Everything posted by Thomas Magnum
-
You write the funny caption #2:
Trooper: Grrrrrrrrrowwwllllllll White Hat: Grrrrrrrrrrowwwllllllllll Black Hat: Can't we all just be friends??!!!???
-
Coach of the Year Candidates (statewide)
Jim Black-Whitley County After going 2-8 and 2-9 his first two years, he has turned the program around and currently sits at 7-1 and his team has captured the district Champioinship. His offense is clicking and his defense has held opponents to 16 points a game, after giving up over 30 a game last year. One of the best turnarounds in the state.
-
You write the funny caption #3:
Rarely seen in his natural state.......the Ref with his eyes wide shut.
-
You write the funny caption:
Listen I may need some help getting out of here, do you know a back way out?
-
You write the funny caption:
The difference between Illegal Motion and a moving violation is WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!
-
You write the funny caption:
Hmmmm...and you say the offender was carrying a football, nope, did not see him!!!!
-
You write the funny caption:
Some of my best friends are Troopers......
-
You write the funny caption:
Wanna trade hats.......
-
You write the funny caption:
Can some one call Hearsay??????
-
You write the funny caption:
Listen I know I missed the call but to arrest me? At least I already have stripes on.....
-
Williamsburg 28 Lynn Camp 12
Congrats to Williamsburg on a District Title. As for all the other stuff it is just static at this point, the score is in the books and the Jackets won. Refs could call holding on every play, everyone would agree on that, but they never do, why? Well just like the sun coming up in the east, that is just the way it is. I heard Kirk Herbstreit say once "there are no bad calls just bad angles" I don't know if I agree with that but I know that there are some bad officials, not cheaters but just bad. Now WB/LC was a big game and should have had better officials assigned, so sounds to me like who ever assigns them let the fans, teams, and coaches down with a poor assignment.
-
Why don't Corbin and Whitley Co play?
When Whitley wanted to play Corbin didn't. When Corbin wanted to play Whitley didn't. Neither school like each other too much, and much like the Isriel and Egypt it will take and an outside influence like Jimmy Carter to bring them together. Corbin will always say Whitley is at fault and Whitley will always say Corbin is at fault, but fact is both are guilty. Side Bar: Corbin and Whitley were supposed to play last year in JV but Corbin cancelled due to the fact they did not have enough JV players. Maybe if they could get together on a Freshie or JV game the Varsity game would follow. BTW they do play at the middle school level with Corbin winning the 7th grade game this year and Whitley winning the 8th grade game this year. Bottom line: Let the kids settle it on the field....PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!
-
North Laurel vs GRC predictions
I am afraid that with the loss of the Perry game and the fact that they are not in the playoff hunt anymore, they may not give the effort it would take to win, so I am picking GRC
-
Corbin vs. Somerset
I expect the usual Corbin/Somerset hard hitting affair. I think that Corbin just has too many weapons for the Jumpers to stop all of them. Corbin will win but it will be a great game from a fans standpoint, unless of course you are a jumper fan.
-
Will Corbin Be Forced to Move Up A Class or Two?
I think playing up is fine, Highlands has no problem doing it. I think that the Bluebirds playing in 5A gives more credibility to 5A or at least recognition.
-
3 District Titles in Whitley Co.
AMEN!!!!:dancingpa
-
Will your team be affected by the weather?
I think that teams that are primarily ground attacks would benifit from wet weather. Teams that are more partial to throwing the ball would have a tougher time. I don't think that rain would stop passing but it makes it tougher to grip the ball, both throwing and catching, but recievers would have the benifit of knowing where they are going in their routes while defenders would have to adjust and making those quick adjustments is tougher on a wet field, but given the choice If I run the ball I like the rain better, than if I am throwing the ball. The bioggest losers if it rains Friday night, may be th fans, they won't come out and watch some good games in the rain, and if they do, they won't see some teams at their best due to rainey weather.
-
Lynn Camp/Williamsburg Predictions
IF it is the BIGGEST word in the dicitionary........example; If a frog had pockets it would carry a pistol and would not be scared of snakes. You can say if this or if that but the fact of the matter is what happened happened and all that is part of the game. When you don't make mistakes more often than not you win, when you make those types of mistakes you don't. Williamsburg for the most part has played alot of mistake free football and that in part is why they are winning.
-
Will Corbin Be Forced to Move Up A Class or Two?
It would seem to me that the KHSAA would have to answer some of the question being posed here; 1. Why are they using out-dated enrollment numbers to set the alignments? 2. Does this give certain schools a competitive advantage? 3. Can these alignments be changed if they were to use the most current enrollment numbers? Corbin can only play where they are put by the KHSAA and I don't think they deserve the grief for playing 2A. Although with the enrollment advantages that they have at this time (from the above posted numbers) then they should never use enrollment as an excuse for anything. Unless they are playing X or T then that is an excuse everyone gets to use.
-
Lynn Camp/Williamsburg Predictions
Actually that makes alot of sense. He is a part of the team, and just because he is not able to practice does not mean he cannot attend and support his team....I have alot of respect for teammate like that.
-
Leslie Co. vs. Corbin
This game is over before Corbin gets off the bus.
-
Lynn Camp/Whitley County Predictions
Could that be a hint that he is going to make an appearance on Friday night in Williamsburg?
-
Watts out at McCreary
I am glad to see the positive news after surgury. When a young man is injured seriously as Watts was, sports pales in comparision. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!!!!!!
-
Rodenberg back to CCH??? (Unsubstantiated Rumor - Member Suspended)
I almost did not open this thread for fear of being suspended on the grounds of guilt by association......LOL......I guess curiosity killed the cat but I figured I would be in good company since 29 people had been here first!!!!!
-
Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?
Williamsburg Schedule: District Games, Non District Corbin Middlesboro Pineville Whitley Harlan (Ind) Whitley: District Games Non District Corbin South Laurel Bell Rockcastle Middlesboro (three are already there) Corbin: District Games Non District Whitley Bell South Laurel Harlan County Rockcastle All of these games would provide great rivalries, entertaining games, and low travel costs for the schools and the fans. Certainly you could not have schedules like that every year, what with bowl games, and other considerations, but would it not be great to see from a fans standpoint. Upon reading, I did not mean to leave out Lynn Camp, they should also be on everyones schedule too, Dave Mitchell does a great job and has a competitive team every year.