Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thomas Magnum

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Thomas Magnum

  1. As far as the rest of the Colonels schedule, well Letcher is going to be good along with Clay, but outside the district Wofford will be a hand full.
  2. You know, I was amazed when I heard that stat......In the course of a game you never really pay attention to that, but it IS truely amazing that any team can go that long without a penalty, that will serve them well this year when they have 7 or 8 home games.;)
  3. Certainly a surprise, after seeing what Whitley did to Middlesboro. WOW makes Bell's victory over Whitley look even more impressive. Good thing the Jackets are not playing Bell County!!!!
  4. Congrats to Coach Larkey. I must say I was a bit surprised by this score, not so much that Harlan County won but by the margin. Lynn Camp whose numbers are always small will hit hard and play hard, and make a game of it when nobody gives them a chance. Good Luck to both teams the rest of the year.
  5. You are correct, Bell did not have a flag till early in the 4th quarter, Whiltey only had a few but not to have any? Come on...... But like I said earlier, the refs had no impact on the outcome. Good teams will and can overcome penalties.
  6. The Refs had nothing to do with the outcome, first and foremost!!!!! Whitley committed a hold on their first drive that put them in a first and 20, deep in Bell territory, and then they threw an interception which was returned into Whitley territory. BANG!!! Big turnaroud and the wind went out of the sails of the Colonels. Then it looked like the Colonels were a bit shell shocked. Make no mistake Bell is a seriously good football, and they can make little mistakes look big, Whitley will be fine, they just need to regroup and come back next week. Alot of good football teams have gone to Log Mt and lost. I think that Dudly Hilton is one of the best coaches in the State not just the Mountains. His teams line and just do the things that it takes to win football games. I am going to say this, Whitley won't be the last team to be beaten badly by this Bell team. Whitley will be fine they just need to understand that they have to be near perfect every game and they were not on Friday. Remember they smoked a Middlesboro team that smoked Dunbar. Whitley is a team that is still learning how to deal with success not matter how small, so don't jump ship yet! Good Luck to Bell County, I look for them to do great things this season.
  7. You are right this was a great game for a few years, I like that these two teams play, they are natural rivals and in the past it has been good clean rivalry. If Bell gets by Whitley I think it will be clear sailing for them. Knox Central and Rock would be the next big games for them. If Whitley were to somehow get by Bell, I think it could set them up for a surpising season record wise. If they lose I think they will still have a great season
  8. 52 points? :scared: That is a lot of points and LC is not your average single A school. They will hit you and play hard, I think HC is the favorite but there is no way they score 52 unless LC decides not to show up for the game.
  9. Ummmmm, Brad don't you mean DECEMBER? That is when you finish the playoffs in Louisville. :lol: You are right, this game will help both teams regardless of the outcome. I too think it will be a dog fight, but I think Bell has the upper hand.
  10. I don't think that anyone said you have. One thing to consider, LC generally had good success against Cumberland and Evarts, and when you add Cawood to the mix and make one team out of three the athletes add up. Simple math may make it hard for LC to compete. I hear that HC has somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 dressing, and yes only 11 can play at a time but when you have those types of number to choose from it makes it alot easier to get a bunch of athletes and "playmakers" on the field.
  11. Yes you are right but over all this is a venue that they most comfortable in, they are almost unbeatable in the Pigskin.
  12. When a small school playes a big school I can't help but to pull for the small school. The thing that worries me about the numbers game is that when you get tired your technique gets sloppey and when that happens it opens the door to injury. I think LC can play with HC but I think Lynn Camp will wear down late, if Lynn Camp can jump on them early they could hang on and win. Good Luck to both teams, play hard and play clean, and let the best team win, no excuses and no whining.
  13. Sleepers: Cunningham-Williamsburg Petite-Williamsburg Teague-Williamsburg Lebanion-Whitley Akins-Whitley Butcher-Whitley Chances are they won't get into the top ten but they are all players who are up and coming. Maybe one of the six can or one from each school, but it would take great season by them and their teams. I think the real question is not who is the top ten but who is the best, and to me it comes down to three players: 1. Madison Johnson 2. Josh Crawford 3. Cody Miller And the scarey thing is that two of them come from the same team.
