Everything posted by msdjsim
-
Owensboro/Highlands: 4A State Championship Game
thank you !
-
Owensboro/Highlands: 4A State Championship Game
what is the link to view the webcast ?
-
Highlands vs. Collins Predictions (2013 Class 4A State Championship)
IGNORE HIM !!!
-
DeSales/Newport Central Catholic Updates
Is the game available for viewing on line ?
-
Prayers Needed
God Bless him... Prayers from Fort Thomas
-
Was tonight a moral victory for CovCath?
Now you are stirring the "POT" Dale is a great guy and a great coach(BEST IMO)...but... There are so many other factors making HHS what it is today. I believe we can all agree HHS won many titles and competed for others BD(Before Dale).
-
Is there broadcast info available for championship games?
:( i'm so sad the games are not on live video broadcast. I so looked forward to watching...now so disappointed
-
Highlands 61 Lexington Catholic 28
IMO the O line is the MVP this year for the Birds. Yes the backs and QB have done great jobs but I felt the O Line has been the key for the success of the HHS team this year. Since 'we' have not had the dominating type of defense sometimes seen at Highlands.
-
Class 4A Final Analysis
Does Lex Cath bring back a lot more than their D1 QB? If they do have a lot returning besides him they could be the big test/huddle for HHS next year. Maybe even the preseason favorite. Is Cov Cath returning much ?
-
Highlands/Lexington Catholic Prediction Thread
I can't make the game.....does anyone know if the game will be webcast ?
-
KHSAA Where are you?!!!!
- KHSAA Where are you?!!!!
HHS dominates by developing their own athletes thru the Junior Football league esptablished in 1950s/60s, HHS tradition, and Mueller's/Weinrick's/Turner's dedication. Trinity has a great facility and support system that draws kids from all over the Louisville area and southwest Indiana not a town of 25000 which also supplies a high percentage of the athletes for Newport Catholic. Trinity offers 'inner city' scholarships. Check the Zip Code of their players. I haven't seen that data but would find that information enlightening. I may change my opinion then. The best team in Ky is Trinity, but the best program(by far) is the Highlands program year in year out. Developes the most with less. One fifth the class size of Trinity and it is a public school. So, model football programs after the Fort Thomas/Highlands system and these games and playoffs will get better.- Highlands 49 Covington Catholic 14
Ok....I'm still trying to figure out who showed up instead of the CCH team that played HHS last time? OR....was that a 'new' HHS team?- Lexington Catholic 10 Boyle County 7
where does Lex Cath play next week? Lexington or Fort Thomas ?- Should Highlands Bring the Cannon Back as a Statue
BRING IT BACK !!!- Does CovCath have the "right" kind of team to beat Highlands?
"Oh me, Oh MY"!! We are desparate and "pulling for straws"! What are we going to do to stop CCH!!!??? Oh yeah......WIN ! Go Birds- Quit Ruining Game Threads With "Bad Fan" Whining
that made me laugh out loud !- Does CovCath have the "right" kind of team to beat Highlands?
I do NOT agree that without turnovers HHS wins by 4 TD's last time. That was a battle and this will be a great game. I believe Cov Cath runs the ball better than JC and has the passing game to compliment the run. If HHS plays with the intensity called for in this type of game they win, but they must be ready to play. CCH is tough and appears to be improving as the year progresses. GO BIRDS!- Highlands 67 Johnson Central 20
Ok...sorry about the Moses thing. BUT....someone used the linebacker term in earlier reply so I continued. I used the "Ho Chi Minh" phrase because it looked like Ho Chi Minh's. Hey he wears it! I was trying to be less confrontation in using the "big oral cavity" comment but of course he did shoot off his mouth intimidating other fans until directly "challenged" by HHS fans. Bottom line....the JC fans did make things entertaining in the stands last night when the game got boring. The JC fan started the whole problem. Bullies usually shut up quickly when confronted.- Highlands 67 Johnson Central 20
I had a great view of the reason the police were called into the stands as did the HHS linebacker mentioned. At the start of the game some JC, looking like Moses, was verbally intimidating HHS people. The police let him know that sportsmanship is expected at DCM. Later, the same guy with a "big oral cavity" was not happy a HHS fan was cheering behind him on what he insisted was JC property. JC fan stood up, stepped toward HHS/linebacker, and that put JC one step from getting his Ho Chi Minh beard knocked off. I saw that look!! The police did the right thing by sitting behind the JC "fan". But, I'm certain the JC fan quieted down because the police were there and because he saw "that look" from the ex-HHS linebacker and his life flashed before his eyes! It is sad though, since i'm sure most JC fans are great people and fans, but EACH time I have sit in the stands during these JC/HHS games the same verbal crap flows out of just a few socially challenged JC people. These few might be able to bully people back home but the real men of JC should put a stop to this and let's just watch what has become a yearly meeting between two great football programs. Let's pray all the injured players, both teams, recover soon and completely.- Highlands 67 Johnson Central 20
Was that the Freshman HHS defense in on the last JC score?- Highlands 67 Johnson Central 20
yeah...guys with Yellow Flags "gained" more yardage than JJ- Question for Highlands fans?
I agree Gray and Elliot much better, especially Elliot- Question for Highlands fans?
zero to 10 scale for running backs.... '6' quick, some moves, not much size or power. He would be an average HHS back.- KHSAA... Is anyone home? First round playoff football is a joke.
IMO. At least give the first seed a bye and let 2 and 3 play the first week. It is the #4 Vs #1 seed that is silly... 98% of the time. - KHSAA Where are you?!!!!