Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Corbin Be Forced to Move Up A Class or Two?

Featured Replies

Saw on another site that Corbin's enrollment is way higher than what 2A is supposed to be. Said they had a high 3A enrollment right now, and would have close to 1000 students by 2010. Anyone else hear this?

Edited by DOGS OF WAR

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What specifically are these enrollment numbers, you are speaking of. I'm not certain, but the KHSAA still has the 06-07 numbers posted and not the current year.

Maybe someone from Corbin has some info on this...But the way they are growing I can see them having to move up very soon...

The 09-10 alignments, have Corbin still in 2A.

If the student numbers are way like its been said; IMO they would have no choice but to move up a class or two.

Saw Corbin's enrollment is way higher than what 2A is supposed to be. Said they had a high 3A enrollment right now, and would have close to 1000 students by 2010. Anyone else hear this?

 

This would not surprise me at all, but you still need to back up your statement. Where did you see it, who said enrollment would be up, what is enrollment of their 7th-8th grades.

I heard Corbin's enrollment is over 700. Can someone from Cobin give us an idea what it is?

  • Author
This would not surprise me at all, but you still need to back up your statement. Where did you see it, who said enrollment would be up, what is enrollment of their 7th-8th grades.

 

 

I just read it on another site. I just put it on here to get clarification, because I know theres alot of Corbin supporters on this site. I was just trying to find out if it was accurate. I can see it, though. That place is BOOMING right now. I'm like you, though. I'd like to see the current enrollment numbers.

I just read it on another site. I just put it on here to get clarification, because I know theres alot of Corbin supporters on this site. I was just trying to find out if it was accurate. I can see it, though. That place is BOOMING right now. I'm like you, though. I'd like to see the current enrollment numbers.
Which is why, we don't reference other sites on BGP.

 

Here are the audited numbers, for 06-07.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/reports/20062007schoolenrollmenttotalsbyalpha.pdf

What class should a school be in at just over 700 students? I don't know the guidelines.

 

Also, a little off subject, but I didn't realize Bell Co. had fallen to 840 students. That was a bit of a surprise. I think its pretty neat actually seeing the enrollment of each school.

What class should a school be in at just over 700 students?
Class 3A ... the interesting question is that if Corbin was that big in 2006-07, why are they still in 2A in 2009 and 2010?
What class should a school be in at just over 700 students? I don't know the guidelines.

 

Also, a little off subject, but I didn't realize Bell Co. had fallen to 840 students. That was a bit of a surprise. I think its pretty neat actually seeing the enrollment of each school.

This may help some, as differing numbers are used, for the various Sports.

 

http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignment/schoolenrollmentandnotesuseforrealignment.pdf

Football alignment is based on Boys enrollment in all 4 grades over a 2 year average.

 

From the first link STRIKE3 posted, here are the most current figures for all the teams in our 2A and 3A BGP rankings for this week. I thought that would give a fair sample.

 

 

Class 2A

293 Fort Campbell

261 NCC

366 Corbin

261 Green Co

252 OCath

279 Danville

293 Pburg

277 DeSales

313 Monroe Co

336 Trigg Co

 

Class 3A

354 Belfry

336 Central

336 Breathitt Co

438 Mason Co

371 Estill Co

350 Russell

??? Harlan Co

415 N. Oldham

369 Sheldon Clark

373 Etown

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.