Whitley County 27 Middlesboro 6

Whitley

:walk:This was no contest, Whitley Dominated! The DEFENSE was the Hardest Hitting Team that I have seen in a long time . Middlesboro had their 4th string QB in the game by the 4th guarter.The offense should have had about 48 points on the board, but had a few turnovers in the red zone. Congradulations Colonels to a GREAT START!

Well Whitley still doesn't go in the Mountain Top 5:D, but this is a very impressive result. Well done, Colonels.

I don't think Whitley had to run more than 3 plays to get the Win. I think they have so much talent that anything will work. I would hate to be the defensive coordinator trying to to stop them. WATCH OUT MOUNTAINS.

Is something wrong with #33 and #23' date=' neither player had many carries. #26 carried on just about every play.[/quote']

Maybe Powers is the best of the three. Perhaps the Mboro defense never stopped the FB and Coach Black wanted to keep on keeping on until they adjusted. #33 was the back Mboro seemed to be keying on all night. Several offsides and other penalties were a result of Mboro focused in on him. I am sure the others will get their fair share of yards and touches, until then ...be happy that you are 1-0 on the season.......it could be alot worse.

It is good to see the hard work paying off for Coach Black and his team. I have always said he is the best in the area given some time and a little talent.

Maybe Powers is the best of the three. Perhaps the Mboro defense never stopped the FB and Coach Black wanted to keep on keeping on until they adjusted. #33 was the back Mboro seemed to be keying on all night. Several offsides and other penalties were a result of Mboro focused in on him. I am sure the others will get their fair share of yards and touches, until then ...be happy that you are 1-0 on the season.......it could be alot worse.

It is good to see the hard work paying off for Coach Black and his team. I have always said he is the best in the area given some time and a little talent.

Powers is a good player. but not even close to the Jones Kid. MIddlesboro did key on #33 the whole game whithout making any adjustments.

I agree, if the Whitley fans, Parents, and players will buy into Coach Black's system and let him be they will be very happy with the results. If the old......why did I not get mine attitude arises then you are looking at an early exit in the playoffs....probably second round or so. Coach Black has a plan, others need to step away and let him do his job. For example, would you rather gain 200 yards and lose or gain 25 yards and win.....that is the question all the talented backs, etc at Whitley must answer. Twenty years from now will you be remember as a champion or as the leading rusher at Whitley County....who was the leading rusher in 1998? Only the Radio guys can tell, maybe Mike Campbell or the person himself. Team is bigger than the individual, I think #33 knows that.

Powers is a good player. but not even close to the Jones Kid. MIddlesboro did key on #33 the whole game whithout making any adjustments.

The Powers kid does not deserve that kind of cirtisism Jones isn't the best back in the world people are just mad because Powers has out done Jones and will continue to do so throught the entire season.

I agree, if the Whitley fans, Parents, and players will buy into Coach Black's system and let him be they will be very happy with the results. If the old......why did I not get mine attitude arises then you are looking at an early exit in the playoffs....probably second round or so. Coach Black has a plan, others need to step away and let him do his job. For example, would you rather gain 200 yards and lose or gain 25 yards and win.....that is the question all the talented backs, etc at Whitley must answer. Twenty years from now will you be remember as a champion or as the leading rusher at Whitley County....who was the leading rusher in 1998? Only the Radio guys can tell, maybe Mike Campbell or the person himself. Team is bigger than the individual, I think #33 knows that.

Very well said. :thumb: Too many schools in the state and nation have never been able to build successful programs because of the negative "me-first" mentalities you mentioned.