Everything posted by Mr.Wildcat
-
Elliott County 89 West Carter 68
No, the team lost. I don't know why you chose not to answer the question. Wait a minute, yes I do. Young Mr. Rayburn is going to be a good ballplayer if he is any relation to Brandi . Congrats to Elliott on the win. Those Faulkner boys are really tough.
-
Raceland/LCA predictions
You don't have to look to try and find me. I'm here. I stand by my earlier post. LCA will win this game. Raceland still isn't ready to take it to the next level. In case I'm wrong I do hope she knows some new recipies for crow because I believe I've already tried them all.
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
You said " The audacity of some people who think Raceland can't beat LCA". Well I am some of those people. So yes, you were talking about me. I've never seen a group of people so uptight, and to think that the LCA game isn't even till next week. I hope for your sake that you live close to KDMC. :scared:
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
I'm not miserable at all. I'm very happy. I'm retired, and have enough of a nest egg saved up to enjoy life. You read way too much into stuff. I don't think Raceland will beat LCA. No more, no less. Ram was on here stating he was mad because Raceland doesn't get enough respect thru out the state. I gave him the reason why. I respect Raceland and what they have done. I stated that they have proven they are the best team in the Boyd/Greenup/ Carter Co. area, but to get that respect thru out the rest of the state they would have to advance further than the reg. final. I'm sure Coach Vanderhoof would agree. You obviously take things way too personally on here. Maybe you are the one who needs to take a step back, not take things so personally, and enjoy life.
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
And you obviously haven't been paying much attention if you think Ashland is my team. :sssh::walk::walk::walk:
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
I don't remember saying Ashland was done for the season, but that it was going to be another long year. I also was man enough to admit I was wrong after the Russell game. I will also admit I was wrong if Raceland beats LCA. I really don't know why you're using me as a source. I do believe this is a PREDICTION thread, not a factual truth of who is going to win thread. I'm sure I can go back, and dig up some post where you have been wrong. Will I also be able to find where you were man enough to admit you were wrong?
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
You can get mad as you want, and be as mad as you want at me, but respect has to be earned, not given. I believe Raceland is respected as being the top team in the Ashland/Boyd/ Greenup counties, but that's about it. If you want to have the respect of the rest of the state then they need to get past the regionals. Trust me, I'm rooting for Raceland, but they need to clear that next hurdle to earn the respect around the whole state that you are hungry for.
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
Comforting words? Do you really need to be comforted about a football game? If you do, then I'll run to Wal-Mart and buy you a security blanket for you to hold during the game. Hey, I would love to see Raceland win it all, but they need prove to me that they can take their program to the next level, and get past a regional final. Don't worry though, I'm sure all of the Ashland fans will be on here soon to post something that will be like being picked up, and patted on the back until you burp. :lol:
-
Raceland/Fairview pt 2
I hate to be so blunt, but does it really matter? Whoever wins this game will get beat next week by LCA. I know the Rams beat them earlier in the year, but I feel they got lucky. There's no way that Raceland can beat LCA twice in one year. LCA is the better team, and will prove it next week. The BGP pollsters had it right at the beginning of the year when they had LCA ranked #1. Well I guess that's enough about next week. There were be plenty of time to talk about it starting late Friday night. My thoughts on this week. Raceland 38 Fairview 21
-
Ashland Blazer at Ft Thomas Highlands predictions
How come you don't have the same love fest with Russell? I can sick of all the sloppy kisses between you guys as well. It's enough to make a grown man puke. Sorry about that. As far as my prediciton. Highlands 56 Ashland 6 Sorry Graybeard.:scared:
-
Panorama @ Paris
I agree that Rowan County should be the hands down favorite to win the region. I think Ashland is a distant second, but I think the coaching talents of Bill Bradley will help make up the difference.
-
Congratulations to Ashland's Evan Holbrook
Great accomplishment for Evan. I know from previous conversations that his dad is very proud of him, and rightfully so. :thumb:
-
Lawrence Co. vs Greenup 10/24
If you would have asked me three weeks ago I would have gone with Lawrence County, but after seeing how bad Rowan County laid the lumber to them, I really don't know. Lawrence County is a tough team to figure out. Greenup County has a fine QB in Craft, but they don't seem to have anybody that can catch the ball. I'll go with Lawrence County by 8. Lawrence County 28 Greenup Co. 20
-
Should Russell move to AAAA
Do you think it would be more beneficial to Russell if they were to play up, and move to AAAA? I for one think it would. I realize that Russell has been very successful in AAA, but I believe the district which they play in hurts them by not having good enough competition. Mason County is the only team in their district currently that will provide that competition. I realize that the local AAAA district isn't great at this time, but I believe it's an improvement to their current district. Can a moderator add a poll to this please. I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks.
