8th Region

Oldham24

8th Region should be solid again this year and loaded with talent. Went to Simon Kenton for last years regional tournament and watched every single game and was blown away with the talent. North Oldham’s 9-6 win over Shelby County in the Championship has lots of excitement. Working on my top teams and players later on and will get this discussion started!!

Top Players

1. Logan Beard North Oldham

2. Austin Reed Oldham Co

3. JT Benson South Oldham

4. Deaton Oak Oldham Co

5. Mikaii Stoner Collins

6. Austin Griffin Shelby Co

7. Gavin McLarty Oldham Co

8. Tyler White Collins

9. Blake Cook Shelby Co

10.Landon Scott Simon Kenton

While Shelby returns both Cook and Griffin who are very good players. They lost their top three pitchers in the Collins twins and Marcum. Caleb Collins was one of the more dominant pitchers there was in the region the last two years. It is almost impossible to replace that. That alone would be enough to leave them out of my top 5. I agree with the poster above Travis Smith at Walton is one of the best arms in the region. You also have Woodford entering the region this year and they have been a force in the 11th region which may the best baseball region in the state. There are also rumors flying around here in Shelby County that Tyler White may not be playing this year for Collins which would be a big loss to a team that has some young talent returning. I also look for Anderson County to be much improved this year. They had a rough year playing a brutal schedule last year but were very young and gained a lot of experience. The Labhart kid can really hit in the middle of their order.

Top Teams

1. Oldham

2. North Oldham

3. Simon Kenton

4. South Oldham

5. Woodford

6. Collins