Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Long-Beechwood

Featured Replies

No question he is kissing the right people or he wouldn't have been put where he is now. If the teachers did not fear for their own jobs and were able to speak their peace, there would be a new Supt.

 

:thumb: Sounds familar, Good luck..

  • Replies 58
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So most teams will be starting practice next week for the upcoming Volleyball season. Who will be coaching the Tigers with Coach Long gone?

I heard a rumor that Ludlows coach, Jodi might apply? Has anyone else heard that??

I heard a rumor that Ludlows coach, Jodi might apply? Has anyone else heard that??

 

I have talked to a few people close to the Ludlow program and from what I understand Coach Schmidt has never expressed any interest in the Beechwood job or any other VB coaching position outside the Ludlow School District. She seems very satisfied with her situation at Ludlow from what I'm told and feels very good about the future of her Panther program. She has been a very valuable asset to not only the Volleyball program but the entire Ludlow School District and is very well respected by students, teachers, administration and parents.

I have talked to a few people close to the Ludlow program and from what I understand Coach Schmidt has never expressed any interest in the Beechwood job or any other VB coaching position outside the Ludlow School District. She seems very satisfied with her situation at Ludlow from what I'm told and feels very good about the future of her Panther program. She has been a very valuable asset to not only the Volleyball program but the entire Ludlow School District and is very well respected by students, teachers, administration and parents.

 

Hope you are correct about Coach Schmidt. My niece played for her for several years and she has nothing but good things to say about Coach Schmidt and what she has accomplished at Ludlow.

She has done a fantastic job with Ludlows volleyball program. Glad to hear that the rumor is false.

She has done a fantastic job with Ludlows volleyball program. Glad to hear that the rumor is false.

 

:thumb:Agree 100%

Although Jodi is a Beechwood graduate, she has no interest in leaving Ludlow schools. She is happy teaching and coaching at Ludlow and had put many hours into building her program, and has done a fantastic job. I spoke with her today and she is happy where she is at.

For the record ... this is one of the best topics of all time!

 

I don't want to get too far into the middle of this one ... but .. baseball has really just surged on to the scene recently. Football has been very consistent.

 

Volleyball was really starting to make some headway for the girls .... and really had things going (hopefully that will continue--and I think there is a chance that it will because the girls there are into volleyball). Girls track has also made great strides .. and could really be good under the right circumstances.

 

The playing field isn't even near as unlevel as the outsiders try to make it. Especially when you consider that football pays for every sport there.

 

The issue is ... there is a limited number of boys .. and in THIS CASE ... a limited number of GIRLS. I can see where kids should have as many opportunities as possible ... but some people would rather there be QUALITY ... as opposed to the chance that the sport that is making headway be watered down.

 

Some times ... less is more. Some times ... it isn't. Everyone has their own idea ... and that is fine. Just remember what you are going to get. You are going to gain some kids ... but you are also going to lose some ... and in this case ... you lose a great coach. I am not sure which cost is greater in this situation .. and I am not going to even attempt it.

 

In closing ... what left a bad taste in my mouth is when non-Beechwood people started acting like they had all the answers (which stems from the way this was handled in the press). They are entitled to their opinion ... but what is the point? To stir things up? Well ... that is what happened.

 

Good luck to Coach Long. He is a class act and a great coach. The timing stunk ... but I am sure that the girls understand.

 

Good luck to the Beechwood girls. I would pay money to coach them in a sport that I know something about (maybe track someday ... ha, ha!). They are winners ... and I have confidence that they will not let the quality of THEIR program change.

 

 

I agree with alot of what you said...but volleyball paid for itself most years and was self-sufficient. Football funds did not carry the volleyball team. That could change this year though.....

 

They did alot of fundraising to make money so they could do overnight trips to Louisville, buy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. The volleyball gate alone paid for almost all of the v-ball expenses.

I agree Coach Long is one of the areas best Volleyball coaches and will be sorely missed at Beechwood but I still question the timing of his decision. Sometimes you have to put your own interests behind those of the team and the kids and I'm just not convinced that this was done in the particular instance....I'm sure though that there are those who will disagree.

 

 

How about his family...is that a good enough reason Joe?:rolleyes:

Beechwood already has a new Volleyball Coach...it was announced right after Matt's resignation.

I agree with alot of what you said...but volleyball paid for itself most years and was self-sufficient. Football funds did not carry the volleyball team. That could change this year though.....

 

They did alot of fundraising to make money so they could do overnight trips to Louisville, buy t-shirts, sweatshirts, etc. The volleyball gate alone paid for almost all of the v-ball expenses.

 

 

Which is fantastic ... but when you look past the last 5-6 years ... you can't say that they same statement is true.

 

Not real sure why you are leaning towards minimizing football's impact at Beechwood ... but the last time I was at a volleyball game there .. I am pretty sure that I saw nearly the entire football team there to support the volleyball team (and I doubt that will ever change .... )

Which is fantastic ... but when you look past the last 5-6 years ... you can't say that they same statement is true.

 

Not real sure why you are leaning towards minimizing football's impact at Beechwood ... but the last time I was at a volleyball game there .. I am pretty sure that I saw nearly the entire football team there to support the volleyball team (and I doubt that will ever change .... )

 

 

You are 100% correct....it has only been that way for 6 years or so. Not trying to minimize the impact Football has on Beechwood......Just stating that the V-ball program was self-sufficient as of recent.

 

Everyone knows Beechwood Football without a doubt IS Beechwood's backbone....it wouldn't stand without it!

 

The football team has ALWAYS supported the v-ball program. They get psyched up for the v-ball games...they are definitley a 7th player on the court for the girls!!!!

 

There is nothing but LOVE for Noel and the Tigers!

You are 100% correct....it has only been that way for 6 years or so. Not trying to minimize the impact Football has on Beechwood......Just stating that the V-ball program was self-sufficient as of recent.

 

Everyone knows Beechwood Football without a doubt IS Beechwood's backbone....it wouldn't stand without it!

 

The football team has ALWAYS supported the v-ball program. They get psyched up for the v-ball games...they are definitley a 7th player on the court for the girls!!!!

 

There is nothing but LOVE for Noel and the Tigers!

 

Good! I know that that love definitely goes both ways.

And again .. the last thing that many of us wanted was to see anything happen to the volleyball program. And I have a feeling that all of us will do everything possible to keep the tradition moving in the right direction.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.