chance Lloyd is even better at the skill positions next year and they bring back like 89% of the kids who are playing in the box on offense and defense for them right now.

Lloyd hasn't played SK in a long time.

  • Author
4 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Lloyd hasn't played SK in a long time.

Pretty sure it was ugly then too. In SK's favor. Times have changed though.

  • Author
11 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Lloyd hasn't played SK in a long time.

All time series from what I see is 2-2 from 2003-2006. SK mollywhopped Lloyd the last 2.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.