Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland vs Woodford Co.

Who You Got, in this District Game 69 members have voted

  1. 1. Who You Got, in this District Game

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

This is a tough game to pick. I'm going to pick Ashland (I really don't want to face the wrath of Mr. Graybeard again :D). I have been told that Woodford County likes to pass pretty much every down and they run the spread offense, and their QB is really good. I have also been told that their defense isn't very good. . Ashland has definitely surprsied me since week one. Their offensive line seems to be getting better each week, and their defense is really good. So I think it will come down to Ashland's defense vs. Woodford Co.'s offense. The spread offense is tough to stop, but Ashland's defense has been tough to score on. The Tomcats have a pretty good pass rush, so this game should be a good one.

 

Ashland 42

 

Woodford Co. 35

  • Replies 72
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like Bonner and Hardy will be vital in containing the Woodford attack. Hardy has been a little quiet lately, a big game from him will be the difference. I say Ashland 27 Woodford 21.

From what I understand, this game should come down to match ups. Can Woodford control the Ashland running game and can Ashland stop their quarterback. I don't know much more about WC, but I do know that Ashland is playing much better, week by week. Since this game is at Putnam, I am giving the push to the Tomcats. I am not solid on this pick, just hoping to support the local team to a victory.

This is a tough game to pick. I'm going to pick Ashland (I really don't want to face the wrath of Mr. Graybeard again :D). I have been told that Woodford County likes to pass pretty much every down and they run the spread offense, and their QB is really good. I have also been told that their defense isn't very good. . Ashland has definitely surprsied me since week one. Their offensive line seems to be getting better each week, and their defense is really good. So I think it will come down to Ashland's defense vs. Woodford Co.'s offense. The spread offense is tough to stop, but Ashland's defense has been tough to score on. The Tomcats have a pretty good pass rush, so this game should be a good one.

 

Ashland 42

 

Woodford Co. 35

 

 

I’m sure the Tomcats appreciate the support Mr. Wildcat. :thumb:

 

Woodford Co. is good and they have a very good QB. Ashland has a difficult task in trying to stop WC and they will need to play their best game of the season to do so. I hope the Tomcats have a good week of practice and stay focused on improvement.

  • Author

In looking at the overall records between Ashland and Woodford, both teams are relatively close statistically. Both are sporting 4 – 2 records with Woodford having one more district win at this point in the schedule (Ashland has only played one district game so far). The collective W/L records of teams these two have played are Ashland opponents having a 22 – 14 record and WC posting a 20 – 15 in the same category.

 

Offensively, Woodford averages 35 points an outing, Ashland has recorded an average of 31 points. Where we see some separation, however, is on the defensive side of the ball. Ashland is tied for 3rd overall in Class 5A with 2nd Ranked John Hardin yielding only 12 points per game whereas Woodford has allowed 27 points…this is where Ashland has an advantage. Both teams have played similar levels of competition which IMO gives some merit to these statistical standings. No surprise here…Defense and line play is where the Tomcats make their mark.

 

Playing this game in the friendly confines of Putnam Stadium gives a slight edge to the Tomcats but it cannot be overlooked that they will be facing a top 10 team in this event. I like Ashland’s chances but ONLY if they come out with the same type of intensity as they displayed against Boyd Co.

 

Woodford won last year 48 – 13 and that brought the overall composite record between these two to 1 – 1 – 0.

^ You are always on top of the statistical match ups! You are awesome. You know, we could use you over in Ram Nation........if you ever want to trade in that maroon!!!!!!:laugh: You and Graybeard are so much fun to post with. Good luck Friday!!!!!!!!!

  • Author
^ You are always on top of the statistical match ups! You are awesome. You know, we could use you over in Ram Nation........if you ever want to trade in that maroon!!!!!!:laugh: You and Graybeard are so much fun to post with. Good luck Friday!!!!!!!!!

 

I have way too much maroon in my wardrobe to change now doc, but thanks for the invitation.;) FWIW, I do have more than just a passing interest in the Ram Nation and with only one exception always pull for the Rams.

 

Also, I would be remiss if I didn’t give all the credit to Graybeard for my statistical reporting…he taught me everything I know in that area.

I will go with the Tomcats in a nail-biter, 28-24.

I dont see Ashland giving up more than 2 TD's this game

 

 

Ashland 28

WC 13

^ You are always on top of the statistical match ups! You are awesome. You know, we could use you over in Ram Nation........if you ever want to trade in that maroon!!!!!!:laugh: You and Graybeard are so much fun to post with. Good luck Friday!!!!!!!!!

 

 

Painter is good isn't he! :thumb: I like the Rams. My wife went to Raceland, so we always pull for them at my house (except when they play against us).

 

 

 

I would be remiss if I didn’t give all the credit to Graybeard for my statistical reporting…he taught me everything I know in that area.

 

 

Let me see now - that means you know what I know plus what you know.....hmmmm :D

I dont see Ashland giving up more than 2 TD's this game

 

 

Ashland 28

WC 13

 

 

You must not have seen much of Woodford's offense if you think they aren't going to score more than 2 touchdowns... Duckworth got injured in the John Hardin game, that's why they didnt score more. Now the offense is clicking, it should be a tough game for the yellowjackets, but their defense has to step up.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Author
You must not have seen much of Woodford's offense if you think they aren't going to score more than 2 touchdowns... Duckworth got injured in the John Hardin game, that's why they didnt score more. Now the offense is clicking, it should be a tough game for the yellowjackets, but their defense has to step up.

 

How much does Duckworth contribute to Wordford's offense and in what ways?

Look for Ashland to come away with the win, could have a let down due to the BC game umm:confused: never mind that they got coaching.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.