Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 77 Alabama 71

Featured Replies

Here's a fun fact, UK is winless with the #1 ranking under Calipari. I believe the record is just 0-2 though.

 

Not true. They were #1 earlier this year and swept St. John's and North Carolina. I also believe they won later the week they were #1 the first time after losing to South Carolina.

  • Replies 49
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not denying anything you said, but I don't see a travel as a 50/50 call. "odd" is a nice way to define the officiating.

 

I'm really curious. What is a 50/50 call? IYO?

Not true. They were #1 earlier this year and swept St. John's and North Carolina. I also believe they won later the week they were #1 the first time after losing to South Carolina.

 

You are correct, that is my fault. The only ones I thought of were the USC game and then the Indiana game. So all in all UK is 3-2 as the #1 ranked team?

You are correct, that is my fault. The only ones I thought of were the USC game and then the Indiana game. So all in all UK is 3-2 as the #1 ranked team?

 

Under Cal, yes. They have only been #1 for 3 weeks, and next week will be the 4th. They were never #1 under Billy G and only for the 2003 NCAA Tournament under Tubby.

 

BTW, by means of comparison, the Cats are 24-2 as the #2 ranked team under Calipari.

I believe Alabama was 13-5 coming into this game and it was 13-3 before the two losses in the past week to Miss. St. and Vanderbilt. Not sure what everyone is saying about their record should be better. That is a pretty darn good record.

 

I agree...Out of the six losses that Bama has, 4 of them are against teams currently ranked (#2 Kentucky by 6, #10 Georgetown by 2, #25 Kansas State by 13, and #18 Mississippi State by 4.) Bama's other 2 losses were to a solid Vandy team by 10 and @ Dayton by 12.

 

If we can get Mitchell, Releford, and Green playing well together along with solid play from Moussa/ Lacey/Jacobs/Steele/Randolph we will be a tough out and could end up being a top 25 team.

I don't think this game said much about UK playing bad, Alabama played good today.

I don't know what happened to Alabama in their 20 point home loss to Vandy, but they've got a better team than their record indicates.

 

Can't disagree, they definitely need to start getting more wins to make the tournament though.

I don't think this game said much about UK playing bad, Alabama played good today.

 

Agree somewhat...but I would add that Alabama came in with a game plan & executed very well. It was pretty evident they wanted to get physical, particularly with Anthony Davis. And I thought they did that remarkably well.

 

Kudos to the Cats on hitting the big FT's down the stretch.

Davis shooting 83.3% from the line since the IU game. Hope he keeps that up.

Davis shooting 83.3% from the line since the IU game. Hope he keeps that up.

 

Hopefully he can get those mid range jump shots next. He's got a pretty stroke, but can't get the jump shots to fall. His free throws look great now though.

Hopefully he can get those mid range jump shots next. He's got a pretty stroke, but can't get the jump shots to fall. His free throws look great now though.

 

I say it every time he shoots one, that I don't know how he doesn't make any, because he's got a good looking shot. He will get it eventually, but it might be after he's done in a Wildcat jersey.

I say it every time he shoots one, that I don't know how he doesn't make any, because he's got a good looking shot. He will get it eventually, but it might be after he's done in a Wildcat jersey.

 

I agree with you. The mechanics & everything else looks good when he shoots. I think it's a matter of repetition for him. I think this part of his game will fully develop when he's playing basketball as a full-time job.

Hopefully he can get those mid range jump shots next. He's got a pretty stroke, but can't get the jump shots to fall. His free throws look great now though.
I can only remember 1 jump shot he has made this season. I am guessing he is 1-20 on jumpers. About 100-115 besides that :D

Good win. Alabama played well. However, if we hit a good percentage of free throws in the first half, we win by double digits. Missed free throws irk me to no end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.