Top scorers for JV teams in the 13th region

I think Bell has the best freshman team in the region this year. Clay would be second from the teams I have seen. Of course several freshman players are playing at the varsity level and will not be playing in the tournament. I know Knox, South and Corbin all would be much better if they played all their players,but none will risk injury to win the 9th grade regional.

This tourney lets your younger kids play in a tournament atmosphere. It is not important who wins but it is a good experience for the kids. Differant teams have differant goals for the tourney.Corbin is trying to win the big 13th while Williamsburg is trying to have some success were they can.

I'm a little surprised Whitley beat Bell in the semifinals. I thought Bell had the best looking team in the first two rounds with Clay second.

Whitley played as hard as anyone on defense though and shot the ball pretty well.

A lot of varsity players were there. A few of the top guys didn't play like Crawford and Labanion of Whitley, Miller of Knox Central, Whitaker of Bell, Wilson of Clay, Manns, Gilbert and St. John of South and Johnson, Manns and Wilson of Corbin.

Bell beat Clay in the quarterfinals.

A lot of varsity players were there. A few of the top guys didn't play like Crawford and Labanion of Whitley, Miller of Knox Central, Whitaker of Bell, Wilson of Clay, Manns, Gilbert and St. John of South and Johnson, Manns and Wilson of Corbin.

Bell beat Clay in the quarterfinals.

How did Cawood look?And Harlan?

Who thinks it makes it an unlevel playing field for some teams to play their varsity freshman and others will not? Is it such a big deal if you do win when other teams aren't playing their best players?

I bet Whitley players felt like it was a big deal when they won, they couldn't worry about who was not there but beat all the ones they had to in order to win the tournment. I understand about the better freshman not being there but alot of times the older players on the varsity help the younger ones look good and its harder sometimes to play at your on level. Good job Whitley.