Matt Long-Beechwood

Very unfortunate resignation for the Beechwood Volleyball program. Matt held a mtg last night to inform the players/parents and admin that he was stepping down.

Looks like they lose another very loyal person at Beecwhood, who will be next?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unfortunate to hear this about Coach Long. Any particular reason why he chose to resign ands walk away from his team so close to the beginning of the new season? What other loyal people have recently left Beechwood that should give us reason for concern?

From my experience I have learned that loyalty doesn't get you anywhere when egos and those with their own selfish interest come into to play.

Good luck to the Beechwood program but this is a huge loss at a most inopportune time.

Edited by Hamilton Joe

We'll miss you, Matt. Class act for many years. The girls learned alot from you. I hope you are now 'seasoned' for the teenaged years with your own daughters! You've had many 'practice' daughters! Thanks for the memories and Thanks for your time and talent! Good luck in the future. (There may still be time to reconsider!!! Please?)

We'll miss you, Matt. Class act for many years. The girls learned alot from you. I hope you are now 'seasoned' for the teenaged years with your own daughters! You've had many 'practice' daughters! Thanks for the memories and Thanks for your time and talent! Good luck in the future. (There may still be time to reconsider!!! Please?)

I agree completely. He has done more for girls' sports at Beechwood than anyone in the history of the school. Every year takes a small group of girls and turns them into real players. Not easily done in such a small school.

Beechwood was so very lucky to have him as long as we did. Thank you Matt!:thumb:

I agree with Beechwood Fan, Matt has done a tremendous job at Beechwood. For such a small school to consistently be among the top tier teams in NKY points to the quality of coaching that they have had. Beechwood was very lucky to have one of the best, if not the best coach in the area.

Coaching aside, Matt is a wonderful person and the entire volleyball community was better with him as a high school coach. He has been very generous with his time and talents coaching not only his high school players, but anyone looking to advance their skills. Best of luck to Matt and his family.

Is this in any way because of soccer?

I hope Matt reconsiders!

A lot of Beechwood loyalty has been lost in the past 5 years (teachers and coaches)with more to come!

I have heard that the soccer decision was a factor.