  14. Whiltey scored 14 on Bell last year with a less than steller offense AND having to go 80 yards every time due to the leg of Merrick. Bell scored 38 last year with a less than steller defense playing for Whitley, the Colonels defense is improved this year, along with the offense. Remember it was 10-7 at the half last year. Whitley has improved both offensively and defensively, but will it be enough? The thing about both teams is that they will be well prepared, and in shape. They both played teams in the preseason that prepared them for the season. Special teams....Field Goals, punting and kicking, that very well could decide this game and if it comes down to that, Bell has the clear advantage. The Best thing about the whole deal (from a fan standpoint) is that it takes you back to the mid 90s to early 2000s when this was one of the top games in the mountains. Good luck to the Colonels and the Bobcats, play clean, play hard and let the best team win, no excuses, no whining. On a side note it would be nice to see Corbin, playing both of these teams. HEY maybe that could be a future bowl....Corbin, Middlesboro, Whitley, and Bell, and rotate the games every year, where they would all play over a 4 year period. I know Bell & Whitley would be for it
  15. Good Point and here we are talking about a VERY good 4A team and an improving 5A team. I think Bell wins but I just don't see the blow out like some people do.
  16. Although 5A should beat 4A, it does not always happen that way, especially when Dudly Hilton is involved. But the athletes will settle this one on the field. Both teams have nice speed and big kids, it really could come down to special teams. Monte Merrick is one of the best kickers in the state, last year he kept the Colonels backed up all night long. If Whitley can get moving offensively and take Merrick out of the game, they may have a chance. Don't sell the Colonels short this will be a good game regardless of the outcome.
  17. Bell is the heavy favorite in this game, they beat the Colonels last year at Colonel Stadium and this game is at Log Mt, which is a tough place to play. Whitley is improved, but so is Bell. I don't see 49 being put up on Whitley, the defense is much improved for Whiltey but I could see 35-38 but the Colonels could score about 27-30, this will be a good game.
  18. Congrats to Coach Parkey on picking up his first win as head coach, it is always tough following a legend like Tom Larkey. Getting that first win out of the way it big for him. I was not suprised by this score, Pulaski looked soft against the run against Whitley County, and did not show the speed that had been advertised. Pulaski better right the ship quickly or it could be a long season. Against the Colonels defense they could not muster anything.
  19. Corbin will win this game for one BIG reason, it is the Pigskin Classic. The Hounds do not lose this game, and certainly not against Knox Central. Corbin 35 Knox Central 20 But it won't be that close, Knox will score some late meaningless TDs.
  20. From what I saw, Whitley was using the fullback and having success, along with the QB keeping it on the optioin. Why use something and show it when you don't have to. I Think Whitley has THREE TO FIVE backs who can put up big numbers, but there is only one football. TO WIN IN A TEAM SPORT YOU HAVE TO HAVE A TEAM AND EVERYONE HAS TO BUY IN!!!!!!! As far as the game, Whitley just dominated from the get go, it was a shock to me to be honest I expected the offense but the defense just out hit and out hustled Middlesboro. Who had the BIGGEST hit? #2, #33, #42, #23, #60, #56, #27????? Those were all huge hard clean hits, when you have that many guys hitting hard, well, you have something buid on.
  21. Are you talking about the "Curse of Les"? or the "Curse of Jim"? Both could have DIRE consequenses.....................
  22. What do you base that on? Everything about it was a game, including the live kicking game, the only thing that made it not a game was that it was a scrimmage, it appeared both teams approached it that way. Whitley out hit, out ran, and generally out played Pulaski all night long, and it appeared during one time out, the Pulaski coach going to the huddle just threw up his hands in frustration. It might be a different game but I would still take Whitley. I would love to see these two teams play on a regular basis, it is an easy trip for both and could develop into a nice rivalry. I have alot of repect for what Coach Hines has done with that program in a county where there is lot of competion for the talant with Somerset and Southwestern. In any event, Good Luck to the Maroons the rest of the season.
  23. His stats could not have been overwhelming since PC only had about 200 yards total in three quarters. He probably had about 40 yards rushing and about 60 passing so he accounted for about half of the offense.
  24. This will be a great game. Williamsburg has some great players and their line could be the difference, if they can play better than their last scrimmage against Knox Central. If they can give Moses some time to throw they should be able to score, the real question is can Williamsburg contain the speed of Frankfort. Williamsburg has some nice athletes but I think that Frankfort will have a couple more than what Williamsburg can put on the field. I think that if Fankfort can get into the secondary of the Jackets they could really cause some problems, as the old saying goes.....Strength punishes but speed kills and I think Frankfort will have too much speed but it will be close Williamsburg 35 Frankfort 42 But with a break or two it could easily go the other way.
  25. Becuase the kid that played QB last year did not run that type of offense well, he was a throwing QB and if you are running the type of offense that Whitley is running now you need a big strong QB who can turn it up in the hole if need be.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.