Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 13th Region Players 08/09

Featured Replies

:p:p1. Crawford

2. Miller

3. Johnson

4. Siedel

5. St. John

6. Strange

7. Green

8. Caldwell-Would be higher but I have to see him in action returning from injury-

9. Kid from Clay, I can;t remember his name sorry.

10. Smith

 

I'm sure I've left people off and I'm sorry. This is just a quick run through.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

  • Replies 55
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's real close to the way I'd rank them. Clay probably won't have anyone in the top 10 after losing Hobbs to graduation. Zachery from Bell is the other one I'd list. You could also make a good case for Mitchell at Lynn Camp and Antwan Brown of Middlesboro and Josh Smith of Corbin.

1. Miller-KC

2. Crawford-Corbin- if healthy

3. St. John-SL

4. Strange-Pineville

5. Johnson-Corbin

IMO this would be a solid starting five in the 13th.

6---10 it would be my guess several players could fit in here.

Corbin also has Blake Hendrickson (Sr) who will be more aggressive on offense this year to go along with his strong defensive and rebounding game. Look for him to get alot of minutes. Corbin has its best team in many years and are expecting to be in RUPP this March.

1.Crawford

2. Miller

3.St.John

4.Johnson

5.Strange

6.Seidell

7.Green

8.Zachary

9.Caldwell

10.Wilson

 

Sleeper:Watkins

Just my opinion but I believe Johnson is more of an asset than crawford. Both good but I like Johnson better.

  • Author

I knew I forgot someone, yes Zachary from Bell is definitely in the top ten after his district performance.

Edited by STRIKE3
comply w/Rule #13

Has the big boy at Bell improved any in the off season?

Just my opinion but I believe Johnson is more of an asset than crawford. Both good but I like Johnson better.

 

A lot of people will say that because of the great game Johnson had to open the regional tournament, but not many players in the state have as much experience as Crawford. I think he is the biggest asset because of his ability to lead.

Corbin also has Blake Hendrickson (Sr) who will be more aggressive on offense this year to go along with his strong defensive and rebounding game. Look for him to get alot of minutes. Corbin has its best team in many years and are expecting to be in RUPP this March.

 

I agree Hendrickson could be a huge plus this year for the Hounds, good size, a solid player, the games I watched he showed alot of potential just not alot of playing time last year. I would guess they were expecting to be there last year as well and the last four minutes of region final kept that from happening. Strange things happen in all sports, the best potential just doesn't always win.

True, who would have thought the Hounds could have won the region in 2005 after Cody Dixon went down with a broken foot. Sometimes the ball has to bounce your way. Good luck Hounds.

True, who would have thought the Hounds could have won the region in 2005 after Cody Dixon went down with a broken foot. Sometimes the ball has to bounce your way. Good luck Hounds.

 

I agree with you sometimes lady luck has to shine on a team, when you get to the region all the teams are usually very good and the bounce of the ball can change the outcome of a game in a heartbeat. Where is 13th region played this year?

I believe it is being held at Bell County unless something changes. It would be nice if it could be held at a large venue like the new Civic Center in Corbin once it is completed. 5000 seats, all chairs back, plenty of parking and no split sessions. The 15th region has reported nothing but happiness since it was moved to the Mountain Expo Center a few years back. Maybe something similar can take place in the 13th.

I believe it is being held at Bell County unless something changes. It would be nice if it could be held at a large venue like the new Civic Center in Corbin once it is completed. 5000 seats, all chairs back, plenty of parking and no split sessions. The 15th region has reported nothing but happiness since it was moved to the Mountain Expo Center a few years back. Maybe something similar can take place in the 13th.

 

I agree.:thumb:

I think the crowds would be better and all the region teams could get a share of the gate with more income regardless if your team makes the tournament or not. I think many schools would vote in favor of a neutral site like they have in the 15th. Plus the winner would get the feel of an arena type setting which would only help them in the Sweet 16. I for one would just appreciate being able to get a chairback seat and a place to park. I would attend every session if this were the case. As it stands now, I only fight the crowds to support my school of choice.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.