Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?

leatherneck

Congrats to all that made the cut. Wish we could've played some of your boys.

What number was Franklin-Simpson DLineman Hawkins... #30? Couldn't find him on the State Game film.

63 and we had a tough time blocking him in pass protection from what I recall. Extremely quick off the LOS.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect towards Bruns, but I felt all year long that New was the better defensive back of the two. To be fair to Bruns, he was moved to a new position this year (safety) and perhaps if he'd have stayed at corner, I'd have felt differently about who the better db was this year. But it's hard to argue against New being on the team as a db. White definitely belongs on the team. Not having seen Clark play, I can't argue that Bruns belongs being on there in his place.

I agree with ^^^^^^^^

I guess if you play in Lexington and East of Lexington that you have no chance of getting any respect from any of the "so called" polls in the state of Kentucky~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% correct, brother!!!!

If you ignore the fact that 7 of the 36 are from East of Lexington.

Spot on.

Two kids were in the first team offense and defense.....then there were a few threw in to the almighty "Athlete" category I guess just to let the Lexington and Eastern Ky. people know that we do exist in the state!!!!!!

As was stated before....who would you take out and who would you replace them with? Also, did you nominate and make a well stated case for any Lexington area football players?

Would it make a difference?? I don't think so....some things just will never change!!!

So who belongs on the list that is from Lex. or EKY. I can think of alot of good players, but I can't make an argument for them over the player selected.

Use Bolin as an example. He is a great player, had a great season, great stats to support consideration, several D1 offers, and has verballed to Louisville. But this year he has a player playing the same position who had a better year. Won more games, a state title, ungodly stats (1 int.) D1 and verbal to Ky.

Don't hide behind the 'we get no respect' thing. It's not like EKY was ignored. There are seven guys that made the list. Who belongs? Who do they replace?

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Thoughts on the 2011 All-BGP football team?