Matt Grosser Named To Succeed Bob Rowe At Brossart

Mustang

Seventh year teacher and fifth year head Junior Varsity baseball coach Matt Grosser has been named to succeed Bob Rowe as only the ninth head baseball coach in the 44 year varsity baseball history of Brossart High School.

Twenty-seven year old Grosser, an Elder grad, started on the Brossart staff in 2003 as an asssitant to Joe Dean with the Mustang JVs before assuming the positon of head junior varsity coach in 2004.

Matt and his wife Tricia are expecting their first child in mid-August.

In an article appearing on the http://www.bmustangs.com website Matt said: "I am very excited and honored to have the opportunity to lead our baseball program. I'm fortunate to be a part of a program that has been so successful under Coach Rowe,"

"He really raised the profile of the program in several ways. I will have my work cut out for me if I want to approach his success, but we are fortunate to have all of the other baseball coaches returning for the 2009 season. I have absolute faith in our coaching staff's ability to effectively guide our players on and off the field. Coach Rowe will be missed, both as a colleague and as a friend, but our goals for the baseball program will remain the same. There are a great deal of talented, hard-working young men in our program, and we expect nothing less than to be one of the top teams in Northern Kentucky and the 10th Region year after year."

Bob Rowe served as the varsity head baseball coach for eleven seasons at Brossart compiling a 206-160 mark with two 10th Region Runner-up finishes on his resume. His Mustangs have won five consecutive 10h Region All "A" titles. Rowe was named the NKABC 10th Region Coach of the Year in both 2007 and 2008.

Is Coach Rowe still at Brossart in administration and as an assistant basketball coach, or has he left Brossart altogether for another opportunity elsewhere?

He's gone. He went to CovCath. I believe he's the new Principal there. You think he'll try to give Krumps some pointers???:banana::banana:

He's gone. He went to CovCath. I believe he's the new Principal there. You think he'll try to give Krumps some pointers???:banana::banana:

He is the new principal, but meddling isn't his style. He'll support their coaches, and understands the place athletics have in high school life.