Ashland vs Woodford Co.

Painter

Who You Got, in this District Game  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who You Got, in this District Game

This will be the Tomcats second district contest this season. Woodford Co is considered a co-favorite to take the district title along with Johnson Central.

The Tomcats need to be ready to insert their name into this discussion.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look for a big upset over the Yellow Jackets this week for Ashland. If they play the way they can and have been doing lately I look for a great battle. The Tomcat line needs to control the tempo of the game early and if they can do that then Congratulations to the Tomcats for a big upset over the number two team in the district! Good Luck to both teams!

I know nothing about Woodford County other than they come in at 4-2 with their 2 losses being blowouts at the hands of John Hardin and Johnson Central, both undefeated powerhouses. Translated, they are probably pretty good!

The only question I have in this game is how will Ashland meet the challenge? Ashland has been coming out fired up and steamrolling their opponents the past few weeks. They need to be prepared to keep their enthusiasm and effort high even when an opponent doesn't lay down. I don't think Woodford will lay down...so will the Tomcats fight through it? I go with what I hope happens and pick Ashland.

I'd like to see Ashland win this one and believe they will.

The Tomcats have played to near perfection in the last two games. I look for the same in this one.

Ashland and Woodford have one common opponent this season (Montgomery Co.) Ashland defeated Montgomery 48-27, Woodford defeated Montgomery 49-0.

It seems that Ashland's defense has improved drastically from game to game this season. I think that gets the Tomcats a win.

Ashland - 20

Woodford - 14

This should be a great game.

Good luck to both teams.

I'm almost as excited about this game as I am about the upcoming Raceland game. I think Ashland can win this game. They are coming off of three very good weeks of football and playing well. Since this is a Saturday game, me and "Little Ram" are going to be able to watch it. I am looking forward to it.

After watching Ashland last night I'll say the Tomcats 21-14 at home. Woodford has an explosive offense but I think Ashland's team speed will win out. 2 weeks ago I would have taken the Yellowjackets in this one, but not now, Ashland is really coming together and may finish 2nd in the district.

Ashland is playing very good team football and the coaching staff has them believing in what they want to accomplish. Woodford Co. will be a tough test but I think the Tomcats stay hungry and win this one.

Ashland 24

Woodford Co. 14

Ashland won't hold Woodford to 14, The QB is too good. He can by time with his feet and find the open man. Not sure who wins but you better score 30 if you want to win this one.

Sometimes a good offense is your best defense,Of course im sure everyone at Ashland knows the Tomcats must pound the ball with relentless methodological physicalityand keep Woodfords big play offense on the side line.(IMO)The Tomcats are hitting harder each game on both sides of ball.

TheYellowjackets are coming.Go Tomcats:thumb:

Sometimes a good offense is your best defense,Of course im sure everyone at Ashland knows the Tomcats must pound the ball with relentless methodological physicalityand keep Woodfords big play offense on the side line.(IMO)The Tomcats are hitting harder each game on both sides of ball...

I like your game plan Jericho51.