Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

frmwaydwntwn1212

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by frmwaydwntwn1212

  1. I'd give it to Goodin. Best player in the state and it's not even close.
  2. I thought this would be taking off now since regions are over. There were 7 open jobs by state last season I believe.
  3. So to get back on topic, HC openings...any rumblings?
  4. Someone called a charge on Carson? ? I don't think I've ever seen that.
  5. Well that's fair. In a qualified candidate here is who will be mentioned in the Holmes opening: Sullivan - Cooper: no way he leaves as his program and situation is better where he is currently. Snapp - Newport: good fit as he has done great with less. But may be too abrasive for administration. Grammer - Grant County: good young coach but would he leave a winnable 8th to go to a tough district and region? K. Listerman - Highlands: would he follow his old man? Brannen - Walton: good coach but I don't think he fits at Holmes. These are just the head coaches in NKY I think would be considered by others to be candidates. My pick is: Mercer County's head coach. May be able to bring in talent and 9th is easier than the 12th in my opinion.
  6. Listerman isn't out of that spot yet. Don't speculate until it's open (which will be Coach Ls decision).
  7. I saw said father get warned by the lead official and where I was sitting he definitely did come down from the stands. I thought he was kicked out of the game.
  8. GC is just missing 1 player and from I've been told is not a factor in this game. With that said, I like Clinkenbeard and Kinmon to win this game because I don't think the Braves have anyone who can match up with them.
  9. I heard that Grant County lost two players to serious injuries in the first quarter of this game. Not the best circumstance for your last regular season game.
  10. I would agree with The Observer about Beechwood's best defense is their offense. In games that I have seen, they don't have really solid defense. Teams can get to the rim rather easily and if Toebbe, the tall one, is out of the game, there isn't much help on the backside. Also agree with 8675309 that it isn't as bad of a loss as it may look on paper. Grant has played a tough schedule and have some good pieces to cause teams trouble.
  11. I was at the game. Great environment for a HS game. Felt like a tournament championship. But the win for Walton is very controversial in my opinion. It appeared that the Braves staff called a timeout before a 5-second call that led to the go ahead basket and FT. But had Grant hit their free throws it isn't even an issue. 32nd is wide open. Anyone have the seeding for the tournament?
  12. Head to Head - Owen beat an incomplete Taylor County and Goodin still had 30 points. I would also argue that Taylor County having to play Waggener the night before was more difficult than Owen County playing Fairdale. This is why a head to head matchup in December is meaningless to me. SOS (according the Maher) Owen County - 103rd good for 9th best in their region Taylor County - 25th good for best in their region
  13. I'd take Goodin over Williams. Just looking at a simple fact that Goodin has done his damage against a lot better competition than Williams. Taylor County's opponents have a 66.5% winning percentage while Owen County's is just 54.3%. This means a lot to me but may not to others.
  14. This PC team has me perplexed. Some of their losses are mind boggling. But I can only assume they're still the favorite in their district.
  15. I've seen Scott a few times. I don't think they're disciplined enough to win the big games in the 10th.
  16. Who was there? What happened in this game? Seems like GC has had SK's number especially in the tournament.
  17. Wow! I did not think that the Braves could pull this one off. Wish I would've went to this game (a UK game kept me home).
  18. Could Pendleton's struggle in this game have anything to do with Grant County's defense? I wasn't there so I'm just thinking the other team may have had a hand in the other team losing. This could be Grant County coming around like it has done the past two seasons. Just thinking out loud.
  19. So the post about a 6th grader getting in was incorrect? Didn't think they were eligible to play HS ball.
  20. Why should they schedule NKU? To help their in-state school? I see nothing to gain by playing NKU.
  21. Who does this start to the season fall on at Grant County?
  22. It was a 19 point game at SK last year. I'm going to say 55-45 SK. Walton struggles to score still but I don't think the size advantage is as big a deal as some. Look for Walton to challenge Hawkins and Cottrell.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.