Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Ironton Predictions

Winner of Ironton / Ashland 74 members have voted

  1. 1. Winner of Ironton / Ashland

    • Ironton
      68%
      51
    • Ashland
      31%
      23

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Ashland's coming off a big win and now travels to the Tiger den. What is the concensus?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are the one so graciously starting the thread, why dont you give us your take on the Ashland vs Ironton game?

  • Author
Since you are the one so graciously starting the thread, why dont you give us your take on the Ashland vs Ironton game?

 

Ironton is back to the Ironton of old. They are much more physical than last year and their young talent has stepped up. After stating that, Ashland is playing much better this year, although a win over Pikeville is still an unknown variable. I have always said playing at Ironton, Russell and Ashland requires you to be atleast 2 touchdowns better than the home team......saying that I believe that Ironton has the advantage. I expect a great game, though.

Its notable to point out the this group of Ashland seniors defeated their Ironton counterparts during their respective freshman campaigns. These same players also witnessed a one point loss to the Tigers in '05.

 

The point is, this group of Tomcats knows from experience that Ironton can be beat. Lutz has Ironton clicking again and this will be a hard fought battle. Playing at Ironton, too, has its....how shall I say....challenges.

  • Author
Its notable to point out the this group of Ashland seniors defeated their Ironton counterparts during their respective freshman campaigns. These same players also witnessed a one point loss to the Tigers in '05.

 

The point is, this group of Tomcats knows from experience that Ironton can be beat. Lutz has Ironton clicking again and this will be a hard fought battle. Playing at Ironton, too, has its....how shall I say....challenges.

 

I have played there and , yes, there are "challenges". That is why I give the edge to Ironton.:walk:

As much as I am pulling for the Tomcats in this one with the game at Ironton I will have to take the Tigers. Ashland is comng off of a good win that should have give them confidence so as Lee Corso would say......."Ironton, but closer than the experts think."

Ironton 28-14.

Ironton 42-7

I wish you rookies would learn to check the box to make these polls public. :irked:

 

As much as I'd love to see Ashland win, I'll have to go with Ironton on this one.

I think Ashland will have a hard time stopping Irontons running game. I think this will be hard fought game by both teams. A real barn burner!

 

Ironton 16

Ashland 14

  • Author
I wish you rookies would learn to check the box to make these polls public. :irked:

 

As much as I'd love to see Ashland win, I'll have to go with Ironton on this one.

 

Sorry.......want to know how many Tomcat's are voting/polling for Ironton? I thought private polling would let fans vote with their gut and not out of fear of reprise.:rolleyes:

Edited by sidelinedoc
spelling

I wish you rookies would learn to check the box to make these polls public. :irked:

 

This poll has a striking resemblence to the Raceland vs. East Carter poll...not many are giving the Tomcats a snowball's chance. Granted, the deck is stacked against Ashland, but I can never bring myself to "vote" against them.

 

This is the time to step it up a notch...I look for the Tomcats to mature quickly and make a strong and focused effort against Ironton. Catch a break or two and who knows......stranger things have happened.

 

As I mentioned earlier, this group of Tomcats has tasted victory over Ironton. That is a claim which many former Ashland teams cannot make.

Ironton by 30+

 

This will get ugly fast. Ashland will be lucky to produce 100yds of offense against Ironton, unless they start subbing early in the second half.

This poll has a striking resemblence to the Raceland vs. East Carter poll...not many are giving the Tomcats a snowball's chance. Granted, the deck is stacked against Ashland, but I can never bring myself to "vote" against them.

 

This is the time to step it up a notch...I look for the Tomcats to mature quickly and make a strong and focused effort against Ironton. Catch a break or two and who knows......stranger things have happened.

 

As I mentioned earlier, this group of Tomcats has tasted victory over Ironton. That is a claim which many former Ashland teams cannot make.

 

:thumb:

 

Very few teams in our area can make this claim.

 

I'd love to see Ashland (or anyone for that matter) beat up on Ironton a little. I just don't see it happening. I've seen too many good teams travel across the river and get absolutely thumped by Ironton to believe otherwise.

 

Should be a good game. I think in the end, Ironton will be too physical for Ashland to handle.

 

Ironton 24

Ashland 13

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.