-
Simon Kenton 40 Russell 20
This game reminded me a lot of the Ashland game. Rusell kept it close for a little over a half, but then they just wore out in the 2nd half, and Simon Kenton ran away with it. The Russell players were once again bening over at the waist in the 2nd half. This team simply isn't in shape, and they can't tackle very well at all. At least Coach Kidwell won't have to wait as long as Coach Dodd did the past few years to get all of his boys out for the team.
-
Ashland vs Bryan Station
Ashland just continues to pile up the rushing yards. I really don't know what happened after week one, but this team is winning like the Ashland teams of the past that I posted about after the Raceland loss, and that's by running the ball down their opponents throats. I hope the Tomcats can continue that this week. Going on the road is always tough, especially a long two hour trip against a quality opponent like Bryan Station. I see where Bryan Station is 3-4, but most of their losses seem to be within a touchdown or so. I think this will be Ashland's toughest test to date. I think Bryan Station needs this win more than Ashland, and playing at home will give them that little extra edge than they need. Bryan Station 34 Ashland 28
-
Russell 41 Lawrence 20
It's good to be able to get back on here. I have been unable to get to the BGP website the last few times I tried. I'm glad the boys got the win, but this Russell team just doesn't seem to play up to the level that we've come to expect from the Red Devils. I know we've been spoiled the last few years, but I know this team can play better than they've been showing. Hopefully they will pick up the intensity, and improve the next few weeks.
-
Ashland vs Woodford Co.
This is a tough game to pick. I'm going to pick Ashland (I really don't want to face the wrath of Mr. Graybeard again ). I have been told that Woodford County likes to pass pretty much every down and they run the spread offense, and their QB is really good. I have also been told that their defense isn't very good. . Ashland has definitely surprsied me since week one. Their offensive line seems to be getting better each week, and their defense is really good. So I think it will come down to Ashland's defense vs. Woodford Co.'s offense. The spread offense is tough to stop, but Ashland's defense has been tough to score on. The Tomcats have a pretty good pass rush, so this game should be a good one. Ashland 42 Woodford Co. 35
-
Ashland @ Montgomery Predictions
Hey I'm pretty sure I picked them to win against Raceland. I hope I don't jinx them. I always root for the local teams. I haven't decided if I'm going to go watch the Raceland game against the Lexington school this week or not. I heard that the Ashland game is going to be carried live on the internet. Does any know where or how I can watch that?
-
Ashland @ Montgomery Predictions
I don't know much about Montgomery County, so it's kind of hard for me to make a prediction. I do know that Ashland has improved a lot from week one, and if they cut down on their fumbling from last week will be tough to beat. I say Ashland by 13
-
Ashland 36 Russell 10
I guess I deserve that Mr. Graybeard. Like I said last night I will come on here and take my medicine. I honestly never meant to come across as arrogant, and if I did then I apoligzie for that. Even though I may be from Russell, I've always had great respect for the great Tomact history. I've seen some great Tomcat teams in my liftime, teams that could compete against anybody in the state. They always carried the torch for Eastern Kentucky football, and I guess that is why I was so critical. I would like nothing more, to see them return to that level. I'm sure you will admit though that Ashland has improved a whole lot since week one. As far as Ashland being small up front compared to Ashland teams of the past, I stand by that comment. Regardless they were dominate last night against my Devils. The way Ashland dominated last night by just lining up, and daring Russell to stop the run reminded me a lot of those former Ashland teams. Congratulations once again to the Tomcats.
-
Ashland 36 Russell 10
Well I guess I better come on here, and take my medicine like a man. This was definitely a different Ashland team than the one I saw in week one, and they forwarded me the opportunity to leave the game early, and beat the crowd. Ashland completely dominated all facets of the ballgame tonight. As much as I blamed Coach Hart after the Raceland game, I have to give him credit tonight. He has definitely brought along his team rather nicely. One thing, other than the score that I was disappointed in tonight, was how undisciplined this Russell team was. I haven't seen that from a Russell team in a long time. I better leave it at that, before I get myself into trouble. Congrats to the Tomcats on the win. Your season certainly seems a lot brighter than it did after week one, and Russell's certainly doesn't seem as bright as I thought it might be.
-
Ashland vs. Russell Prediction
This will be my 2nd visit to Putnam Stadium this year. The last time I came away very unimpressed by the Tomcats, and coach Leon Hart. They seem to have improved since week one, but I don't know if they've improved enough to beat Russell. Russell definitely has the advantage from a coaching standpoint, and I expect the Devils to come away with another victory. Russell by 10
-
Ashland/Ironton Predictions
From what I hear, this is Ironton's best team in a few years. I dont see Ashland matching up very well if that is true. Add to the fact that coach Lutz is 3 times the coach that Hart is, and it spells disaster for the Tomcats. Ironton 35 Ashland 7
-
Ashland 47 Pikeville 0
Congratulations to Ashland on the win. Perhaps the 1958 team inspired this years Tomcat squad. Was Pikeville that bad, or did Ashland improve that much from last week? Did Coach Hart heed my advice, and get the ball to the Bonner boy more this week? This is the way Ashland should handle all 1 A schools.