Everything posted by Hamilton Joe
-
Matt Long-Beechwood
I agree Coach Long is one of the areas best Volleyball coaches and will be sorely missed at Beechwood but I still question the timing of his decision. Sometimes you have to put your own interests behind those of the team and the kids and I'm just not convinced that this was done in the particular instance....I'm sure though that there are those who will disagree.
-
Scott 2008/09
Tibbs has developed into one of NKYs finest players and if she continues to progress as she has will be a very dominating player for the next 3 years. Her improvement the past couple of years has been incredibile IMO and she certainly has the chance to be one of the best players to come out of NKY in the past several years . I look forward watching her and her Scott team play the next few years.
-
Dead Period Question
:thumb::thumb:
-
34th District, will this be the last year?
:thumb:Good
-
34th District, will this be the last year?
Hopefully they continue to do so.
-
Donna Murphy Ill???
:thumb:Unbelievable player with the ability to do things that were years ahead of her time when it came to playing basketball.
-
34th District, will this be the last year?
If I'm Ludlow or Villa I still vote for the blind draw even though I disagree with it being that way but I'm not sure why Lloyd would take this position. They should more times then not be one of the 3 best in that particular district.
-
34th District, will this be the last year?
34th and 36th in NKY are the 2 that I know of in this area.
-
Top 25 Juniors in Northern Ky:
:thumb::thumb:Agree
-
34th District, will this be the last year?
Lets certainly hope that they vote for seeding but I imagine Villa will vote whatever way they think will most benefit their teams and not base it upon what the other catholic schools in the area are doing. They may vote for blind draw and hope to draw Ludlow. Didn't they beat them 3 or 4 times last year. For reasons only known to those at Ludlow they seem to always vote for a blind draw.
-
2008 Bracken County
Bracken got a break by being put in the same district as Gallatin, Owen and the others in that district instead staying in the district with Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton and Ludlow so hopefully this will benefit them in the won/loss category because they will certainly be using alot of gas to get to all of the schools in their new district.
-
Top 25 Juniors in Northern Ky:
UOTE=UNC-5;2872317]Hopefully he can make it thru an entire season. With good trainers and doctors in his corner I look for Joe to have big year.
-
Who said it for a premium prize?
Coach Thompson--Boone Cty
-
Who said it for a premium prize?
:laugh::ylsuper:
-
Matt Long-Beechwood
The soccer debate at Beechwood in my opinion certainly could of and should of been handled more maturely by all parties on both sides of this issue. All I see and hear is some very fine and nice people on both sides of this issue bickering and pointing fingers. Soccer/Volleball Parents, administration and coaches need to remember that we are all in this for the kids if I'm not mistaken.
-
Matt Grosser Named To Succeed Bob Rowe At Brossart
Wow! Now that is what I call moving quickly to fill a position. Makes you wonder why it takes some schools so long to fill similar jobs. Congrats to Coach Grosser and good luck.
-
Donna Murphy Ill???
More then 30 years later she is still the best player I ever saw come out of NKY. My prayers are with her and her family.
-
NCC
What about those rare cases where the administration doesn't step up and tell a coach he/she needs to step down for the good of the school and most of all the kids. There are instances that we are all aware of like this that allow incompetent coaches to continue in their position far to long. Obviously Coach McDonald was plenty competent but there have been grumblings coming down from the hill for sometime with regards to how she ran things. So who are some ot the candidates on Detzels short list?
-
Matt Long-Beechwood
Very unfortunate to hear this about Coach Long. Any particular reason why he chose to resign ands walk away from his team so close to the beginning of the new season? What other loyal people have recently left Beechwood that should give us reason for concern? From my experience I have learned that loyalty doesn't get you anywhere when egos and those with their own selfish interest come into to play. Good luck to the Beechwood program but this is a huge loss at a most inopportune time.
-
Ryan Ernst: Top Players in NKY
IMO it appears to be a list of those schools that Mr Ernst seems to concentrate most of his focus towards. Initially I thought he did a nice job of covering all the schools in NKY but in the past couple of years he seems to concentrate most of his efforts towards HHS, CCH, Dixie, Beechwood, NewCath, Boone and Ryle and his coverage of some of the others has become rather limited. Yes these schools do normally have the better players but there are some kids that can play at a great many of the other schools.
-
Who is the Best H.S. Pitcher you've seen or better faced?
:confused::confused:I'm with you Clyde. I umpired a number of years thru the 80s and early 90s and don't recall anyone from Ludlow ever being that good.
-
Who is the Best H.S. Pitcher you've seen or better faced?
The late Daryl Ledbetter (74) from Ludlow was as impressive as any pitcher I've seen in NKY. I played a few years prior to him but my brother faced him a couple times every year and he said he was downright scary. I saw him pitch several times and when he was on he was virtually unhitable.
-
7 on 7 Newport/Cooper
The offense may very well be appealing, just not sure about some of the other stuff that comes with it.:ylsuper::ylsuper:
-
7 on 7 Newport/Cooper
If the coaches past history is to tell us anything you should expect to see a spread offense where the QB throws about 35 to 40 times a game and a minimal running game. From what I'm told the coach is more of a defensive side of the line guy (very debatable). who took his offense from the previous coach at Ludlow, Steve Hensley. Watching the development of the Cooper program under Coach Borchers should be very interesting the next few years.
-
Brossart Hires New Head Football Coach
Financially I'm not sure Brossart can come close to what Ludlow pays their coaches. Believe it or not Ludlow pays very well for a small school even if they might be para-professionals.