Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Panorama @ Paris

Featured Replies

Preseason basketball gets underway this Saturday at Paris High and I believe Paris Middle Schools. Any thoughts on matchups?

Edited by Mr.Viking
sp

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I know Rowan plays Nicholas. Haven't heard much about them...any thoughts/insights?

Here is the full schedule for discussion:

 

Paris Elementary School (1481 Main Street)

9:00 a.m. Deming vs. West Jessamine

11:30 a.m. Menifee Co. vs. Garrard Co.

2:00 p.m. Pendleton Co. vs. Lafayette

4:30 p.m. St. Patrick vs. Bellevue

 

Paris High School (308 W. 7th Street)

9:00 a.m. Clark Co. vs. Franklin Co.

11:30 a.m. Mason Co. vs. Henry Clay

2:00 p.m. Nicholas Co. vs. Rowan Co.

4:30 p.m. Paris vs. Louisville Doss

I'm eager to see Clark County, a supposedly tough 10th region opponent. Also curious to see Mason and Paris since both are rebuilding this year. Should be some great matchups. If you are a big fan of girls basketball this should be a good showcase.

Does anyone know the admission charge. If I remember right last year it was pretty steep.

The varsity scrimmages will consist of four 8-minute quarters, followed by a junior varsity scrimmage with four 6-minute quarters. Admission is $5. Children under five will be admitted free of charge.

The varsity scrimmages will consist of four 8-minute quarters, followed by a junior varsity scrimmage with four 6-minute quarters. Admission is $5. Children under five will be admitted free of charge.

 

That's a pretty good deal I think.

I dont have scores, but I think Franklin Co. beat Clark, Henry Clay beat Mason Co., and Rowan Co. beat Nicholas Co. Those are the games I watched.

Franklin County 71

Clark County 66

  • Author

Rowan beat Nicholas 101-37...starters played less than 2 quarters.

Not sure what the scores were. Henry Clay won 2 quarters and Mason won 2 quarters.

Rowan beat Nicholas 101-37...starters played less than 2 quarters.

Wow. Hard to imagine that Rowan isn't the hands down favorite in the 16th. I'd say they wear the bullseye.

 

I think Mr.Viking would agree

Mr.Viking

JV Player

 

Join Date: Aug 2008

Posts: 28

 

 

icon1.gif

I guess since Ashland, Russell, Raceland, and Elliott Co. all have 2 players in the top 10 (or should have according to some), they should probably be expected to win the regional championship?? And for what its worth, Jennifer Brockman was unguardable in the regional championship when she decided to go to the basket, and is probably the best on the ball defender in the 16th.

user_offline.gifinfraction.gif report.gif ip.gif progress.gif

I agree that Rowan County should be the hands down favorite to win the region. I think Ashland is a distant second, but I think the coaching talents of Bill Bradley will help make up the difference.

Congratulations to the winners. And I will agree that Rowan is the best that the 16th has to offer. No pressure.:lol:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.