Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 4A Final Analysis

Featured Replies

 

Now that the season is over and I am in withdrawal until next season, what are your viewpoints on this past season in 4A? One issue I have is the unbalanced breakdown of the two sides of the bracket. Always strong side against the weak side. Is there any way to combat this without bankrupting schools with travel cost? Possible divisional realignment?

Best new rivalries? Etc.

  • Replies 36
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notwithstanding the East's current championship streak, ACS, Lone Oak and others can compete with many of the East's powers. Lone Oak took Boyle to the brink two years back in a game that could've gone either way.The exception now is Highlands. It is no longer a matter of can the West be competitive with the East, it's whether anyone can compete with Highlands.

Lex Cath, Ashland, and Cov Cath may argue that point. I am all Highlands but the minute you don't respect those great programs, you lose to one!

Notwithstanding the East's current championship streak, ACS, Lone Oak and others can compete with many of the East's powers. Lone Oak took Boyle to the brink two years back in a game that could've gone either way.The exception now is Highlands. It is no longer a matter of can the West be competitive with the East, it's whether anyone can compete with Highlands.

 

 

This is my line of thinking also.

Lex Cath, Ashland, and Cov Cath may argue that point. I am all Highlands but the minute you don't respect those great programs, you lose to one!

 

I don't think anyone from Highlands doesn't respect those programs but it is a reality in 4A for the next couple of years. It's a legitimate question to ask if there is any team that will be able to compete with Highlands for the next couple of years in 4A.

Lex Cath, Ashland, and Cov Cath may argue that point. I am all Highlands but the minute you don't respect those great programs, you lose to one!

 

I agree.

I don't think anyone from Highlands doesn't respect those programs but it is a reality in 4A for the next couple of years. It's a legitimate question to ask if there is any team that will be able to compete with Highlands for the next couple of years in 4A.

 

Does Highlands have a lot coming back from this years team?

 

It's interesting how most high school programs benefit a great deal from quality players in one year, then drop off some when those players graduate. The fact that Highlands bypasses the rebuilding process every year is something else.

Does Highlands have a lot coming back from this years team?

 

It's interesting how most high school programs benefit a great deal from quality players in one year, then drop off some when those players graduate. The fact that Highlands bypasses the rebuilding process every year is something else.

 

That is one of the things that separates Highlands from 99% of the state. Their program is to be envied, copied and emulated.

 

I saw next year's Highlands junior class absolutely demolish Boyle County as freshman...55-6 I believe was the score. I am not sure what Highlands loses from 2011 but based on what I have seen they shouldn't have any drop off at all. I expect them to maybe be even better as I hear next year's sophomore class is very talented as well. Granted the only senior I am aware of is Donovan McCoy but I am pretty certain that they will have a strong senior class in 2012. Strong enough at the very least anyways.

Does Lex Cath bring back a lot more than their D1 QB? If they do have a lot returning besides him they could be the big test/huddle for HHS next year. Maybe even the preseason favorite. Is Cov Cath returning much ?

Does Lex Cath bring back a lot more than their D1 QB? If they do have a lot returning besides him they could be the big test/huddle for HHS next year. Maybe even the preseason favorite. Is Cov Cath returning much ?

 

LexCath is returning quite a bit. I know they lose Adam Bush at receiver but they return two running backs, a stud receiver, most of their O-Line(if not all of it) and I believe a lot of their defense as well. They bring back a ton of experience. That being said the 4A title runs through Highlands. Bluegrasscard can answer this question better than I can. I expect LexCath to be markedly better next year.

Does Lex Cath bring back a lot more than their D1 QB? If they do have a lot returning besides him they could be the big test/huddle for HHS next year. Maybe even the preseason favorite. Is Cov Cath returning much ?

 

Cov Cath loses a lot IMO. The strength of their team was their offensive line and Gabe Gray and they all graduate. Perhaps their best defensive player was Reese and he graduates. They do have some studs returning - Bir at QB, Burchell at LB, Hemmer at D line and TE (although I could see Hemmer moving to tackle next year). They also have a stud sophomore in Sam Dressman who is going to be great player, probably at WR next year. So they have some very good players to build around but they have a lot of work to be as good as this year's team IMO, mainly in rebuilding their line.

I really believe HHS could be better next year. They have a lot of talent coming back. They will have a very good qb in McCoy and almost all of their skilled players.

It will be interesting to see what Highlands' defense looks like next year. I heard they lose something like 9 of their 11 starters to graduation, including the Bruns brothers, New and Bowden.

Every year since 2007 we've been told about how superior the east is to the west in 4A, yet we had three very competitive championship games from 2008-10 and it sounds like Franklin-Simpson played Highlands as well as anyone else did in the postseason.

I really believe HHS could be better next year. They have a lot of talent coming back. They will have a very good qb in McCoy and almost all of their skilled players.

 

It will be interesting to see what Highlands' defense looks like next year. I heard they lose something like 9 of their 11 starters to graduation, including the Bruns brothers, New and Bowden.

 

 

Interesting. This is a 4A Final Analysis thread. Should we start a 2012 4A Outlook thread?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.