Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does CovCath have the "right" kind of team to beat Highlands?

Featured Replies

Big and strong up front, can run the ball, and can pass when they need to?

 

Thoughts?

 

Was the first game a fluke or is this game a tossup?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it was a fluke; I look for a similar result for whoever wins. Their game earlier in the season was the best one I have seen so far.

As far as strategy, I would say yes. The way to beat Highlands is their offense needs to be kept off the field with a strong running game and a good enough passing game to make plays. Grind the clock. I still think even at that Cov Cath needs to get some turnovers.

The first game was not a fluke. It was an example of the kind of battles this rivalry once produced, which appear to be returning to their former glory.

The Birds will have to win the turnover battle and stop Gray from gaining positive yards on 1st down.

HHS' offense will need to be stopped in order for CCH to win. With that being said, CCH will have to create turnovers. From listening to the regular season game, HHS' turnovers kept the game much closer than it otherwise would have been. Hold onto the ball, fellas!!!

 

It should be a great game.

If not for a few uncharacteristic turnovers in the last game, HHS could have easily won by 4 TD's. That being said, I think HHS underestimated CCH's offensive fire power. Some adjustments will be made on D and HHS will be much better equiped to handle Gabe Gray this week, IMO. Highlands D got noticeably better as the season went on I thought. I think this could be a very close game for the first half with HHS scoring some late TD's to pull away towards the end. Weinrich is very good at making adjustments, especially if given a half a season to think about it, and the Birds will be better prepared to stop the run this time.

If not for a few uncharacteristic turnovers in the last game, HHS could have easily won by 4 TD's. That being said, I think HHS underestimated CCH's offensive fire power. Some adjustments will be made on D and HHS will be much better equiped to handle Gabe Gray this week, IMO. Highlands D got noticeably better as the season went on I thought. I think this could be a very close game for the first half with HHS scoring some late TD's to pull away towards the end. Weinrich is very good at making adjustments, especially if given a half a season to think about it, and the Birds will be better prepared to stop the run this time.

 

Nice analysis. Pretty spot on i'd say.

If not for a few uncharacteristic turnovers in the last game, HHS could have easily won by 4 TD's. That being said, I think HHS underestimated CCH's offensive fire power. Some adjustments will be made on D and HHS will be much better equiped to handle Gabe Gray this week, IMO. Highlands D got noticeably better as the season went on I thought. I think this could be a very close game for the first half with HHS scoring some late TD's to pull away towards the end. Weinrich is very good at making adjustments, especially if given a half a season to think about it, and the Birds will be better prepared to stop the run this time.
4 touchdowns really? Whatever, the good news there is going to be a rematch and CCH can't wait to get this party started. Our defense has improved greatly! I realize nobody is going to stop the high powered offense of highlands but minimize quick scoring strikes. Highlands will have to pick their poison on what to stop (CCH run or pass). See you Friday night bluebirds!

I do NOT agree that without turnovers HHS wins by 4 TD's last time. That was a battle and this will be a great game. I believe Cov Cath runs the ball better than JC and has the passing game to compliment the run. If HHS plays with the intensity called for in this type of game they win, but they must be ready to play. CCH is tough and appears to be improving as the year progresses.

 

GO BIRDS!

If not for a few uncharacteristic turnovers in the last game, HHS could have easily won by 4 TD's. That being said, I think HHS underestimated CCH's offensive fire power. Some adjustments will be made on D and HHS will be much better equiped to handle Gabe Gray this week, IMO. Highlands D got noticeably better as the season went on I thought. I think this could be a very close game for the first half with HHS scoring some late TD's to pull away towards the end. Weinrich is very good at making adjustments, especially if given a half a season to think about it, and the Birds will be better prepared to stop the run this time.

 

All valid but let me play devil's advocate (I'm good at that).

 

CCH also left points on the board, right?

CCH got in a mismatch on the first long pass to Ozzie. I assume that wil not happen again.

Defense got better after CCH? How can you tell? Didn't Elder put up some points ?

 

Should be interesting.

^ In response to Clyde's post, HHS' defense did not actually give up many points to Elder. HHS' back-up QB McCoy fumbled the ball in the endzone for an Elder TD and at another point in the game there was a miscue on a HHS punt that gave Elder the ball inside the 5 yard line. Also, Elder's defense scored a safety.

 

Actually, in looking at the stats, HHS did not surrender a single TD to Elder's offense the entire second half of the game!

 

And one final note... I don't know anything about the status of Sheehan other than what is written on BGP, so I have know idea if he will play against CCH or not, but HHS has some guys with speed at the WR position besides #6.

^ In response to Clyde's post, HHS' defense did not actually give up many points to Elder. HHS' back-up QB McCoy fumbled the ball in the endzone for an Elder TD and at another point in the game there was a miscue on a HHS punt that gave Elder the ball inside the 5 yard line.

 

OK. So one game against a decent team and the defense is deemed better? Maybe they are. I just don't see how we can tell.

OK. So one game against a decent team and the defense is deemed better? Maybe they are. I just don't see how we can tell.

 

The intensity seems to be higher than earlier in the year. Now, what impact that makes???

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.