Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 77 Alabama 71

Featured Replies

I thought Darius played a very good first half... Especially defensively. Then he got left on bench most of 2 nd half... Good thing he was on court at end.

I am afraid Cal trying to baby Jones along is going to cost us.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know what happened to Alabama in their 20 point home loss to Vandy, but they've got a better team than their record indicates.
We were down by 23 at one point, the final was 10 points. Vandy is a good team.
:confused: I did hurt that Bama wasn't required to dribble though. There were several walks that Bama got away with.

 

I thought the officiating was just odd. They let a lot of random stuff go, and would then call really picky stuff.

 

Not denying anything you said, but I don't see a travel as a 50/50 call. "odd" is a nice way to define the officiating.

I thought Darius played a very good first half... Especially defensively. Then he got left on bench most of 2 nd half... Good thing he was on court at end.

I am afraid Cal trying to baby Jones along is going to cost us.

 

Like it or not Jones is going to be key in how the team does in the tournament. If we want to see UK win a title this year, we need Jones to play like he can.

Like it or not Jones is going to be key in how the team does in the tournament. If we want to see UK win a title this year, we need Jones to play like he can.

 

No doubt. You could see that today with Alabama muscling Davis and UK inside. Jones can help in those types of games if he plays strong and tough in the paint.

Like it or not Jones is going to be key in how the team does in the tournament. If we want to see UK win a title this year, we need Jones to play like he can.

 

I agree to a certain extent...IMO Miller, MKG, and Lamb don't get enough time on the floor together. Jones was really struggling in the first half. I thought the reason UK struggled defensively in the 2nd half is because Miller was on the bench. IMO he is the most versatile team defender on the team.

I agree to a certain extent...IMO Miller, MKG, and Lamb don't get enough time on the floor together. Jones was really struggling in the first half. I thought the reason UK struggled defensively in the 2nd half is because Miller was on the bench. IMO he is the most versatile team defender on the team.

 

This team is still a good team with Jones on the bench, however we don't want this team to be a good team. We want them to be a great team, and team that will hang the 8th National Championship banner. Jones is the key to all that, and we need him to be able to do that. He might not have played great in the fisrt half, but the key thing is he was playing hard. If we were to see an Ohio St, Syrcacuse and teams like that in the tournaments, we have to play physical. A freshman was pushing Davis around today, imagine what Sullinger probably could do. Jones needs to play hard and need his size in those games. Even against UNC we would need him too. He is a real key for this team.

I agree to a certain extent...IMO Miller, MKG, and Lamb don't get enough time on the floor together. Jones was really struggling in the first half. I thought the reason UK struggled defensively in the 2nd half is because Miller was on the bench. IMO he is the most versatile team defender on the team.

 

Honestly I thought Miller was lacking on defense today. At least 3 times he hardly made it out top on defense and the Alabama player just shot right over the top of him. Jones didn't play too bad he did end up leading the team with 15.

Not the best game for UK, but its a win on a day where #1, #3, and #4 all lose.

Kentucky should be #1 when the next rankings come out, perhaps unanimously given today's losses. The question will be whether they can survive the week with two road games. Neither Georgia or LSU is all that great, but the road is Kentucky weakness and those fans will be eager to see a #1 go down....

Kentucky should be #1 when the next rankings come out, perhaps unanimously given today's losses. The question will be whether they can survive the week with two road games. Neither Georgia or LSU is all that great, but the road is Kentucky weakness and those fans will be eager to see a #1 go down....

 

I could see Syracuse still getting some #1 votes simply because they lost on the road and were without the services of Fab Melo. Either way though UK will definitely be #1 in the polls.

Honestly I thought Miller was lacking on defense today. At least 3 times he hardly made it out top on defense and the Alabama player just shot right over the top of him. Jones didn't play too bad he did end up leading the team with 15.
Teague is the worst defensive player Ky has on the floor most of the time.
Kentucky should be #1 when the next rankings come out, perhaps unanimously given today's losses. The question will be whether they can survive the week with two road games. Neither Georgia or LSU is all that great, but the road is Kentucky weakness and those fans will be eager to see a #1 go down....

 

Here's a fun fact, UK is winless with the #1 ranking under Calipari. I believe the record is just 0-2 though.

I'm not a betting man....but I do follow spreads...saw that UK was 10.5 or something, UL was a dog by 3, Duke was 9.5, and who knows about Syracuse. In my mind, I would've bet against the spread in each scenario...wouldn't have been a bad day.

Here's a fun fact, UK is winless with the #1 ranking under Calipari. I believe the record is just 0-2 though.

 

I still remember the first time they grabbed the #1 spot. Then USC went all Sandstorm on them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.