8th Region 2018/19

Somebody recommended starting this thread. So here goes.

I looked at returning scoring for the top 9 teams from this year and it shows me that this region will be way down next year as far as experienced talent. The 8th region loses alot of veteran stars and some teams that have been historically at the top may slip some. Transfers and improving players can always change things. North Oldham and Anderson County taking the biggest hits. Oldham county losing a lot. But here is a list of the top nine teams and the top scorers returning for each team:

Spencer County

Conley 13.9

Cole 10.5

Seawright 9.8

Whitlock 8.6

Hornback 3.0

Total: 45.8

Gallatin County

Koomer 16.4

Rassman 5.4

Bowen 7.7

Dickerson 2.3

Mcintyre 2.0

Total: 33.8

Simon Kenton

Niece 16.5

Davis 6.3

Hensley 5.0

Lair 2.4

Krohman 2.2

Total: 32.4

Collins

McKnight 12.3

Vail 11.2

Turner 4.2

Kidwell 3.0

Eades .9

Total: 31.6

Walton Verona

Pardee 10.0

Miles 7.1

Grubbs 5.3

Bonne 2.6

Jones 4.9

Total: 29.9

South Oldham

Morrison 15.0

Johnson 3.7

Cranfill 2.6

Schadt 2.0

J.King 1.8

Total: 25.1

Oldham County

Harper 6.9

Teague 4.6

Dewitt 4.0

Mesker 2.5

Mclarty 1.7

Total: 19.7

Anderson County

Rice 5.0

McKee 2.8

Labbhart 2.1

Rutherford 2.0

Gillis 1.9

Total: 13.8

North Oldham

Adleson 6.5

Mcintosh 2.8

Barry .3

Smith 0

Gibson 0

Total: 9.6

Keep in mind these stats do not include post season play so some averages might be slightly higher or lower but pretty close. Anybody that wants to add any teams I didn't mention--please do. Just a conversation starter for next year.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking 6'10 Miles would have scored more than 7.1 ppg if he had played for Walton-Verona the whole season. I would think he should be a favorite for player of the year next year in the 8th, hopefully his rehab is coming along nicely and he hits the floor soon.

I am thinking 6'10 Miles would have scored more than 7.1 ppg if he had played for Walton-Verona the whole season. I would think he should be a favorite for player of the year next year in the 8th, hopefully his rehab is coming along nicely and he hits the floor soon.

I agree on both points.

With their losses will they have the guard play to facilitate to him as a big man?

I agree on both points.

With their losses will they have the guard play to facilitate to him as a big man?

They will definitely not be as skilled in the point guard position, Stanley was a treasure for them this year. They do have some solid guards in Garrett Jones and Grant Grubbs who both got plenty of playing time during the season. Also, Trey Bonne may have been the best or one of the best JV players in the 8th region last year. He is one of the best athletes that WV will put on the floor next year. I think WV will have a solid first 5 next year but will not have near the amount of depth they had this year.

I don't care about total points returning as much as I look at what players are returning and can they pick up some point totals.

Just by what has been posted, you look at SK with 14 kids off the roster returning says something. They were good last year. Can they continue to develop.

Collins is returning a great trio of players. They can pick up the scoring and will be favorite to win 30th and compete for region.

I don't care about total points returning as much as I look at what players are returning and can they pick up some point totals.

Just by what has been posted, you look at SK with 14 kids off the roster returning says something. They were good last year. Can they continue to develop.

Collins is returning a great trio of players. They can pick up the scoring and will be favorite to win 30th and compete for region.

I would have to disagree with what you said a little. You may not care about total points returning, but that is a commodity that has already been established for a whole year not something your looking to develop.

On another note--Spencer County had a freshman that tore it up on the JV level and was in the main rotation on varsity--Lucas Hornback. He has improved dramatically in the last month. Working out with weights to get stronger. He looks like a different kid. He will open some eyes on the AAU circuit this summer. I will be anxious to see how much the three very good freshman for Spencer County improve over the summer. Conley is playing for the Louisville Magic. Whitlock and Hornback will be playing with the Louisville Prospects. They are all hitting the weights hard and skill training 4 days a week. I feel like Collins, Spencer, and Gallatin will be the top three.

I know of a couple that could happen. Until I know for sure I'm not going to put it out there. For a couple of teams.

Should be an interesting off-season. @Cardsrule1972 I believe you are right about the top 3. Gallatin returning Coomer and how those kids develop from yr to yr. They should considered a real threat in the 8th. I didn't get a chance to see Spencer this yr but I hear alot of good things about their young talent, especially Conley. I can't wait to see them next season. Simon Kenton returns what I consider to be the top offensive talent in the region in Niece. He may put up 25-26 ppg next yr as a soph. Looks like they have some good returning kids too. I don't see one team being significantly better than anyone else at this point. I would like to add don't sleep on South Oldham. They always seem to be in the mix and they had a couple underclassmen start.

I’m not sold on Spencer County, as the team is constructed currently. I’ve seen a lot of touting as it pertains to the youngsters, but these kids have yet to even make the Region tournament. Convince me that they can make the kind of jump you guys are thinking they will.

I do think with the expected decline of Anderson County they will make region, just not sure they are top 3

Walton Verona was picked ahead of Gallatin in the A rankings. The potential of Miles 6'9, Brooks 6'7, and Pardee at 6'6 is a matchup nightmare for most teams. Add in Jones, Grubbs and Bonne and they have 6 pretty good players. I think Shelby County is back in the mix. Does Woodford Co join the region next year?

Walton Verona was picked ahead of Gallatin in the A rankings. The potential of Miles 6'9, Brooks 6'7, and Pardee at 6'6 is a matchup nightmare for most teams. Add in Jones, Grubbs and Bonne and they have 6 pretty good players. I think Shelby County is back in the mix. Does Woodford Co join the region next year?

I’m pretty sure Woodford will join for the 19-20 season. If they were going to be joining next season, they would probably garner consideration as a top 3 or 4 team, imo