Matt Long-Beechwood

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called $$$$$ and Fear! The parents who made the accusations against Matt have lots of $$$$ and the threat of the almighty Law Suits against the school. It should be noted that these parent"s children are only elementary students, but then again Beechwood has a very weak BOE look at the superintendent they hired.

:confused:Isn't the Beechwood Independent School District always one the highest ranked schools not only in NKY but throughout the state that consistently has some of the highest test scores of all schools in KY? Don't they have a football program that has dominated at their level for the past 20 years with an outstanding baseball program and girls volleyball program? Seems to me the Superintendent and the BOE appear to be doing something right and if not then the voters of Ft Mitchell can always vote out the BOE members if they wish.

Not say!! but I can say it was very childish (but not surprising) on the part of the $$$$$ parents.

If only someone in the Beechwood Administration would have come to Matt's defense!! :cry:

Gee, sounds similar to the NCC situation where parents, rather school administration, make the decisions. It is a shame when a school like Beechwood loses a great coach because of parents.

Gee, sounds similar to the NCC situation where parents, rather school administration, make the decisions. It is a shame when a school like Beechwood loses a great coach because of parents.

Sure does!!! Again, parents living their lives through their kids again!!! It's very sad!!

:confused:Isn't the Beechwood Independent School District always one the highest ranked schools not only in NKY but throughout the state that consistently has some of the highest test scores of all schools in KY? Don't they have a football program that has dominated at their level for the past 20 years with an outstanding baseball program and girls volleyball program? Seems to me the Superintendent and the BOE appear to be doing something right and if not then the voters of Ft Mitchell can always vote out the BOE members if they wish.

You really do not know what you are talking about!!

Beechwoods reputation and education prowess were in place well before the present BOE and Superintendent were in place. My guess is it will still be in place well after this BOE is replaced and hopefully the Superintendent. The Board does hire him, right.:thumb:

Edited by Flop

Beechwood athletics have always excelled on the boy's side. The Beechwood football and baseball programs are always among the best in the state at the class A level, and among the best regardless of class in NKY. Boy's basketball has recently elevated their level of play and has always been successful in their division of the NKAC.

However, the girl's programs have been far from competitive. The volleyball program has been the lone bright spot for the Lady Tigers in as long as I can remember. With what has transpired in the last month or so, I imagine that the volleyball program will come more in line with the rest of the girl's programs at Beechwood.

Would the administration allow this to happen with any of the boy's programs? Can you think of any other NKY school where the athletic competitive levels are so divergent based on gender?

For the record ... this is one of the best topics of all time!

I don't want to get too far into the middle of this one ... but .. baseball has really just surged on to the scene recently. Football has been very consistent.

Volleyball was really starting to make some headway for the girls .... and really had things going (hopefully that will continue--and I think there is a chance that it will because the girls there are into volleyball). Girls track has also made great strides .. and could really be good under the right circumstances.

The playing field isn't even near as unlevel as the outsiders try to make it. Especially when you consider that football pays for every sport there.

The issue is ... there is a limited number of boys .. and in THIS CASE ... a limited number of GIRLS. I can see where kids should have as many opportunities as possible ... but some people would rather there be QUALITY ... as opposed to the chance that the sport that is making headway be watered down.

Some times ... less is more. Some times ... it isn't. Everyone has their own idea ... and that is fine. Just remember what you are going to get. You are going to gain some kids ... but you are also going to lose some ... and in this case ... you lose a great coach. I am not sure which cost is greater in this situation .. and I am not going to even attempt it.

In closing ... what left a bad taste in my mouth is when non-Beechwood people started acting like they had all the answers (which stems from the way this was handled in the press). They are entitled to their opinion ... but what is the point? To stir things up? Well ... that is what happened.

Good luck to Coach Long. He is a class act and a great coach. The timing stunk ... but I am sure that the girls understand.

Good luck to the Beechwood girls. I would pay money to coach them in a sport that I know something about (maybe track someday ... ha, ha!). They are winners ... and I have confidence that they will not let the quality of THEIR program change.

Beechwoods reputation and education prowess were in place well before the present BOE and Superintendent were in place. My guess is it will still be in place well after this BOE is replaced and hopefully the Superintendent. The Board does hire him, right.:thumb:

:lol:Ok whatever but something tells me these same board members will get re-elected when the time comes. The ones I know are all quality individuals and long time Beechwood supporters.

I will continue to believe that both sides of this soccer issue should share in this debacle including Coach Long and his supporters. Often times the coach has allowed his emotions to get the best of him and it over shadows the fact that he is a darn good VB coach. Good luck coach in w/e you do and come on Beechwood, lets get your act together on this entire issue and let the kids play the games we all enjoy watching..:ylsuper::walk:

:lol:Ok whatever but something tells me these same board members will get re-elected when the time comes. The ones I know are all quality individuals and long time Beechwood supporters.

...and it doesn't change the boneheaded move they made in their choice of a superintendent!:irked:

It's called $$$$$ and Fear! The parents who made the accusations against Matt have lots of $$$$ and the threat of the almighty Law Suits against the school. It should be noted that these parent"s children are only elementary students, but then again Beechwood has a very weak BOE look at the superintendent they hired.

Not say!! but I can say it was very childish (but not surprising) on the part of the $$$$$ parents.

If only someone in the Beechwood Administration would have come to Matt's defense!! :cry:

BRAVO! I, as many others,:thumb: agree and hope you are right!

The BOE/Supt. I don't believe have anything to do w/the ranking or the high test scores. I would have to tip my hat to the students/parents/teachers.

I will continue to believe that both sides of this soccer issue should share in this debacle including Coach Long and his supporters. Often times the coach has allowed his emotions to get the best of him and it over shadows the fact that he is a darn good VB coach. Good luck coach in w/e you do and come on Beechwood, lets get your act together on this entire issue and let the kids play the games we all enjoy watching..:ylsuper::walk:

Obviously, we all have our own opinions and watching a European game does not excite me.:laugh:

The BOE/Supt. I don't believe have anything to do w/the ranking or the high test scores. I would have to tip my hat to the students/parents/teachers.

Obviously, we all have our own opinions and watching a European game does not excite me.:laugh:

:laugh::thumb:Agree with pretty much all of what you say in this post especially with regards to that Eurpoean game..but when re-election and Superintendent review time come around watch and see if they don't take their fairshare of the credit with regards to those state rankings and test scores. :ylsuper:

:laugh::thumb:Agree with pretty much all of what you say in this post especially with regards to that Eurpoean game..but when re-election and Superintendent review time come around watch and see if they don't take their fairshare of the credit with regards to those state rankings and test scores. :ylsuper:

No question he is kissing the right people or he wouldn't have been put where he is now. If the teachers did not fear for their own jobs and were able to speak their peace, there would be a new Supt.

The people who have left BHS this past yr will be deeply missed. When the seasons start everyone will realize just how much they are missed.

Good luck Matt! Have fun w/your family, no pressure there w/winning, you have already won!