Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Long-Beechwood

Featured Replies

If there are only a hand full of girls interested in soccer, how is it effecting vball?

 

That has been argued to death in a different thread.

 

Matt did not leave simply because we may be getting soccer. It was the treatment he received from a select group of parents. He has devoted years to our school and has been the best thing to ever happen to the girls at Beechwood. He is an excellent role model and has built strong teams with a small pool of talent. He has taught our girls the benefit of hard work and dedication. He taught them respect and good sportsmanship.

 

He didnt deserve the treatment he got from parents who have no respect for what he has done. He took as much and he could and left.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasnt the girls, it was a select group of parents who would do or say anything to get what they want. The abuse he endured by these parents should be an embarrassment to them. He has devoted years to Beechwood and has been the best thing to EVER happen to girls's sports there. He was an excellent role model and worked endlessly to bring out the best in our girls.

 

He didnt deserve the treatment he received and left. Simple as that. A huge loss for Beechwood and a big step backwards for girls's sports..

 

If I may ask, are you saying parents of future soccer players were hassling him? What would their beef be?

 

Am I also to assume that the quote in the press release about spending more time with his kids was just a nice way of saying "I've had enough?"

The soccer debate at Beechwood in my opinion certainly could of and should of been handled more maturely by all parties on both sides of this issue. All I see and hear is some very fine and nice people on both sides of this issue bickering and pointing fingers. Soccer/Volleball Parents, administration and coaches need to remember that we are all in this for the kids if I'm not mistaken.

I do not know what all went on at Beechwood with all of this. But I do know that Beechwood no longer has one of the top volleyball coaches in N KY and unfortunately for the Beechwood volleyball players the timing is not good at all either. Good HS Volleyball coaches are hard to come by in N KY. Matt Long is one of the best and I will personally miss seeing him on the sidelines as I know many others will too. Hopefully he will return to the sport someday whether it be at the club or HS level.

Good Luck Matt with whatever direction you go, it has been my pleasure to watch and enjoy your teams through the years.

I do not know what all went on at Beechwood with all of this. But I do know that Beechwood no longer has one of the top volleyball coaches in N KY and unfortunately for the Beechwood volleyball players the timing is not good at all either. Good HS Volleyball coaches are hard to come by in N KY. Matt Long is one of the best and I will personally miss seeing him on the sidelines as I know many others will too. Hopefully he will return to the sport someday whether it be at the club or HS level.

Good Luck Matt with whatever direction you go, it has been my pleasure to watch and enjoy your teams through the years.

 

I agree Coach Long is one of the areas best Volleyball coaches and will be sorely missed at Beechwood but I still question the timing of his decision. Sometimes you have to put your own interests behind those of the team and the kids and I'm just not convinced that this was done in the particular instance....I'm sure though that there are those who will disagree.

I agree Coach Long is one of the areas best Volleyball coaches and will be sorely missed at Beechwood but I still question the timing of his decision. Sometimes you have to put your own interests behind those of the team and the kids and I'm just not convinced that this was done in the particular instance....I'm sure though that there are those who will disagree.

 

I would have had a hard time not resigning under the circumstances. Such is the difficulties of dealing with the Beechwood Elite.:rolleyes:

I would have had a hard time not resigning under the circumstances. Such is the difficulties of dealing with the Beechwood Elite.:rolleyes:

 

:confused:But they have been there for years. Sorry but this whole situation as I have stated earlier should have been handled more maturely by all parties.:ylsuper:

I would have had a hard time not resigning under the circumstances. Such is the difficulties of dealing with the Beechwood Elite.:rolleyes:
Who or what pray tell are the " Beechwood Elite " ? All America wants to know .
Who or what pray tell are the " Beechwood Elite " ? All America wants to know .

 

:lol::confused:I was sort of wondering that myself..

:confused:But they have been there for years. Sorry but this whole situation as I have stated earlier should have been handled more maturely by all parties.:ylsuper:

 

I'm on your team!!

:lol::confused:I was sort of wondering that myself..

 

It's called $$$$$ and Fear! The parents who made the accusations against Matt have lots of $$$$ and the threat of the almighty Law Suits against the school. It should be noted that these parent"s children are only elementary students, but then again Beechwood has a very weak BOE look at the superintendent they hired.

It's called $$$$$ and Fear! The parents who made the accusations against Matt have lots of $$$$ and the threat of the almighty Law Suits against the school. It should be noted that these parent"s children are only elementary students, but then again Beechwood has a very weak BOE look at the superintendent they hired.

 

What were the accusations or can you not say?

So who is the new volleyball coach? Hopefully they didn't get desperate enough to hire a former coach who is already on the staff!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.