Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Owensboro/Highlands: 4A State Championship Game

Who wins this matchup? 104 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As expected by many we have Highlands against Owensboro in the 4A state finals. Does Owensboro have another miraculous finish in them to end the season? Highlands seems to be playing their best football at the right time.

 

Will Highlands head to 5A with another 4A title?

 

Buy photos of your son from the game: Photos of your son or daughter, we will be at all 6 state final games taking pictures

  • Replies 114
  • Views 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where will Owensboro land next year after the realignment?

I'm taking Fort Thomas Highlands. I just hope it's competitive and close. Good luck to both teams!

Highlands is on a mission and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder as they have worked very hard to avenge the disappointment in Bowling Green just one short but long yr ago...

 

I know it will be business as usual for Highlands and they are looking to wreck anything in their path at the moment. Owensboro will certainly present some serious challenges for the Highlands camp but in the end the Birds will #winforthem:thumb:

OHS has a great offense, as does Highlands. Both teams have great athletes. I believe OHS can win with time consuming drives. Yes Highlands is favored but I'm keeping the faith. I believe these are the best two teams in 4a.

OHS has a great offense, as does Highlands. Both teams have great athletes. I believe OHS can win with time consuming drives. Yes Highlands is favored but I'm keeping the faith. I believe these are the best two teams in 4a.

 

And this is what a final is all about, the two best teams in 4A competing for a Championship, nothing more and nothing less...:thumb:

  • Author

I'd love for Boyle County to be playing next weekend but I do feel these are the two best teams in 4A. I think Highlands is playing great football on both sides of the ball right now. I hope this is a competitive game. I think Owensboro is very seasoned at this point.

Owensboro got away with TO's the last few weeks. In the North Oldham game they gave away an unforced fumble for a TD, lost a fumble trying to extend over the goal line. Without these 2 errors it's 28-7 late in the 4th. Point is they absolutely can't have ANY of this against Highlands or it will get out of Hand. Venneman is going the fastest guy on the field and Hoge is very athletic. Owensboro must win TO battle and sustain long drives to have a chance. Love playing the best program in the state though!

What does Owensboro like to do on offense?? All run, all pass, balanced??

What does Owensboro like to do on offense?? All run, all pass, balanced??

 

Last night OHS had 310 yards rushing and 102 passing with 60 of that on the final play. Big O-line triple option offense with several RB's although Lindsay didn't play last night

Coming into last night North Oldham was giving up about 55 yards rushing per game And OHS moved it at will. Halftime came too quick as OHS was driving and had to attempt a FG as time was winding down.

Last night OHS had 310 yards rushing and 102 passing with 60 of that on the final play. Big O-line triple option offense with several RB's although Lindsay didn't play last night

 

Thanks Brown...I look at this as good news for HHS as they are usually pretty good at stopping one dimensional teams. We will see in a week...

Highlands is on a mission and will be playing with a chip on their shoulder as they have worked very hard to avenge the disappointment in Bowling Green just one short but long yr ago...

 

I know it will be business as usual for Highlands and they are looking to wreck anything in their path at the moment. Owensboro will certainly present some serious challenges for the Highlands camp but in the end the Birds will #winforthem:thumb:

 

I agree with SB. Call it a mission, unfinished business or what you will. I also believe HHS has the best athlete on the field, Hoge, and a differnece maker he is. Go Birds!

1 vs 2, don't always get to see that. Going to be a classic!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.