Painter

Who wins this one?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I heard last night if Ironton can catch a pass the game is a blow out.

Russell doesn't have that problem.

You are going to have to score 30+ to beat the Devils. I don't think the Tomcats can do that.

I will say this however, with Russell having very easy games so far this year, and the varsity team only playing past the first possession in the 3rd quarter in one game this year. IF Ashland can keep it close in the 4th quarter they can very easily come away with the win and take advantage of Russell's lack of conditioning at this point in the year.

Edited by footballf@n4life

From what I heard last night if Ironton can catch a pass the game is a blow out.

You are going to have to score 30+ to beat the Devils. I don't think the Tomcats can do that..

Are you saying Ironton has a poor receiving corps or does Ashland have a strong secondary? I guess since your comment about not having “that problem” is an opinion about a superior Russell group.

Ashland’s D is ahead of its O at this stage of the season…good, bad or indifferent, that’s the truth of the matter. Unless I’m mistaken, the Tomcats passed (pun intended) on all pre-season 7on7’s…its hard for me to know exactly where the Tomcat secondary fits in overall with the Defense…let’s hope the line makes it a moot point.

As for the 30+ points it will take to get a W, how did you come up with that?

I am pulling for Russell. Advantages for Ashland - at Home and they are hungry for a big win. Russell advatages - 3-0(not reaslly been challenged yet, although Boyd is very underated) and Russell knows how to win. The "D" will be the BIG factor in this game. Russell has 1 more very large advantage and that is Gary Morris. Remember Russell players, Defense wins games!!

I am pulling for Russell. Advantages for Ashland - at Home and they are hungry for a big win. Russell advatages - 3-0(not reaslly been challenged yet, although Boyd is very underated) and Russell knows how to win. The "D" will be the BIG factor in this game. Russell has 1 more very large advantage and that is Gary Morris. Remember Russell players, Defense wins games!!
Welcome to BGP sore loser and be sure to visit the New Member forum....thumb[1].gif

New Member forum

Read the "Everything a Rookie" thread and it will answer, any questions.

I'm still unsure about this Ashland team. If nothing else, this game will be a great measuring stick for us to see what type of team the tomcats truly have.

This will be a great game.

I'll take Russell in a close one.

Russell 28

Ashland 24

You are going to have to score 30+ to beat the Devils. I don't think the Tomcats can do that.

I will say this however, with Russell having very easy games so far this year, and the varsity team only playing past the first possession in the 3rd quarter in one game this year. IF Ashland can keep it close in the 4th quarter they can very easily come away with the win and take advantage of Russell's lack of conditioning at this point in the year.

I dont think it would of been a blow out be Ironton dropped 2 touchdown passes and it didnt have to do with Ashlands D either. Ironton should of won by 21.

I also agree that Russell is going to score alot of ponts and hopefully Ashland can do the same but the Ashland coaches have to put the players in a position to win....

Russell 35

Ashland 14

Are you saying Ironton has a poor receiving corps or does Ashland have a strong secondary? I guess since your comment about not having “that problem” is an opinion about a superior Russell group.

Ashland’s D is ahead of its O at this stage of the season…good, bad or indifferent, that’s the truth of the matter. Unless I’m mistaken, the Tomcats passed (pun intended) on all pre-season 7on7’s…its hard for me to know exactly where the Tomcat secondary fits in overall with the Defense…let’s hope the line makes it a moot point.

As for the 30+ points it will take to get a W, how did you come up with that?

I believe he came up with that because I dont think they have scored under 30 this year yet. It kind of makes since to me even though hes a Russell fan

From what you heard? I thought that you had posted that you were at the game to see what "Ashland had". Maybe you didn't "see" what they had. :lol:

Wow, since me and this Russell fan are friends I am going to answer his for him.. He was at the Russell game. Maybe you should read the other thread alittle closer before you try to make jokes...