Donna Murphy Ill???

I heard a rumor today that Kentucky Basketball Legend Donna Murphy is gravely ill. If anyone can confirm or dispell this rumor, please do so.

For those of you who do not know Donna is the only person to ever win Miss Kentucky Basketball two times. She did this as a player at Newport High School and is considered a pioneer in the women's game. More recently Donna has been the head coach at Asbury College and LCA.

I heard a rumor today that Kentucky Basketball Legend Donna Murphy is gravely ill. If anyone can confirm or dispell this rumor, please do so.

For those of you who do not know Donna is the only person to ever win Miss Kentucky Basketball two times. She did this as a player at Newport High School and is considered a pioneer in the women's game. More recently Donna has been the head coach at Asbury College and LCA.

I sure hope not! Coach Murphy is a great lady! My thoughts and prayers are with her and I hope this is just a rumor!

Not to nit-pick, but she didn't win Miss Basketball twice, considering that award only goes to seniors. She was, however, Kentucky's first Miss Basketball.

This is very sad, and very sudden, it seems. I pray she gets the transplant she needs, because she has more knowledge to impart upon developing players.

Posted by R.Ernst:

Former Northern Kentucky prep phenom Donna Murphy, in desperate need of a liver transplant, is undergoing the surgery at University of Cincinnati Hospital this afternoon.

The donor liver, according to Murphy's brother Duran Murphy, arrived late Wednesday night. The surgery began at 7 a.m. this morning.

"They should be finishing it (around 3 p.m.)," Duran Murphy said. "All the main arteries are connected. The most complicated parts are done. Once they finish up, if there aren’t any complications, she should have a healthy liver."

Posted by R.Ernst:

Former Northern Kentucky prep phenom Donna Murphy, in desperate need of a liver transplant, is undergoing the surgery at University of Cincinnati Hospital this afternoon.

The donor liver, according to Murphy's brother Duran Murphy, arrived late Wednesday night. The surgery began at 7 a.m. this morning.

"They should be finishing it (around 3 p.m.)," Duran Murphy said. "All the main arteries are connected. The most complicated parts are done. Once they finish up, if there aren’t any complications, she should have a healthy liver."

Great news. Happy to hear she was able to get the transplant so quickly. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery.

Donna is a wonderful lady and a great role model. My daughter hasn't had the opportunity to play for her (because of prior obligations), but she is a class act. My prayers are with her and her family. GOD BLESS her and her family

I heard that the liver transplant took 9 hours, but that she has some problems relating to her kidneys and swelling on her brain. The doctors are hopeful these things will correct themselves over time now that the new liver is in place. Only time will tell. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.