Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryan Ernst: Top Players in NKY

Featured Replies

From Ryan Ernst blog:

 

Every year around this time I start mulling around my list of top football players in Northern Kentucky for the annual football preview. We typically run the top 10 seniors and the top five underclassmen. This year, strangely, I had a much easier time filling up the underclassmen list. That's not the way it usually happens, but there's some talent in the lower three grades. Anyway, here's how the lists are taking shape. Feel free to add your own.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=blog06&plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3ade3ab7e7-5e43-4e32-8612-155786b59a09Post%3ae63e8bca-cb65-4de1-a7b7-bca35d726977&sid=sitelife.cincinnati.com

 

This, by no means is a final list for the football preview. Just the names that come to mind. (I'm sure there are a few obvious ones that come to mind when I start to research it a little further.)

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

What about Jacob Reyes of Scott?

Andy Roenker for HC. 7 int's tied for the state lead I think, 80 tackles or so as a sophmore, going to play RB this year also.

Jacob Reyes from Scott will definately be their best player on the field this year. Scott lost way to much to talent from last years team to compete in the district this year. Coach Campbell though will have the Eagles competing week-end and week-out and who knows in a couple of years under the new coach and his staff they might be able to compete in the district.

  • Author

I don't think this was a final list...just a list of a few that come to mind early. There is obviously a ton of talent in NKY these next few years.

IMO it appears to be a list of those schools that Mr Ernst seems to concentrate most of his focus towards. Initially I thought he did a nice job of covering all the schools in NKY but in the past couple of years he seems to concentrate most of his efforts towards HHS, CCH, Dixie, Beechwood, NewCath, Boone and Ryle and his coverage of some of the others has become rather limited. Yes these schools do normally have the better players but there are some kids that can play at a great many of the other schools.

It is difficult to keep 29+ Northern Kentucky schools happy. I am glad to see any local coverage at all. He is never going to be perfect. I understand certain schools may seem to get more ink, but like you said, they have the most talent. As the season approaches, I think he does a much better job in covering every team. Keep up the great work Ryan.

  • Author
It is difficult to keep 29+ Northern Kentucky schools happy. I am glad to see any local coverage at all. He is never going to be perfect. I understand certain schools may seem to get more ink, but like you said, they have the most talent. As the season approaches, I think he does a much better job in covering every team. Keep up the great work Ryan.

 

Well said. :thumb:

Whats really weird about this list is that one of the top underclassmen in NKY is Aaron Morgan from Lloyd... And he graduated this past year.

IMO it appears to be a list of those schools that Mr Ernst seems to concentrate most of his focus towards. Initially I thought he did a nice job of covering all the schools in NKY but in the past couple of years he seems to concentrate most of his efforts towards HHS, CCH, Dixie, Beechwood, NewCath, Boone and Ryle and his coverage of some of the others has become rather limited. Yes these schools do normally have the better players but there are some kids that can play at a great many of the other schools.

 

Its not his job to parcel out time to every individual school as he's limited in his time and the size of his staff. Thus, he goes where the games are that people want to read about. Its unfortunate for the other schools but...

 

My suggestion and one I've done is to send story ideas into him. I did sometime last year and he was appreciative and the story made the paper.

To be honest I think there are a lot of folks on here that can give us an unbiased opinion of the top players in NKY just as well as Mr. Ernst. Just because he has a job writing for a bird cage liner doesnt necessarily mean its gospel. That is what makes this site such an awesome tool for the kids out there playing the game. It gives them exposure and outside of a few blowhorns on here I think it gives most college coaches who peruse this site an accurate description of their talents.

Miles Simpson, Tj Dawalt, Jordan Wilson and Patrick Bustle of Simon Kenton should have a great season. Simon Kenton should get plenty of wins this year with the help of those guys.

Gotta send some props out for Highlands T Adam Dempsey. He was the only JR on last years Birds' revered OL. I don't understand how he's flying under the radar.

Gotta send some props out for Highlands T Adam Dempsey. He was the only JR on last years Birds' revered OL. I don't understand how he's flying under the radar.

 

Adam is a tough physical kid that has gained invaluable expierence playing with one of the top lines in the state. Believe me he is not flying under the radar of anyone, except maybe Ryan!

Had a chance to meet Adam and his family at a Bearcat Jr Day event a couple of months ago, Adam has the character, talent and size to take this game where he chooses!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.